The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then you have very good taste sir! ;)

I like to have something to grab on!

[BLACKOUT]If I ever had the chance to[/BLACKOUT]

Untitled-1.jpg

Interesting to note that Andrew and Emma both wanted Shailene for the role of MJ. Do you think this was a big reason that she was cast? I am male, but I can understand Emma not wanting someone of say, Elena Satine's hot caliber when we all know how easy it is to ditch his current girlfriend for his co-star...

However, Emma should have had faith in him to not stray, regardless of how hot MJ actress is!!!

I wouldn't have minded Willa Holland in the MJ role. She looks amazingly beautiful on Arrow and is the same age as Shailene.

I don't really get an MJ vibe from her.

Interesting to note that Andrew and Emma both wanted Shailene for the role of MJ. Do you think this was a big reason that she was cast? I am male, but I can understand Emma not wanting someone of say, Elena Satine's hot caliber when we all know how easy it is to ditch his current girlfriend for his co-star...

However, Emma should have had faith in him to not stray, regardless of how hot MJ actress is!!!
adlucilleRollEyesHQ.gif

Yes, let's blame Emma for the casting of someone you don't like as MJ.

Shailene Woodley just became an "it girl" last awards season thanks to The Descendants. She's pretty, she's talented, and she's a star on the rise. That's why she was cast. Emma Stone's not the director, or casting director, or producer, or anyone who decides who gets cast on this project, so if you don't like the choice, blame the people who actually made it.

I thought it was a little strange when I found out MJ was in the sequel, which led be to believe that Gwen was going to die but then I found out the villain was Electro (not Green Goblin) and MJ only has a minor role in the second film so my guess is that in ASM 2 Peter and Gwen will be starting college, where they will meet Mary-Jane, Harry and possibly even Max Dillon (Electro).

Shailene Woodley is a very pretty girl but she is more like the girl next door type.

The character of MJ is supposed to be like a Veronica Lodge/Cheryl Blossom but they cast a Betty Cooper instead.

:facepalm:

its not confirmed yet is it? i'd love to hear they changed their minds... personal opinion.

I totally see Woodley as MJ. I wouldn't mind seeing her screen test though.

I totally see Woodley as MJ. I wouldn't mind seeing her screen test though.

I'd like to see the screen test as well. I trust Marc Webb after the first film, but I can't help but want to know how he thinks the characters MJ and Harry should be portrayed.

Is MJ gonna be sexy and unattainable? Or is she going to be the lifeless damsel Dunst was?

Is Harry gonna be a wormy daddy's boy? Or is he gonna be the cool kid ladies man James Franco was?

Usually the casting would tell us the story a little better. Like with Garfield and Stone (imo) but Woodley is somewhat left-field. Same could be said about a few of the guys on the shortlist for Harry.

I'd like to see the screen test as well. I trust Marc Webb after the first film, but I can't help but want to know how he thinks the characters MJ and Harry should be portrayed.

Is MJ gonna be sexy and unattainable? Or is she going to be the lifeless damsel Dunst was?

Is Harry gonna be a wormy daddy's boy? Or is he gonna be the cool kid ladies man James Franco was?

Usually the casting would tell us the story a little better. Like with Garfield and Stone (imo) but Woodley is somewhat left-field. Same could be said about a few of the guys on the shortlist for Harry.

I have faith in the casting. I mean, I presume that a little over 2 years ago Garfield being casted as Spider-man was considered a pretty damn left-field decision by many.

I was watching Spider-Man 2 the other day and it reminded me of how much I hated Dunsts MJ. She was lifeless, boring, and utterly non-convincing.

I hope MJ will be the sexy and unattainable like you said, but also the sweet and caring side she can be. I trust haha.
Harry I think will be something different than you mentioned. I'm thinking he'll be something like he was in The Spectacular Spider-Man. Idk though..

I was watching Spider-Man 2 the other day and it reminded me of how much I hated Dunsts MJ. She was lifeless, boring, and utterly non-convincing.

Yessss haha. I watch it ten years later, and ten years older, and that's exactly how I feel as well.

I loved Kirsten's MJ in Spider-Man 1, thought she was okay in Spider-Man 2, and hated her in Spider-Man 3.

She was OK in the first one. At least she had red hair.

She was so annoying in SM3 that I was rooting for the falling debris in the last battle.

She was OK in the first one. At least she had red hair.

She was so annoying in SM3 that I was rooting for the falling debris in the last battle.
I think she was more than "OK" in SM1. She was still just that girl Peter loved. It was the sequels that really took their relationship, if that's what you want to call it, in the wrong direction.

I look at Emmas Gwen and the first thing I say is "Wow I don't think I could ever dislike her."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"