The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they can make this all work without resorting to a "Twilight" level triangle like stage or even the over-the-top melodrama that was presented in Raimi's films regarding MJ's character and romantic relationships in general, then I will be impressed.

I just hope that MJ isn't used as the freaking "village bicycle" of the series where every new good looking guy gets to have their turn with her like the previous franchise.

If they can make this all work without resorting to a "Twilight" level triangle like stage or even the over-the-top melodrama that was presented in Raimi's films regarding MJ's character and romantic relationships in general, then I will be impressed.

I just hope that MJ isn't used as the freaking "village bicycle" of the series where every new good looking guy gets to have their turn with her like the previous franchise.
If any other guy ends up with her other than Peter, I think it would just be Harry.

If any other guy ends up with her other than Peter, I think it would just be Harry.

Do you mean at the end of the franchise or in terms of any other guy that might be paired up with her during the tenure of the franchise?

Yeah, that I have no problem with IF it's done right and if MJ isn't used as the freaking sole reason on why Harry goes crazy. It's getting kind of tiring on seeing a villain's main beef with a hero being because the hero got the girl while the villain didn't and I feel like a villain being in existence for that reason alone really devalues them as a serious villain.

What about making Harry a little unhinged and into Gwen? Almost Jackal-esque wise, definitely cares about her, friends with Peter and Gwen. Osborn already knows Parker is Spider-Man, incidents at Oscorp giving them bad press such as the Lizard - knows Peter was involved so this increases the hate towards him. Gwen choosing Peter over Harry (although Harry never made a move) - further sends it to the boil. Peter won't recreate the formula for Osborn? Who perhaps wants something stronger?

I suppose if you do that you're looking at a psychopathic father and son. Which in fairness is what they are in the end. Even still!

I don't care who agrees IMHO Dunst looked really good in SM1 but in SM2 she looked disasterous. Limp hair, faded red (instead of the vibrant red in SM1) old woman's clothes and forgive my crudeness, saggy boobs. It was like in the gap between SM1 and SM2 she was taking crack.

She was in Bring It On. And I believe that's the only other film with Kirsten Dunst I've seen except for Jumanji.

She's attractive when she has better hair and allows herself to get curves (SM1).

Had a massive crush on her after SM1. I was a weird child. SM2 she was so different in appearance it was bizarre.

I think she's attractive, but she started becoming a ***** in SM2 and she was a complete ***** in SM3.

I like the movie Upside Down. But that's not at all because of Dunst.

Questions over Mary-Jane:
1. Should she see the "jackpot" line?
2. Be Gwen's friend?
3. Dating Harry?
4. Know who Spiderman is?
5. Be recasted, since they haven't started filming?

1. Sure but I don't care if they change it up.
2. I say yes, it makes the transition from Gwen to MJ easier to swallow.
3. No. Make her a free spirit or only have eyes for Spider-Man.
4. She should know as much as any other new yorker.
5. I wouldn't mind that. I trust Webb and co. though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"