Civil War Sharon carter A.K.A. Agent 13 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well with how things played out Sharon's screen time in Cape 2 was appropriate. Context and perspective needs to be observed here.
Well it was observed after Thor and TA with Hawkeye and he definitely could've benefited from better writing and more effective screen time. Even Renner mentioned these concerns. Come CW that same will probably be said for Sharon.

Well, as they say, it is what it is.

If they had SC and Cap encounter each other and maybe clear the air with a brief conversation about her being his watchdog prior to Cap's meeting with Pearce (instead of their rather terse interchange as they crossed paths in front of Pearce's office -- lol) that might have been an opportunity to strengthen her position as a supporting character in his world rather than a mere 3-minute appearance where her on-screen character was lacking in development. Then her investment in the launch room face-off and his motivation to call her later might have been more impactful.
This and I mentioned it in an earlier page. 2 more minutes between Cap and Sharon clearing the air was needed with a simple it's my job/orders and where she tells him her first name herself instead of BW. Pierce instead of waiting outside his office should've been inside waiting.

THis!

There were plenty of moment where they could have used her character more but decided not to. They prefered to use the more bankable actress Scarjo and didn't really care about the source material, as far as Sharon is concerned.

I will never understand how the heck she was a rookie in TWS where she was always depicted as the best Shield agent in the Cap universe. plus why would they put a newbie to protect Shield most notable weapon, Steve?

Anyway, I really really hope that she's infact wearing 'Stan Claw' on the poster

Yayyy, Part 2 of the thread dedicated to whining about a supporting character's screen time ("She should have moar!" "No she should be killed off!") and pitting females characters against each other in the Highlandian "There can be only one" system

how bout some positivity
what standout moments has Sharon had in the comics you'd like to see adapted for live action??

Last edited:
So you whine about the alleged whining lol. Asking that Sharon receives at least 2 mins more of screen time is not pitting female characters against each other, you said that.

THis!
There were plenty of moment where they could have used her character more but decided not to. They prefered to use the more bankable actress Scarjo and didn't really care about the source material, as far as Sharon is concerned.

I will never understand how the heck she was a rookie in TWS where she was always depicted as the best Shield agent in the Cap universe. plus why would they put a newbie to protect Shield most notable weapon, Steve?

Anyway, I really really hope that she's infact wearing 'Stan Claw' on the poster.
They used the popular actress more and sacrificed Cap's mythos/source material to the story's own detriment, who knows.

Apparently she's not a rookie agent, she's an up and coming agent. Satan's claw would be cool instead of those ***** sticks they gave her.

Yeah the 2 extra mins can be the following:

Sharon leaves Pierce's office, closes the door behind her, then turns to walk pass an approaching Cap in the hallway acknowledging him with "Captain Rogers" then Cap replying with a stern "neighbor" like in the movie. Then she stops and looks back at him and says, "I'm sorry about Dir. Fury (coz he's dead), he was a good man (and mentor). Captain Rogers I was following orders. No hard feelings?". Cap looking at her, "I'm sorry too. Orders, I understand Kate.....umm Agent 13.." "Sharon, my real name's Sharon." Then Pierce opens his door and interrupts them, "Ahhh Captain." Sharon gives Steve a nod then quickly exits the scene while Cap gives her a quick nervous smile then turns his attention to Pierce. See that's probably just an extra 1 minute. It clears the air between them and most importantly she tells him her name herself.

yeah, but it didn't happen
keep hand-wringin' all ya like, all we can do is hope her role is decent this time around

and by saying they sacrificed her role to BW because she's more bankable is kinda pitting them against each other. Maybe her role got cut for more time with Sam, or an extra scene between Fury and Pierce. Maybe that extra minute your talking about would've harmed the flow of the film. We don't know. But I doubt the Russos said "ya know what, we can only have one female with a decent role in any Marvel film, so let's make it BW" She was always meant to be a tease for the future, so hopefully that tease is fulfilled this time around.

If not, and she only has three lines again, then yeah, I'll concede, Marvel doesn't know how to handle the character

So I beg of thee, lets move on, any good comic scenes everybody wants to see adapted?

THis!

Anyway, I really really hope that she's infact wearing 'Stan Claw' on the poster

Ehmmm..she is obviously wielding a pistol with both hands. No Satan's Claw, sorry.

and by saying they sacrificed her role to BW because she's more bankable is kinda pitting them against each other. Maybe her role got cut for more time with Sam, or an extra scene between Fury and Pierce. Maybe that extra minute your talking about would've harmed the flow of the film. We don't know. But I doubt the Russos said "ya know what, we can only have one female with a decent role in any Marvel film, so let's make it BW" She was always meant to be a tease for the future, so hopefully that tease is fulfilled this time around.

Most likely they said "Let's just put get as much of Natasha in there". I'm guessing they didn't say "Gosh, the place for SHIELD Agent Sharon Carter isn't in this movie about SHIELD, but perhaps in some future movie about the Avengers with twenty-som characters in it."

Not to protract this more than it has to, because believe it or not, I don't actually enjoy it... But the reason people (me and Voltron at any rate) go after Widow as opposed to Sam is because she has the most screentime, enough to be described by plenty as the co-lead, and that Sam's role bears no resemblance to any facet of Sharon's character. Plus, he's got a ton of history with Cap, like Sharon, not like Natasha.

But to your point, I'd like to see some version of this...

tumblr_o1mf8h6pxT1rrwrmho2_1280.jpg

The Satan Claw scene would be cool, had the Satan been introduced. It'd be kinda random now.

I do hope the eskrima sticks are scene specific, since they've kind of been done. Hope uses something else later, doesn't even have to be something exotic.

Last edited:
Apparently she's not a rookie agent, she's an up and coming agent. Satan's claw would be cool instead of those ***** sticks they gave her.

I'm actually excited for the ***** stick. I abosuly loved Bobbi scene in AoS and I hope Sharon got to do the same.
tumblr_o1iwdnItts1tctq75o7_250.gif

As for What I would like to see :

Sharon leading a team like she did in the comics.
I want to see her kicking ass. Lot of fighting please.
Some Nick/Sharon scenes.
I hope really really hope, we get to see Sharon explaining her relationship with Peggy. I don't really care that Natasha gave her name to Steve, it jsut shows that Sharon and her know each other and I love this. But as for 'Carter' , I want to hear it from Sharon. How Peggy was the biggest influence in her life.
And also, something I wanted from The Winter Soldier, Sharon reaction about what's happening to Shield (being taken by Hydra). I mean It's a family buisiness for her it's not just work so I want to see it how it affected her.

See that's probably just an extra 1 minute. It clears the air between them and most importantly she tells him her name herself.

Dramatically that scene would have hurt the film since not only doesn't it build into anything else between them during the film clearing the air would drain the building tension of Steve realizing he's in the midst of a conspiracy. That she is one more person to lie to him and who isn't what she seems and he then meets Pierce and there's another person he can't trust and then he gets on the elevator with Brock and the others and so on... and hence the building betrayal by all isn't only about ideological or political goals but "It feels personal".

yeah, but it didn't happen
keep hand-wringin' all ya like, all we can do is hope her role is decent this time around

If not, and she only has three lines again, then yeah, I'll concede, Marvel doesn't know how to handle the character

So I beg of thee, lets move on, any good comic scenes everybody wants to see adapted?

In case you missed this post, http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=32763997&postcount=881
So the Russos pushed for BW to have a bigger part in TWS, by doing that at which characters expense? Sharon's? Hill's? Falcon's? Bucky's? M/M have mentioned using Sharon since before TFA was released, then they mentioned her being active in CW and BW taking a backseat. So thanks a lot Russos for shortchanging Sharon .
And yeah what BullMcGiveny said too. Yeah what's done is done and we can only hope that Sharon gets more screentime/arc/development/good writing/good portrayal in CW.

I'm actually excited for the ***** stick. I abosuly loved Bobbi scene in AoS and I hope Sharon got to do the same.
tumblr_o1iwdnItts1tctq75o7_250.gif

As for What I would like to see :

Sharon leading a team like she did in the comics.
I want to see her kicking ass. Lot of fighting please.
Some Nick/Sharon scenes.
I hope really really hope, we get to see Sharon explaining her relationship with Peggy. I don't really care that Natasha gave her name to Steve, it jsut shows that Sharon and her know each other and I love this. But as for 'Carter' , I want to hear it from Sharon. How Peggy was the biggest influence in her life.
And also, something I wanted from The Winter Soldier, Sharon reaction about what's happening to Shield (being taken by Hydra). I mean It's a family buisiness for her it's not just work so I want to see it how it affected her.
But that's Bobbie's signature weapon. Yeah I'll wait and see how well Sharon uses the ***** stixs in CW. Yeah at the very least get Sharon to say her SURNAME Carter. Please Russos at least give her that!

Dramatically that scene would have hurt the film since not only doesn't it build into anything else between them during the film clearing the air would drain the building tension of Steve realizing he's in the midst of a conspiracy. That she is one more person to lie to him and who isn't what she seems and he then meets Pierce and there's another person he can't trust and then he gets on the elevator with Brock and the others and so on... and hence the building betrayal by all isn't only about ideological or political goals but "It feels personal".
Maybe. Or another good minute would be Sharon in Pierce's office. Cap knocks and Pierce prompts him to come in and finds Sharon there finishing up with Pierce. Pierce then says,
"Cap, you've met Agent 13".
"Yes, my neighbor Kate". Said sternly.
"Captain Rogers, it's actually Sharon, I'm sorry about Dir. Fury", then gives Cap a sympathetic small smile, Cap finds himself smiling back, Sharon then turns to Pierce, "Thank you Sir". Then exits his office.

In Cap's headspace at that moment, I don't think there was any way he was smiling at her, even if she gave her condolences, he was in no mood
The launch room scene was meant to endear her to the audience, but admittedly there was no scene of her and Cap reconciling after her lying to him
Honestly, if they had done a scene like that, she should've been at the cemetery with them and had a quick moment with Cap there
(instead of BW saying to call Sharon, Sharon could've said "I'm sorry about everything" Steve says "Don't worry Kate, you did the right thing in the end", and she smiles and says "The name's Sharon, by the way", Steve smiles)
putting it before the Pierce scene would hamper the flow/building momentum like TR said

Last edited:
But that's Bobbie's signature weapon. Yeah I'll wait and see how well Sharon uses the ***** stixs in CW. Yeah at the very least get Sharon to say her SURNAME Carter. Please Russos at least give her that!

Well Natasha used them too. I see it more as a weapon from Shield so it would kinda connect them :) .

In the comics, Sharon used 90% of a time a gun so at least in the movie, they are giving her more weapons :).

There's a new poster
tumblr_o1o9j4DOux1r5fenlo1_540.png

tumblr_o1o9j4DOux1r5fenlo3_540.png

Just noticed widow got some fancy new boots in that piece of art
looks like she stole em off a Chitauri or a Dark Elf or somethin

Well Natasha used them too. I see it more as a weapon from Shield so it would kinda connect them :) .

In the comics, Sharon used 90% of a time a gun so at least in the movie, they are giving her more weapons :).

There's a new poster
tumblr_o1o9j4DOux1r5fenlo1_540.png

tumblr_o1o9j4DOux1r5fenlo3_540.png
Yes, but Sharon works for the CIA now. Who knows maybe she's working undercover for SHIELD. As long as she has her gun/s.

She's barely in the poster :nuhu: like she's barely in the first trailer. Notice how she's between the V. hint hint :woot:.

She's barely in the poster :nuhu: like she's barely in the first trailer. Notice how she's between the V. hint hint :woot:.

Who cares? I mean, where else would you put her? She's not even an Avenger. She's Captain America's potential love interest. She has no business in being in an action shot, showing the heroes going up against each other.

The real tragedy is that Wanda and Spider-Man aren't in the shot for "reasons."

This isn't a poster. It's from early concept art that we saw on the prototype mug merchandise.

Who cares? I mean, where else would you put her? She's not even an Avenger. She's Captain America's potential love interest. She has no business in being in an action shot, showing the heroes going up against each other.

She's not an avenger but it's a captain america movie so she should be more important that.
"She's just the love interest, she has not buisiness being an action shot" the heck ??? Is this the 50's or something ?
She will have a thing with cap maybe but she's still be a double agent and her purpose in the movie goes behond the 'love interest' angle.

In TWS, she was a semi love interest already but was still badass even though she only got 3 mins of screetime.

As for why she is like hidden in the poster, maybe because they tried to keep her storyline secret ?
She was not in the trailer and is not in some of the posters so maybe Marvel is trying to hide the fact that she is double agent and is in fact in cap's team. So they can suprise the general audience when she'll save Cap's ass (hopefully).

It's like her last name. Yes it was shown in one of the poster 'Agent Carter' (just like the concept art poster where she's next to Steve) but it was never said in the Winter Soldier.

Since when did you turn into a Sharon hater? Like what Poppy said this is still a CAP movie, NOT an Avengers movie. Sharon's a CAP main supporting character, she's a hero like Sam and has every right to be in the action shot blah blah blah. Obviously I care.

I know that the chance of Sharon "killing" Cap in the MCU is low to none. However, Mark Millar, who wrote the original comic book arc, says the film maintains the same key characters.

They’ve added characters they have the rights to as some of their characters are scattered around different studios, but the main players and their chief lieutenants in this thing are all the same.

http://collider.com/captain-america-civil-war-comic-mark-millar-kingsman/

Yeah unfortunately, I can't see him talkig about Sharon there but more like Tony,Steve,Widow,Peter who have more 'important' and relevant arcs in the MCU at least. Plus I can't see a good adaptation of Sharon killing Steve cause the brainwashing was too cheesy in the comic book. There's no way to adapt that :/ I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"