The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Shailene Woodley COULD BE Mary Jane Watson.....in TASM3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but if it was a Katie/Maggie recast situation we might get someone hotter. :o

Like Jane Levy. The person they should have casted in the begining. I'm not say anything is wrong with Shailene is just she average she not super hot like Mary-Jane should be also mary-jane is supposed to resemble gwen in a way and Jane Levy looks really similar to Emma Stone

eh Jane Levy, while i love her, is sorta like...

"if celebrities had knock off brands, she'd be the knock off of an Emma Stone"

they look similar, act similar, but Emma costs more and has a bit better quality.

Id gladly buy this knockoff
MV5BMjE3NDkxNTgwNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzUxNTYwNw@@._V1._SX640_SY825_.jpg

eh Jane Levy, while i love her, is sorta like...

"if celebrities had knock off brands, she'd be the knock off of an Emma Stone"

they look similar, act similar, but Emma costs more and has a bit better quality.
Jane didn't remotely act like Emma in Shameless, and it doesn't seem to be the case with Evil Dead, either.

I get the comparison. When I first saw ads for Suburgatory - well before I had any clue that she was the same person from Shameless - I thought she seemed like an Emma Stone knock-off myself. But I think that's only because the producers of that show were intentionally going for an "Emma Stone in Easy A" vibe for their lead character. Levy's acting style in general really isn't very Emma Stone-esque at all, imo, and she seems to be very talented in her own right.

That said, when she has red hair, I do think she looks a little too much like Emma to play MJ in a movie with Emma as Gwen, and I'm happy with Webb's choice of Woodley for that role.

totally didnt realize that was her in Evil Dead, I just knew she looked familiar but never put it together.

totally didnt realize that was her in Evil Dead, I just knew she looked familiar but never put it together.
Yeah, her performance is getting really great buzz from the early reviews of that, too. Not your typical horror movie scream queen performance, apparently.

I agree, Garfield doesn't seem to age, I'm sure he will still look young enough to pull off early 20's while he's actually in his mid 30's. Whether or not he still wants to do it is another story. If these movies continue to happen every two years, I don't think he would. Like every actor, I'm sure he wants to do other things, but if the script was good and there was at least a 3 year gap, I think he would at least consider it.

I hope they throw good money at him, he deserves it. I'm still shocked they only gave him $500,000 for the first movie (compared to Tobey who got 4 million to start) I hope he got a substantial pay raise for TASM 2, he's worth it. I heard a rumour he's getting $3 million? For us average folk, that's enormous, but considering Tobey got $17.5 million for the second movie, that's dirt cheap.

Garfield's salary (according to DHD):
TASM1 - 250k
TASM2 - 500K
TASM3 - 1M

Garfield's salary (according to DHD):
TASM1 - 250k
TASM2 - 500K
TASM3 - 1M

It was widely reported that it was 500K for TASM1. With the success of TASM, I highly doubt he'd be happy only getting 500K for the sequel, that would be highway robbery. Actors are allowed to renegotiate their contracts for the next movie if the previous one did very well. For a sequel that might come close to making a billion dollars worldwide this time around, there's absolutely no way he's only getting 500K.

I hope he pulls off what Tobey did for SM2 at the time.

Jane didn't remotely act like Emma in Shameless, and it doesn't seem to be the case with Evil Dead, either.

I get the comparison. When I first saw ads for Suburgatory - well before I had any clue that she was the same person from Shameless - I thought she seemed like an Emma Stone knock-off myself. But I think that's only because the producers of that show were intentionally going for an "Emma Stone in Easy A" vibe for their lead character. Levy's acting style in general really isn't very Emma Stone-esque at all, imo, and she seems to be very talented in her own right.

That said, when she has red hair, I do think she looks a little too much like Emma to play MJ in a movie with Emma as Gwen, and I'm happy with Webb's choice of Woodley for that role.

yeah, i think Jane in general just has a too glaring similar look to Emma for her to ever share a film with her (and not play her sister) it's just far too similar.

yeah, i think Jane in general just has a too glaring similar look to Emma for her to ever share a film with her (and not play her sister) it's just far too similar.

So instead they go for someone who looks like Andrew Garfield's sister.

Why did they need to bring Mary Jane into the story?

Hmm... A possible love triangle in the works... A new friend... Someone to relate to... A future shoulder to cry on... A larger cast... Cuz it's Mary Jane!

Because Mary Jane is an iconic and essential part of the mythos and regardless of whether gwen is featured or whether you like the character, she has to show up at some point.

Like Jane Levy. The person they should have casted in the begining. I'm not say anything is wrong with Shailene is just she average she not super hot like Mary-Jane should be also mary-jane is supposed to resemble gwen in a way and Jane Levy looks really similar to Emma Stone

Yes but if it was a Katie/Maggie recast situation we might get someone hotter. :o

:whatever:

I just love comic book fans. Instead of being happy that they cast an actress that can actually act, comic book fans are mad shailene isn' "hot" enough :doh:

Then comic book fans complain later on when we get this
JessicaAlbaFantasticFour112210.jpg

JanuaryJonesEmmaFrost.jpg

Halleasstorm2.jpg

I want some consistency. And I'm tired of Marvel's recasting fecies. We don't need another one.

Spider-Man isn't part of the Marvel Film Universe.

People please learn where characters are before you moan, it looks lazy.

It was widely reported that it was 500K for TASM1. With the success of TASM, I highly doubt he'd be happy only getting 500K for the sequel, that would be highway robbery. Actors are allowed to renegotiate their contracts for the next movie if the previous one did very well. For a sequel that might come close to making a billion dollars worldwide this time around, there's absolutely no way he's only getting 500K.

500K is good money for a few months work to dress up as Spidey and make out with Emma Stone (though he gets that for free)!

How can you have a Spider-Man franchise without Spider-Man's main love interest? This is Hollywood people. Directors, studios and fans always need a love story mixed in somewhere.

Spider-Man isn't part of the Marvel Film Universe.

People please learn where characters are before you moan, it looks lazy.

I was not talking about the Marvel Cinematic Universe, I said I'm tired of their recastings in general.

People please learn how to read before you decide to get on someone's case, it looks more than lazy.

:whatever:

I just love comic book fans. Instead of being happy that they cast an actress that can actually act, comic book fans are mad shailene isn' "hot" enough :doh:

Then comic book fans complain later on when we get this
JessicaAlbaFantasticFour112210.jpg

JanuaryJonesEmmaFrost.jpg

Halleasstorm2.jpg

Logic is rarely a part of most fans' opinions anyway. I usually laugh and get annoyed when people change their minds whenever they see fit, but now it just seems hilarious to me. Good entertainment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back