Sequels Shailene Woodley COULD BE Mary Jane Watson.....in TASM3 - Part 4

If she comes back... great. If not, it won't be too big of a lost, and I don't mean that disrespectfully, but there are others who could play MJ just as good if not better.

Webb has, I believe, made statementsthat differ from Tolmach's concerning the possibility of seeing the MJ stuff, so we shall see what happens.

It's pretty clear that Mary Jane Watson will appear in The Amazing Spider-Man 3 . It's just remains to be seen who will be casted

I hope they get another actress.

I'm not really feeling this Shailene Woodley.

I honestly feel they dropped the ball with her...I watched Divergent yestarday and she made the whole thing watchable, holding her own against Kate Winslet without any problem...if only the hair/make-up/wardrobe department had done their job decently...honestly, her character in divergent is supposed to look really plain, and she looked waaaaaaaaay more beautiful than she did on the set photos :/ Sorry for my awful photoshopping skills, but to illustrate my point:
lqbA9XU.jpg

I would rather not have a MJ in this series. Just have Felicia as his love interest.

They introduced Felicia as Harry's personal assistant, and since he's an antagonist, she should be as well.... especially if she becomes Black Cat.

MJ should be the next female protagonist and potential Peter/Spidey love interest.

I honestly feel they dropped the ball with her...I watched Divergent yestarday and she made the whole thing watchable, holding her own against Kate Winslet without any problem...if only the hair/make-up/wardrobe department had done their job decently...honestly, her character in divergent is supposed to look really plain, and she looked waaaaaaaaay more beautiful than she did on the set photos :/ Sorry for my awful photoshopping skills, but to illustrate my point:

Not only did she hold her own against Kate Winslet, she also held it against George Cloney in the Descendants. And that edit is amazing, nice job!

Anyways, I just feel like they hit the jackpot with Shai (pun intended) because she could play a different variety of characters.
In The Descendants, she's the angsty complex teenager. While she's the shy insecure girl in The Spectacular Now.
tumblr_n4z6hkaxdY1swtbemo8_250.gif
tumblr_n4zy839GDr1trly0co5_250.gif

In Divergent, she's the brave, selfless heroine. But In The Fault In Our Stars, she's a sarcastic cancer patient.
tumblr_n3yheiznt11qbkgm9o7_r1_250.gif
tumblr_n4tbjzeHvv1svo88ao7_250.gif

And in White Bird In a Blizzard, Shai is another angsty teenager finding her way of womanhood (through manipulation and seduction i think), etc.
Shai could've brought a lot to MJ's character because although she "does not look like MJ", she has the acting chops and she could've done something differently with the role,
but remember, it all depends on the script. If the script called for a "mousy" ultimate MJ, then so be it.
AflvSSz.png
tumblr_n4zbv0PzTn1qef3ewo1_250.png

I keep hearing rumors of Scout Taylor- Compton as MJ....anyone know if that's true?

"There was a really beautiful scene between Gwen and Mary Jane that we shot. Where Gwen is going to say goodbye and Mary Jane is on the porch and they talk to each other. Gwen says: “Will you give him this message for me?” and the last line was, she says: “Oh and I didn’t say my name, by the way, I’m MJ.” and I say, “I’m Gwen” and[BLACKOUT] I’m about to go to London[/BLACKOUT] so I say: “I’m really glad I got to meet you MJ,” and then [BLACKOUT]I leave for London[/BLACKOUT]. And it makes me want to cry even now, it was beautiful, it was really beautiful. It was like a knowing. So if the storyline had stayed in, I think it would have been kind of amazing"

http://www.newsarama.com/21024-emma...-human-component-of-amazing-spider-man-2.html

:csad:

"There was a really beautiful scene between Gwen and Mary Jane that we shot. Where Gwen is going to say goodbye and Mary Jane is on the porch and they talk to each other. Gwen says: “Will you give him this message for me?” and the last line was, she says: “Oh and I didn’t say my name, by the way, I’m MJ.” and I say, “I’m Gwen” and[BLACKOUT] I’m about to go to London[/BLACKOUT] so I say: “I’m really glad I got to meet you MJ,” and then [BLACKOUT]I leave for London[/BLACKOUT]. And it makes me want to cry even now, it was beautiful, it was really beautiful. It was like a knowing. So if the storyline had stayed in, I think it would have been kind of amazing"

http://www.newsarama.com/21024-emma...-human-component-of-amazing-spider-man-2.html

:csad:

That would've been so beautiful had they kept it in. Shame they had to cut it. :csad:

It will be tough to set Peter up with MJ in the next film. They really can't rush it. She should probably just have a few scenes in ASM 3

Yup, they shouldn't give MJ a big role in the third film. Or at least introduce her as a friend only and not immediate love interest.

Re Scout Taylor Compton: Haven't seen anything official. I bet it's a rumor spread by her team or her fans.

I wonder how the box office underperformance will affect the future of this franchise though.

I'm thinking MJ will get introduced in the very last scene of the movie: "Face it Tiger, you just hit the Jackpot!" with the camera facing Peter the whole time.

That would've been so beautiful had they kept it in. Shame they had to cut it. :csad:

It really did sound like a lovely scene between the two girls but I do think cutting her out will turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

Time will tell, of course.

[YT]bkOcPxMSrsE[/YT]

^ For anyone that's curious, the scene as described by Emma.

The two former MJ's:

1399341499_488343077_shailene-woodley-kirsten-dunst-467.jpg

Shai is one tall girl. She towers over Dunst! :eek:

Last edited:
^ Saw it on her Wikipedia page, but I can't find any other reports on this. Links?

Maybe she's a candidate/auditioning for the role, but I doubt they cast already. Seems like just a rumor.

Last edited:
I'm thinking MJ will get introduced in the very last scene of the movie: "Face it Tiger, you just hit the Jackpot!" with the camera facing Peter the whole time.

I don't think we'll see her iconic introduction. Based on what Webb has been saying, the epilogue in #122 is much more likely.

The two former MJ's:

488382349-actors-shailene-woodley-and-kirsten-dunst-gettyimages.jpg

1399341499_488343077_shailene-woodley-kirsten-dunst-467.jpg

488397855-shailene-woodley-and-kirsten-dunst-attends-gettyimages.jpg

Shai is one tall girl. She towers over Dunst! :eek:

I have to say...Dunst looks amazing here. Lately it seems like she's been taking a lot better care of herself. From last year to now is the best I've seen her look since SM-1.

And Shailene looks flawless as usual. :wow:

I keep hearing rumors of Scout Taylor- Compton as MJ....anyone know if that's true?

Nah, it's not. I doubt they'd be focused on casting this soon & even if they were, I don't think they would or should go for Scout. Don't get me wrong, she's a great talent, but she doesn't scream "Mary Jane Watson" to me.

Get Shailene. :cwink:

I'd like to see those deleted scenes, just so I can know how well she did alongside Emma and Andrew.

*sigh* I guess that'll never happen.

It's important for them to erase her from history. To see her deleted scenes would make for an uncomfortable feeling when a new MJ is chosen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"