The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was never fun and games, you were annoying from the start. Let's not forget who started talking to who. You were the one who had a problem with my opinion and decided to begin our exchange. I don't care how ******** you assert that I am.

Haha, I had a problem? Not at all. I think you still don't understand sarcasm there fella.

Haha, well isn't that painful truth.

The painful truth is that I spoke to Slang first? :huh:

Yeah I'm sure Anno would be the first one to bring up that refute.

Your undying ability to mention me or reply any post regarding me is laughable.

This.

Most GA dont know Shtick about the comics and will say Webb just aped Nolan
I can already picture Anno saying how TDK began the trend of killing the lead female character if TASM2/3 is sucessful at that :D

I'm sorry for your ignorance then if you really do think that.

Its been 7 years since BB's release aswell but apparently TASM only exists because of BB

Even though I never said that, but I guess you got confused somehow with my words of BB being the inspiration for TAS-M. If I could explain that anymore, I would. But, sadly I can't. Sorry for that as well :cwink:

But Anno said himself that he only checks the SHH! boards about 5-10 minutes whenever he has time.

He wouldn't waste that short time on writing whatever crap that's at the top of his head in a board section about a film he doesn't even like.

...oh wait!

I'm flattered everyone mentions my name when I'm not around. I feel loved :woot:

Last edited:
I doubt anyone other than the Nolanites and the hardcore TASM haters that look for any reason to bash the reboot will compare Gwen's death with Rachel's death. To the general public, Rachel Dawes wasn't even that memorable of a character and was nowhere as likeable as Gwen. Chances are that if you ask your average Joe to name Batman's love interest in TDK, he probably won't even remember Rachel's name. Gwen is already far more memorable, far more likeable, is played by Emma Stone who is pretty big right now (bigger than Maggie) and will be played by her for multiple films. Plus, Gwen overall is a much bigger character in the Webb franchise than Rachel ever was in the Nolan franchise. Not to mention that her death will be handled completely differently and will probably be the whole point of the movie and the movie's biggest climax, which wasn't the case with TDK. So there is nothing to worry about when it comes to the GA. Yes, there will probably be Nolanites, Raimi fanboys, and overall TASM haters that will try to make Webb look as if he is trying to copy Nolan but it won't be that big of a number overall or at least not that big of a number that it will influence the general audience's opinion on Gwen's death.

Kts9r.png

Quoting Sabretooth from origins

'Looked what the cat dragged in'

^Haha, my thoughts as well!

I really hope Shailene convinces me otherwise, but so far I'm not excited about her being MJ and I think it's the weakest casting so far.

I havent seen any of the films so I cant say about her acting but the look isnt exactly spot on

MJ is something of a Sexy and curvy girl who would leave your mouth hanging open(Thats how I picture her) Woodley looks more like a cute kind of girl,She is more Gwen Stacy material than MJ material imo

I hope she proves me wrong like Emma Stone did

I havent seen any of the films so I cant say about her acting but the look isnt exactly spot on

MJ is something of a Sexy and curvy girl who would leave your mouth hanging open(Thats how I picture her) Woodley looks more like a cute kind of girl,She is more Gwen Stacy material than MJ material imo

I hope she proves me wrong like Emma Stone did

She will.

I think Emma Stone would also be a great MJ!

It's funny how people back then said Emma would've made a great MJ and now some say the same about Shailene vice versa :-D

Damn you. I thought it was a reveal like Emma Stone had. :o

Damn you. I thought it was a reveal like Emma Stone had. :o

I hope we'll get that kind of reveal in January :-)

Agreed.

Consider she has recently been working on another project as well as the fact that she she won't start filming for ASM2 until February, we prob's won't get a pic of her w/ red hair until late January to early February.

Whether or not it's from a set pic or a red carpet pic depends.

Currently watching her in the Descendants. Honestly think she'll add something to the trilogy. She definitely looks on the youthful side but I think that's purposeful for her character in this. Once she's got that red hair, some make-up on - I can definitely see her as Mary Jane.

I've known about Dane from Chronicle, reckon he'll be great as Osborn.

And now for Shailene, I definitely think she's going to be a more likeable MJ than Kirsten Dunst - even though I may have had a crush on her in my younger years! There's elements of a rebellious side to her character in this, a sympathetic side too. I'm confident.

Good casting choice! Well done Webb and co.

Furthermore I know people have said about her character on the Secret Life not being so likeable etc. But that's partly down to writers.

And there's a reason one would think that those writers are writing for TV and the ASM2 writers are writing for a pretty big movie franchise!

That's my two cents done and dusted.

^^ Indeed. I'm very optimistic about this now! Can't wait for the sequel, hurry up May haha!

why does every good story have to be a trilogy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"