The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The shade of red Dunst had in Spider-Man 1 was perfect. I really dislike the shade of red in that manip which is similar to the shade of red Dunst had in SM2.

why does every good story have to be a trilogy?

The idea of a three story act with a beginning, middle and end is plainly just interesting and usually something is watered down with a fourth round. Even with all the backlash of Spider-Man 3, you know how the development for a Spider-Man 4 was because of how Raimi had already pretty much tied everything together in three films.

You can tell a good story in a trilogy. As Anno said, a beginning, middle, and end. I think you can make more films beyond three movies though, just with a new story arc building on what has been accomplished in the previous films.

So TASM can be a trilogy, concluding the whole Parents/Norman Osborn storyline. Then they can move on to telling more Spider-Man stories (there are so many to tell IMO).

Adding a few Shailene pics to the thread.

What a pretty young lady. :)

57402121.jpg

57402123.jpg

57402127.jpg

I can see her as MJ. I'm happy with this casting.

aren´t they suppoused to look young, lol
they are suppoused to be in high school

I think they will be in college in ASM2. Garfield and Stone already look pretty mature for High School. College is probably where Peter will met Harry, and he will meet MJ there, too, I'm guessing. Unless they are going the "MJ is really underage" route, and she is still in school while Peter and Gwen are in college, then Shailene will be perfect!

I think they will be in college in ASM2. Garfield and Stone already look pretty mature for High School. College is probably where Peter will met Harry, and he will meet MJ there, too, I'm guessing. Unless they are going the "MJ is really underage" route, and she is still in school while Peter and Gwen are in college, then Shailene will be perfect!

I just dont agree.

She really doesn't look younger than Emma and Andrew IMO. She look the same age as Emma at the very least.

Garfield is 29 I think, so there's quite an age gap.

Garfield is 29 I think, so there's quite an age gap.

As long as the female lead isnt elder to the male I am alright

Garfield is 29 but he looks a lot younger..say about 25.Shailene is 21 and Stone is 24.I think ages are perfect

Plus Shailene will have a major role only in TASM3 which wont come out untill atleast 2016(By that time Shailene will be 25)

Andrew doesn't seem to age as fast as Tobey Maguire. In SM2, Maguire was about 29 years old, and looked it (if not older). In SM3, he really looked like he was 32, and also looked his age, if not older.

Andrew was 28 during TASM, and looked about 20 IMO. He really looks young, and I think he is going to age a lot better than Maguire.

Last edited:
I can see her as MJ. I'm happy with this casting.

Same. I never saw her in anything, so I don't know how her acting is, but she definitely looks like a good MJ. Hopefully a big improvement from Kirsten Dunst's version in the Raimi films.

I know people who hate her just because she was on the show "The Secret Life of the American Teenager." Never saw it, but her being in one series shouldn't determine whether or not she is good for the role.

When I was in high school there were guys that looke older than Andrew so I hink he is fine to play a senior although I think Peter should start college atleast by the end of Amazing Spidey 2.

Last edited:
There was always that one kid in my school who looked so much older than everyone else. Though in most movies, high school students always look like college students.

Questions over Mary-Jane:
1. Should she see the "jackpot" line?
2. Be Gwen's friend?
3. Dating Harry?
4. Know who Spiderman is?
5. Be recasted, since they haven't started filming?

Questions over Mary-Jane:
1. Should she see the "jackpot" line?
2. Be Gwen's friend?
3. Dating Harry?
4. Know who Spiderman is?
5. Be recasted, since they haven't started filming?
1. No
2. Sure/Yes
3. Sure/Either or
4. No
5. No

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads