Sequels Shailene Woodley COULD BE Mary Jane Watson.....in TASM3 - Part 4

tumblr_n9tz2js17o1qef3ewo1_500.png

I'd love for Shai to come back buuuut even if her schedule worked out, I'm sure she's done with franchises.
When do you think we'll hear new MJ news? 2016? Near shooting?

You know, I'm kind of hoping Fox picks up Shailene for Jean Grey in Apocalypse.

I'd love for Shai to come back buuuut even if her schedule worked out, I'm sure she's done with franchises.
When do you think we'll hear new MJ news? 2016? Near shooting?

Nice manip. Unless MJ appears in one of the spin-offs, probably not until 2016. For all we know, MJ might not even make an appearance in TASM3.

Has Marc Webb's return even been confirmed?

Yeah, Mary Jane was 'confirmed' for the third movie. That's pretty crazy that we won't hear news until like 2016.. But better for the movie, right? They'll have more time to edit the script and such.
EDIT: Opps I read your question wrong lol

Last edited:
Yeah, this series really needs some writers who really know the Spider-Man character well enough to explore new story points, new characters & to give us, the audience, a new feel. I do like the first two TASM movies but there's too much of a familiar feel with them...more so with part two than one.

It needs to feel different...that's why the MCU has worked so well, they cultivate new stories. Spider-Man needs to be the same.

2r3f1gm.jpg

I like the edgy direction they appear to intend for Mary Jane. I wonder if they will completely scratch this idea?

i wasn't in favor of Woodley at first, but with the right make-up, I can see her being a good MJ.

With all due respect to Woodley, I am a bit tired of MJ being a "girl next door" in Spider-Man movies. Bring on the "face it tiger you hit the jackpot" MJ.

I wonder, any idea why they didn't release the Mary Jane scenes?

Wonder if there are any leaked emails on why Woodley was really cut.

She was cut because fans overracted to those photos and, in general, we complete *******s about her. And in turn, Sony freaked out and canned her.

It was a kneejerk reaction. Just like Sony cutting various other parts of ASM (like the "Do you have any idea..." line) and ASM2 (such as Peter's dad being alive) after people online showed a distaste for it during the production cycle, as these details came out (officially or unofficially).

It's probably a good thing.

Look at the state of the movies now. Soon to be taken back by Marvel, with any luck. It would've just been a waste for Shailene.

So true. She should be thanking Sony for cutting her from the movie. Probably saved her career.

I think her part as MJ was so small that it wouldn't have affected her career much, but it's better she does not have this on her resume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"