Sharon carter A.K.A. Agent 13 - Part 3

Discussion in 'Captain America: Civil War' started by Thread Manager, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]509157[/split]

2. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]500849[/split]

3. noakai

noakai Well-Known Member

He might have liked the idea or if it but lost interest in it as the movies went along, or maybe he didn't like the actual execution of it. If anything influenced him I think it's more likely to be that he got closer to Hayley (they hung out a lot while she filmed AC) and he filmed with her as Peggy again. Plus he's been friends with ScarJo since they were young, and he's talked about Steve/Nat before I think. He seemed pleased that Steve was kissing someone at least, and I don't get the feeling that he actively despises it or anything but there's definitely disinterest in the pairing and EVC from him imo.

EVC has done TV before and that's really the only place Sharon is going to get a lot of development going forward so I think it could work too, but putting her on there might detract from whatever they've going on, and maybe EVC doesn't want to sign on for that show anyway. But that would really be the ideal place for her to get some good development, and TV shows can give characters many hours of development vs a couple of hours and that's it until the sequel.

4. tomatoes

tomatoes Active Member

[BLACKOUT] at the end of the movie ,it looks like caps getting the other avengers out of the prison , i hope they make sharon help him with that [/BLACKOUT]

Time is nearing for marvel to have a shift for more important characters imo, so IW may be the exit for IM, Cap or other major players we have seen for now so IW may be the last shot of Sharons development, hope not

The russos really care about bw, i think she was the most fleshed out during CW ,among wanda and sharon.

Im a do it well or dont even bother person so i kind of hoped they just slashed sharon in the mcu because she was really treated bad for a cap movie twice. The dynamic bet bw and cap was really good and it would be logical to pair them (even before aou happened) as long as they didnt introduce agent 13 ,but introducing her means shes end game so they should have focused on her more ..... Idk marvel just sucked with her hahaha i just hope its not yet too late :o

5. tomatoes

tomatoes Active Member

I wont blame ems if she wont sign for more assuming her contract is at its end, marvel hasnt been exactly good with her role and they seem confused on what to really do with sharon carter so exit alongside cevans cap's exit is possible

But i hope when they pass the torch to sam (hoping they do anyway) ,sharon is still there,, thats so much better imo :D

6. Ms. Marvel

Ms. Marvel Screwed up Avenger

I liked her in the film. She was cool.

7. ScarlettW

ScarlettW Well-Known Member

To Voltron:

Chris Evans e Chris Pratt are friends for years, it didn't start now. .
    Why would he care about things that happened in the past between Pratt and EVC? Pratt is a married man, I don't think he will talk about his ex with Chris, unless she has a terrible personality. Still, this has nothing with his opinion about Sharon and Steve.
    I don't understand these theories, trying to find something about it. He just doesn't seem happy with the relationship.
    I can understand why he is not happy. Their relationship was poorly written. They had the opportunity to build something without being related to him being interested in her after he knows she's Peggy's niece. They failed with it.

8. noakai

noakai Well-Known Member

^^Yeah, I think the simplest explanation is just that he's not very happy with the execution. At this point I honestly wish they'd just made her not related to Peggy. They could have kept the funeral scene (and have her NOT there, just to avoid any association with Peggy at all), and then had her do the rest of the things she does in the film because she was there during him taking down SHIELD (and we saw how badass she was) and she wants to help him find his friend because she really believes in him. And he could have been impressed that she's got the balls to go against very powerful people just to help him. There would have been clear follow through from TWS without anything that can be called icky. Problem solved, and she doesn't really lose anything imo.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  9. MarvelMayhem

MarvelMayhem Well-Known Member

Have not seen CW but in WS I felt there was very little chemistry on screen between Cap EVC, imo. Personally the MCU takes things from comics and creates new storylines and relationships, they are not sold on cannon. I kind of feel like the Russo bothers really were thinking on a possible BW and Cap relationship the way it was written in WS. Scarlett and Evans have great on screen chemistry. I would loved to have seen a BW Cap relationship with the introduction of Bucky down the line with his history already entangled with BW's history like the comics. Talk about a juicy love triangle. I don't think any of that will pan out, pretty sure Sharon is Cap's end game in the MCU but not sure how authentic it will feel with the lack of character development.

10. ScarlettW

^^ IMO They have no chemistry. They try, but I didn't feel it.

Interestingly, when you compare his relationship with Sharon and Wanda and Vision. The Russos did a great job with Wanda and Vision in CW. It didn't feel rushed, the scenes of them were beautiful. Lizzie has chemistry with Paul Bettany. I'm not a fan of Wanda and Vision together, but it was good in the film. People in my theater were all awwww
    This is proof that they know how to build a good relationship.

11. MarvelMayhem

Look forward to seeing it like you I am not huge Wanda/VIsion fan either but if handled well that good. the only real ship i guess I like is Nat and Bucky, their back story is too deliciously tragic. But not sure, if the sharon steve kiss comes off mixed then the studio might put the kibosh on it. maybe? i guess it will be how fans react.

12. tomatoes

tomatoes Active Member

I think they had the right chemistry during WS moreso if she was the one who helped steve not widow,. They both did not know each other but as they worked they got close then trusted each other,, it fits the actors so it wouldve been natural given that scenario where they do not know who to trust and what not (solidifying the chemistry would follow) ,, they failed with that,,they had the right amount of chemistry needed to build upon during WS but they went with the one that would sell more at the expense of neglecting SC

And yes wanda and vision are a proof that they can build a good relationship but staron is also a proof that they cannot build the best when it comes to them because they missed the train :whatever:

I thought they were ok, but it still feels like its bordering on attraction

13. Raiden

Raiden Wakanda Forever

I think it's not working as well between Steve/Sharon because the Russo Bros. failed to establish Sharon up sufficiently in TWS before they tried to create a relationship, and that hurt the chemistry between them. They also should have Sharon at least appear briefly in AOU, instead of having her only appear in Cap movies. Given all the promos Sharon is in, I think they had a plan but failed to execute it correctly.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You don't put her in so many promos and then do so little on the big screen.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  14. MarvelMayhem

I am not sure i understand the argument and i have seen it repeatedly, not just from you that Sharons' part was given to BW in WS. Essentially its the MCU no part belongs to anyone, they don't follow canon. Russo's liked BW and Cap together in that situation and i think from what the Russo's have said they like their relationship as a sibling situation rather than romantic. I honestly don't think I wold have liked to have seen EVC with that much screen time. Scarlett is a decent enough actress that I thought her role came across sympathetic yet a bit disturbing with her with background. EVC I don't think has the acting chops to handle that much screen time. Maybe I will be impressed with her in CW but in WS she came off as "stiff" and not very likable.

15. Ctfxcwatcher

Ctfxcwatcher Well-Known Member

I to think Chris and Emily don't have strong chemistry. The type of chemistry you want to sell to the audience so they can buy your relationship. Also factoring in that the time to develop this relationship was poor. One of the many positive things people praised about TWS was the Widow and Cap dynamic. Chris and Scarlett have great chemistry. They had proper development. That's why sooo many jumped on the "Romanogers" train. Everytime they were in press conferences reporters would ask about Romanogers.

I love the MCU but I feel like their romances so far are hit and misses.

16. tomatoes

tomatoes Active Member

Because there was a time i think when writers said sharon carters role was meaty or something? And that bw was supposed to only have a cameo and russo bros pushed for a greater role?

I wont deny cevans and scarjo's chemistry, they looked really good together thats why at some point i had hoped that they just did not introduce sharon carter at all because its gonna be hard to top that (and with peggy too)

And i think thats what 3 minutes of screen time would do to you, not really much to make you love a character

I think alongside villains marvel also sucks with the romance :o

17. MarvelMayhem

I agree, MCU has ngreat with continuations in various storylines but relationship wise it seems conflictual between directors. Like everyone had their favorites and nothing was maintained throughout the realm. lol

18. ScarlettW

It would have been another actress with a bigger name like Emily Blunt. Emily Blunt would have been a great Sharon Carter.

[​IMG]

I love EB. I want her at the MCU.

19. Raiden

Raiden Wakanda Forever

I like Emily Blunt too, but she turned down BW and I'm not sure if she would've wanted to be in the MCU.

20. ScarlettW

I don't know why she did it, but I think she regretted. Black Widow would have been so good for her career, better than some roles she did.
    Just see what BW did for Scarlett.

21. universeman

universeman Well-Known Member

And tear it down in the next movie I mean The Mad Titan is coming after all.

22. Raiden

Raiden Wakanda Forever

Maybe she won't have done the Huntsman sequel if she had accepted the BW role.

23. MarvelMayhem

SJ was pretty big even before black widow but no doubt it has helped her career. Emily blunt would have been nice to see as well. Backstory everyone knows Sharon is typically Caps endgame so it would have been nice to invest well into whoever they chose. However movie universe is harder to get rid of people's hang ups over Peggy and Sharon's family connection. Think in ways they should have completely canned the Sharon idea and went with someone else entirely.

24. Mike5575

Mike5575 I'm the Captain now!

Hey, look! It's Captain Marvel, Thor, and Captain America! :yay:

25. TalismanRing

TalismanRing Cyclone Cookie Tosser

She didn't choose to turn it down, she was forced. Fox had a movie option on her and exercised it by forcing her to be in that execrableJack Black Gulliver's Travels.

Just like Universal had an option on Jessica Chastain and she had to do the terrible Huntsman and Hemsworth was tied into to doing the sequel whether he wanted to or not. (Or be sued.)

Blunt did turn don the role of Peggy Carter though because I gather she didn't want to play the "love interest" after losing BW.