Civil War Sharon carter A.K.A. Agent 13 - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
As most know, Sharon carter is a relative (in some way)to Peggy Carter and she is a potential new love interest for Steve Rogers.

What do you expect to see with her character in the next film?
What are your hopes?

I personally hope to see her play a big role in dealing with the superhuman registration act that we may see by the end of avengers: age of ultron.

Sharon was initially a supporter of the Superhuman Registration Act. She was averse to actually aiding in the capture of her lover, Captain America, who is the leader of the "Secret Avengers" opposed to the Act.
At the same time, it was also revealed that she is in some way an unknowing pawn of the Red Skull and his associate Doctor Faustus.
Steve Rogers is shot by a sniper on his way up the steps to the Federal Court.
In the ensuing crowd chaos, he is shot three times in the abdomen with a pistol, and later appears to die of his injuries.
It is later revealed that the plan was orchestrated by the Red Skull; the sniper was Crossbones, and Sharon Carter.

Well I guess only time will tell of course I wouldn't mind if the Russo's pulled a Rachel, :oldrazz: one of the best scenes in The Dark Knight. :cwink:
Also, why would you want Sharon to die like Dawes? So Cap will have lost both Peggy and Sharon and you want him to have constant man pain? Unlike Dawes, Sharon is a kickass, badass spy who can handle herself.

And you love Steggy, so maybe it's really bc you can't stand the idea of Staron.

Also, why would you want Sharon to die like Dawes? So Cap will have lost both Peggy and Sharon and you want him to have constant man pain? Unlike Dawes, Sharon is a kickass, badass spy who can handle herself.

And you love Steggy, so maybe it's really bc you can't stand the idea of Staron.

Between the Steggy and RomaRogers shippers, the hate for Staron is pretty strong.

As most know, Sharon carter is a relative (in some way)to Peggy Carter and she is a potential new love interest for Steve Rogers.

What do you expect to see with her character in the next film?
What are your hopes?

I personally hope to see her play a big role in dealing with the superhuman registration act that we may see by the end of avengers: age of ultron.

Sharon was initially a supporter of the Superhuman Registration Act. She was averse to actually aiding in the capture of her lover, Captain America, who is the leader of the "Secret Avengers" opposed to the Act.
At the same time, it was also revealed that she is in some way an unknowing pawn of the Red Skull and his associate Doctor Faustus.
Steve Rogers is shot by a sniper on his way up the steps to the Federal Court.
In the ensuing crowd chaos, he is shot three times in the abdomen with a pistol, and later appears to die of his injuries.
It is later revealed that the plan was orchestrated by the Red Skull; the sniper was Crossbones, and Sharon Carter.

I'm wondering if Sharon will be even more of Pro-Reg supporter than in the comics? One reason for my wondering this is that Maria Hill seems to be absent from this version where she was quite prominent in the comic. There may be some character merging here, much like BW took over some of the Sharon Carter plotting in TWS.

Random thoughts...

Between the Steggy and RomaRogers shippers, the hate for Staron is pretty strong.

This may or may not reflect what the GA will feel about Staron. I think there was (is) real heat regarding Steggy, some implied heat and genuine flirtatious/friendlly chemistry with Captasha so Cap's next close female relationship will be measured against those.

I personally stand by my own projections that Staron will come together with some consideration of Steggy, but will flame out due to CW. Something for everyone!

Last edited:
Unlike Dawes, Sharon is a kickass, badass spy who can handle herself.
Pffft, in the MCU she has proven little more than being able to shoot a pistol. I wouldn't take comic book facts for granted this days, Marvel has taken their fair share of artistic license when adapting storylines and characters.

Pffft, in the MCU she has proven little more than being able to shoot a pistol. I wouldn't take comic book facts for granted this days, Marvel has taken their fair share of artistic license when adapting storylines and characters.

She is an actual Shield Agent, so I would put her combat skills well over some Assistant DA. Sure, she didn't too well against Crossbones, but he's supposed to be a major villain for Cap.

For a SHIELD agent, Sharon lost her grip on the gun just a little too easily. That wasn't the fault of the character or actress, but the filmmakers'. Hope Sharon is a more competent - and badass - agent in future films.

I personally stand by my own projections that Staron will come together with some consideration of Steggy, but will flame out due to CW. Something for everyone!

I'm thinking myself, with the backlash against Bruce and Natasha in AOU, that when Marvel/Disney has this movie viewed by a test screen audience or two, if the Sharon/Steve pairing doesn't take off with them, they will take it out of the movie, kind of like the whole thing between the waitress and Steve in the first Avengers flick. In face, I feel the love interest in the Thor movies is what is hurting that franchise. Not too many people care for Jane, and honestly, I think a better story could be told of Thor, the three warriors and Sif, than something focusing just on Jane and her friends.

I'm thinking myself, with the backlash against Bruce and Natasha in AOU, that when Marvel/Disney has this movie viewed by a test screen audience or two, if the Sharon/Steve pairing doesn't take off with them, they will take it out of the movie, kind of like the whole thing between the waitress and Steve in the first Avengers flick. In face, I feel the love interest in the Thor movies is what is hurting that franchise. Not too many people care for Jane, and honestly, I think a better story could be told of Thor, the three warriors and Sif, than something focusing just on Jane and her friends.

100% agreed with the bolded. I hope Marvel reevaluates current and future love interests in light of the Brutasha backlash. Romance isn't necessary for a good superhero flick (just look at TWS!), and if a pairing is detrimental to a franchise, it should be dropped.

What no romance? I don't mind romance in movies as long its good romance like Steggy, :ilv: also I didn't mean for Sharon to be blow up I meant they could build up Staron but then towards act 3 it all crashes down for Staron, really I just don't want to see Steve happy at the end of this movie I want to see him lose to HYDRA I really hope CW is the fall of Steve Rogers and IW is his epic return. :woot:

I didn't say no romance at all, but unless the actors in a particular pairing have killer chemistry and their relationship helps the narrative more than it holds it back, then it can be pushed to the side in favor of better story telling.

Oh ok yes I agree on that if the romance isn't good then get rid of it, also I don't mind Thor/Jane :yay: and if the rumor is true that the director from Thor may direct Thor 3 then expect lot of Jane and Thor/Jane. :woot:

Oh ok yes I agree on that if the romance isn't good then get rid of it, also I don't mind Thor/Jane :yay: and if the rumor is true that the director from Thor may direct Thor 3 then expect lot of Jane and Thor/Jane. :woot:

Not necessarily. Portman may back out. She didn't want to do Thor 2, so it's a good possibility she won't be back or will appear very little. Also, Ragnarok isn't a Jane-heavy storyline. It would be best if she stayed on Earth this time around.

Not necessarily. Portman may back out. She didn't want to do Thor 2, so it's a good possibility she won't be back or will appear very little. Also, Ragnarok isn't a Jane-heavy storyline. It would be best if she stayed on Earth this time around.

Well the person who directed Thor was the one who change Jane from a nurse to a scientist, wanted to give Thor a romance with Jane, if they do return it wouldn't surprise me if they continue with that and Darcy.

Well the person who directed Thor was the one who change Jane from a nurse to a scientist, wanted to give Thor a romance with Jane, if they do return it wouldn't surprise me if they continue with that and Darcy.

I sure hope not! The Thor solo movies are weak compared to the Iron Man and Cap franchises. I think part of the reason is the continued focus on human characters and Earth rather than introducing/showcasing more Asgardian characters and traveling to Realms we haven't seen onscreen yet. The less we see of Darcy and co, the better!

I sure hope not! The Thor solo movies are weak compared to the Iron Man and Cap franchises. I think part of the reason is the continued focus on human characters and Earth rather than introducing/showcasing more Asgardian characters and traveling to Realms we haven't seen onscreen yet. The less we see of Darcy and co, the better!

Well if we get Thor Darcy and not TDW Darcy then I wouldn't mind if Darcy and co is in it, I like the first Thor movie I wonder if we will get a Thor/Jane wedding in Asgard? :woot:

I agree! I'd rather see more of Thor's world than Earth, more of his friends, and far less of Jane, Erik and Darcey (who I actually like the best out of all of the human friends in the Thor world)

But, I wouldn't mind one of the Shield agents going to Asgard to help Thor out, maybe Hawkeye, since he was first shown in the original Thor. Or maybe Scarlet Witch, who I think would have a blast f//////king with Loki's mind!

I agree! I'd rather see more of Thor's world than Earth, more of his friends, and far less of Jane, Erik and Darcey (who I actually like the best out of all of the human friends in the Thor world)

But, I wouldn't mind one of the Shield agents going to Asgard to help Thor out, maybe Hawkeye, since he was first shown in the original Thor. Or maybe Scarlet Witch, who I think would have a blast f//////king with Loki's mind!

I don't like the idea of any of the Shield agents going to Asgard, but the prospect of Scarlet Witch messing with Loki's mind is too awesome to pass up.

I guess Hulktasha screen tested positive which is why they kept it unlike the waitress & Steve scene.

Well I'm hoping Staron tests positive and is handled well. Again, Evans did tease that Cap will have a relationship with a woman, and that woman better be Sharon.

The reason for including Jane is so Thor would have a reason to stay on measly earth to fight with the Avengers. I thought Jane/Thor was decent in the first movie, although they should've done a montage showing Thor and Jane spending time and gradually falling in love over a course of months instead of just a couple of days. But yeah Jane & co. were just terribly written in TDW.

Also I saw that Emily Blunt video Marvel made the right choice.
Marvel's first choice was always Emily, they even offered her the role, but she had to back out due to a contract/schedule conflict, so the stars didn't align. Also, I have a feeling that who ever Cap ends up with in CW is never going to measure up to Peggy in your eyes. Peggy moved on, and so will Cap.

What's funny is that they're blaming/hating Sharon, but not Cap??? It does take two.

Last edited:
I guess Hulktasha screen tested positive which is why they kept it unlike the waitress & Steve scene.

Well I'm hoping Staron tests positive and is handled well. Again, Evans did tease that Cap will have a relationship with a woman, and that woman better be Sharon.

The reason for including Jane is so Thor would have a reason to stay on measly earth to fight with the Avengers. I thought Jane/Thor was decent in the first movie, although they should've done a montage showing Thor and Jane spending time and gradually falling in love over a course of months instead of just a couple of days. But yeah Jane & co. were just terribly written in TDW.

Was there ever any more to Steve and the Waitress than her serving him coffee and pointing out the Stark tower? From the one deleted scene I watched, he seemed clueless to any romantic possibility in that situation and went directly to the gym to work out his post-frozen stress.

Jane and Thor were a bore from the get-go, but I have accepted them. Brutasha, not so much.

I think scenes hit the cutting room floor for a variety of reasons such as pacing, redundant exposition, etc. I think a scene may only be cut as a result of a test screening if the audience reaction to it is completely different than what the filmmaker intended.

Marvel's first choice was always Emily, they even offered her the role, but she had to back out due to a contract/schedule conflict, so the stars didn't align. Also, I have a feeling that who ever Cap ends up with in CW is never going to measure up to Peggy in your eyes. Peggy moved on, and so will Cap.

Unless, of course, it IS Peggy. We are entering the cosmic phase of the MCU after all. Stuff can happen. Lol.

Last edited:
Natalie Portman has been done since Thor 2. She's not going to be in Thor 3.

The waitress/Cap scene mostly served to be a Stan Lee cameo? Plus Cap clearly wasn't interested in the waitress so no romantic possibility for her in that situation.

But I thought Cap was pretty smooth and gentlemanly when he asked Sharon out for coffee. He didn't pressure her and gave her an easy exit.

I do think that it'll be hard to delete all Staron romance related scenes if it does test negatively. I have a feeling that their romance will be interwoven throughout the entire movie which is why they probably would have ensured that it is written well in the first place then acted and directed well. If the Russos think that the romance/chemistry is not working then it is during the filming process where it will be dropped and/or changes made.

Unless, of course, it IS Peggy. We are entering the cosmic phase of the MCU after all. Stuff can happen. Lol.
Peggy already lived her life and her children are grown. Also that set pic of her funeral and coffin strongly suggests she's dead. If she get's a second life with Cap how would she feel seeing her children look older than her and die before her? Telling from TWS, she now loves Cap platonically and her children more. Again she even encourages Cap to get a life and she moved on with hers 70 years ago.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"