Infinity War Sharon Carter - Agent 13 - Emily VanCamp

Makes me sad to think that her character Sharon Carter may have gotten unceremoniously dumped after CW and will probably never heard from ever again.

Given the circumstances with Cap being on the run, it wouldn't make sense for him to maintain a relationship with Sharon anyway. It also would have helped if she had more of a presence in the MCU, but her character was shafted in favor of others like Black Widow in Winter Soldier (it's speculated that Sharon's role was much bigger until the Russos decided to have Natasha in that role) and Scarlet Witch in Civil War (judging from early promotional material of her with the rest of Team Cap).

she's like 32/33 but looks a decade younger. Kinda cute, but her voice also makes her sound a little vapid.

I also believe that if Sharon were to have a bigger role, they would have cast a more seasoned actress in the part.

I also believe that if Sharon were to have a bigger role, they would have cast a more seasoned actress in the part.

Could that have been the original reason Sharon got downsized to begin with? Because she was cast by a tv actress. And as such, felt it was okay to downgrade her and upgrade BW even more.

Could that have been the original reason Sharon got downsized to begin with? Because she was cast by a tv actress. And as such, felt it was okay to downgrade her and upgrade BW even more.

I think they downsized the role before casting VanCamp, otherwise they might have gone with someone more established from the start.

I think they downsized the role before casting VanCamp, otherwise they might have gone with someone more established from the start.

This is what I speculated in a previous post. It was all the Russos doing because they wanted BW/SJ to have a bigger part in TWS. Unfortunately they thought Sharon's role was interchangeable with BW's. I wanted to see Sharon @#$%it. Now instead of Sam, Steve, and Sharon on the run it's...

This hits close to the mark, but I recall that Sharon was cast by the Russos at the last minute with EVC an actress with limited acting range while TWS filming already began. This indicated to me that the Russos had always intended to replace Sharon's role with BW when they were first hired :cmad:.

- KF is the Marvel boss, if he doesn't like something, he says no. Everything has to agree with him. He wouldn't say no to a character coming from the Avengers, the biggest blockbuster. I'm sure there should already be plans to put her in other films than the Avengers, Cap was most likely. Clint was almost in that movie too.

- Scripts of all the films change before the filming, initial drafts are never the same as the final product. In addition, directors need to add their vision to the film. Unless we have access to the original script, we will never know for sure if Sharon initially had a bigger role.
But it was the Russos who brought it up in the first place and probably persuaded to replace Sharon with BW and obviously KF agreed afterwards. Remember the writers right after Cap1 were interviewed saying Sharon was to get a meaty role like in the comics in TWS. I didn't see a meaty role in TWS.

- I was not part of Marvel's fandon during the Avengers, but I was on the internet, Natasha became popular. All Avengers became popular that year, many people liked her, so much that media started talking about a solo movie for her. All my friends, people on facebook and twitter talked about her. If people didn't like her, there wouldn't have been the Ultron drama.
My mistake, she wasn't popular with IM2. Avengers she was lukewarm, it helped that she was the only female avenger. I don't recall Clint/Renner becoming popular after TA, I recall people being also lukewarm and not happy with the way his character was written. Even Renner complaint that he wasn't happy with his character in TA.

- It may be similar, but the actors worked together writing their own dialogues, this was confirmed by both and the directors. Many of the scenes of the two of them are similar to action comedy movies, but this time with a man and a woman. You know what, EVC wouldn't have been able to get that out, it's need someone with timing for humor as well as chemistry between both actors.
Dialogue in the car scene the actors worked together, but the other dialogue strongly resembles Sharon's dialogue in the comics eg. when BW teased that Cap was a fossil, that was Sharon in the comics teasing Cap about his age. And as I stated in another post, EVC was cast after the Russos downgraded Sharon's role to a glorified cameo.

[YT]U3wVDJTOzqA[/YT]

EVC has an interview last night, but obviously it's not for IW because she's not in it. Makes me sad to think that her character Sharon Carter may have gotten unceremoniously dumped after CW and will probably never heard from ever again.

She looks great there. At least have Cap mention what happened to her like how Thor mentioned what happened to Jane in Ragnarok.

Her voice sounds deeper in Revenge and not so high like here.

Hayley Atwell was a nobody when she was chosen for TFA's leading female role.
They were wrong about Emily's choice, they should have took a more charismatic actress, who didn't speak whispering.

Last edited:
Hope we get to see Sharon and Steve kiss again

There have been plenty of actors that got hired for large roles in the MCU that didn't have much prior experience in large films. And I don't particularly have any strong feelings about Sharon Carter, or EVC as an actress. And I love Black Widow, because living weapon that gains autonomy is one of my favorite tropes. But I am a little annoyed if they did reduce one of the few female characters in the MCU just so a different female character could get more. Why not reduce the role of one of the very many many male characters to give both more screen time?

EVC doesn't whisper talk or talks fast in interviews when she's being herself, so I have no idea why she whisper talks or spits out her lines so fast when she acts most of the time. She should act like she did in the eulogy scene and her scene with Cap outside the elevators where she spoke clearly.

Yes I agree, MCU shouldn't be interchanging one female character's role with another.

She wasn't in IW, but Maria Hill was? Come. on.

Such a meaty comics character wasted. Oh wait, but they interchanged her comics character with BW. :whatever:

She wasn't in IW, but Maria Hill was? Come. on.

Such a meaty comics character wasted. Oh wait, but they interchanged her comics character with BW. :whatever:

Maria wasn't even there for 30 seconds, but I thought Sharon fans supported 'we need more female characters', but it's just a cover.

Maria wasn't even there for 30 seconds, but I thought Sharon fans supported 'we need more female characters', but it's just a cover.

Maria leaves a fine impression despite such a small role in these films.

Crazy to think Emilia Clarke aka Mother of Dragons auditioned for this role. I can't see her in it at all.

I think they made the right choice with casting Sharon ultimately. The problem is they just don't seem to care enough about her character which is kinda sad.

I was talking to some friends about Cap yesterday and they forgot he even has a relationship with Sharon. Atleast mention her in IW like you did Jane or atleast a cameo like Pepper?

I can understand why Sharon fans are mad.

EVC is a very good actress and her character portrayals were decent. but lets be honest here, sharon carter, when it comes to these films is not gonna be of much use. she is a charachter that serves a purpose. she did that in ws and cw.

Crazy to think Emilia Clarke aka Mother of Dragons auditioned for this role. I can't see her in it at all.

I think they made the right choice with casting Sharon ultimately. The problem is they just don't seem to care enough about her character which is kinda sad.

I was talking to some friends about Cap yesterday and they forgot he even has a relationship with Sharon. Atleast mention her in IW like you did Jane or atleast a cameo like Pepper?

I can understand why Sharon fans are mad.

They had her on the list to play Sharon:

0nc2jv6.jpg

Come. On. Don't choose to misconstrue my previous comment to mean that. I'm saying if Maria Hill made an appearance why couldn't Sharon also?

EVC is a very good actress and her character portrayals were decent. but lets be honest here, sharon carter, when it comes to these films is not gonna be of much use. she is a charachter that serves a purpose. she did that in ws and cw.
I guess the Russos preferred Cap characters Sam and Bucky to star in a none Cap movie.

they could have included her in the scene with Maria Hill and Fury. If only to do it for her fans. Have her utter 2 lines and fade away.

But Im sure the fans would have rioted.

I'd rather have 2 or 5mins of her in the Cap films than not had her at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"