The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson! - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like brown dyed cherry.

I was hoping for a dark carrot sort of shade, more natural.

Not a big deal though.

Exactly, it seems brown with a slight reddish hue, its fine, but ill always strive for that unnatural red on MJ.

I wasn't talk just directly to you, I was talking in general.

It was clearly addressed directly to me. You quoted my post, made accusations at me, then asked questions of me. :cwink:

Moving on...

I'm not a fan of the hair colour, myself. I loved comic MJ's almost unattainable red. At least it's not Kirsten Dunst in 'Spiderman 2' levels of bad though.

It was clearly addressed directly to me. You quoted my post, made accusations at me, then asked questions of me. :cwink:

Moving on...

I'm not a fan of the hair colour, myself. I loved comic MJ's almost unattainable red. At least it's not Kirsten Dunst in 'Spiderman 2' levels of bad though.

I apologize if you thought I was referring only to you, but I wasn't. Even the second part of my statement was aimed at a GA. And I responded to you because you responded to me.

Joe_Kickass said:
You realize that potentially dozens of actresses tried out for this part right? They chose her for a reason.
You people are jaded and pathetic.
You're basically saying MJ is nothing more than eye candy, a object to draw sexual feelings from.
That's extremelly shallow. What happened to making a good movie?
What's more important, a good movie or a faithful movie? She evidently has something that will make this character special.
Only a sith deals in absolutes. It's entirely possible to provide both a good AND faithful movie.

DorkyFresh said:
If MJ were originally written to be news reporter or a journalist then I wouldn't put so much emphasis on what she looks like, but she's primarily a model/fashionista/actress....hence, the emphasis on her looks. Also, I'm not saying that they should ONLY get a girl to look pretty in front of the camera. If they had cast Megan Fox I'd be just as upset because her acting chops are limited. MJ has to be likable and believable...but I don't see why they couldn't find an actress that fulfills MJ's character AS WELL AS her visual.

Only a sith deals in absolutes. It's entirely possible to provide both a good AND faithful movie.

Yeah, and this movie is faithful to the source material. It doesn't have to be 100%, it can have liberties taken, it can have personal flourishes. If this MJ turns out to be a compelling character and Woodley carries herself just right, then who cares if she's not "model levels of hot"? Like I said, there's probably some aspect of her that can make the character special, which attributes to making a good movie, and isn't 100% faithful, but it can be balanced.

I expect to see the "Homely" Ultimate MJ look with the 616 spunk.

I concur. I absolutely love her. I was never a huge fan of the glamorous knockout supermodel MJ. I know it was a facade to keep her emotions from getting hurt but I never liked that portrayal in the original comics much. Even though it was part of her eventual character-development. I can understand why Raimi didn't choose to showcase her that way, I prefer Webb doesn't either. And I'm probably gonna get a lot of crap for this...

I consider Ultimate a healthy balance. She's attractive in it.

:funny: Well put!

I also appreciate your point about Fox. Not only does she not have the acting chops, but in my opinion, 'hot' or not, she doesn't look like MJ.

'Hot' is not the only requirement. That's a vast over-simplification.

:funny: Well put!

I also appreciate your point about Fox. Not only does she not have the acting chops, but in my opinion, 'hot' or not, she doesn't look like MJ.

'Hot' is not the only requirement. That's a vast over-simplification.

You can say Megan Fox is hot, but I definitely wouldn't say she's attractive.

That just made me realize: She has the cowgirl boots from the 90's cartoon!!! :grin: :bow:

tumblr_micqce1jMi1rqxqruo1_500.gif

I consider Ultimate a healthy balance. She's attractive in it.

Yeah, she's still beautiful but in an very adorable and sweet way, instead of the bombshell with sex appeal oozing out of her every pore. I mean didn't people actually find that to be unrealistic? How many complaints there have been that a guy like Peter can never get a woman like that. This is why Bendis tried to ground it in reality with USM and made MJ a more believable character since the beginning. Who knows, maybe Webb and Marvel think MJ's original seemingly superficial persona is kinda tricky and probably would be considered unlikable by the general audience, who don't know much about her comics version.

now that i saw the video it seems MJ will give a ride to Peter to school

MJ giving Pete a lift to school on her motorcycle... this is so great. i can imagine this Marc Webb directed scene in my head already :D

MJ giving Pete a lift to school on her motorcycle... this is so great. i can imagine this Marc Webb directed scene in my head already :D

that combined with what Johnny said....:dry:

All I can say is Sony better utilize her potential in the looks department as best as they can because it would suck if a girl that looks like this would get ripped forher having to go for a less than flattering look:

Shailene-Woodley-The-Descendants_eos-hand-lotion1.jpg

117994d1343638295-shailene-woodley-shailene-woodley-sexy-hot-yellow-top-814-x-1200.jpg

The second picture is exactly how I see Ultimate Mary Jane. Incredibly sweet and seemingly a bit shy. If that is indeed the version of MJ they go for, then Woodley is money in the bank.

i think theyre going for a mix between MJ from ultimate comic and the spectacular cartoon, at least that would be perfect for me.
she was completely believable in those interpretations

i think theyre going for a mix between MJ from ultimate comic and the spectacular cartoon, at least that would be perfect for me.
she was completely believable in those interpretations

Yeah, as long as Robbie's son doesn't tell her he's "randy" again lol. Boy, did that show have some balls, or what. Dang, I miss it.

Mary Janes voice was so spot on, and her attitude, Woodley can definitely pull that off.
i wonder if we'll see a prom scene in this film?
It'd be a first for spidey movie !

We should. From what I understand, it takes place close to graduation.

it be awesome to see electro light the place up.
but then again, wouldnt peter and gwen feel guilty about having a night of fun instead of worrying about NYC with a threat on the loose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"