Shawn Ryan and Eddie Murphy bringing "Beverly Hills Cop" to TV

http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/dav...-cop-pilot-donal-logue-joins-copper-season-2/
The Office‘s David Denman is set to co-star in CBS’ Beverly Hills Cop pilot, from Shawn Ryan, Eddie Murphy and Sony Pictures TV. The hourlong project, a continuation of the movie franchise, centers around Axel Foley’s police officer son Aaron (Brandon T. Jackson), who takes down the criminal elements of the rich and famous in Beverly Hills. Denman will play Brad, a stand-up, extremely likable and socially awkward Beverly Hills detective, formerly a baseball player and a musician. Denman, repped by UTA and the Hofflund Co., will next be seen in the Steve Jobs biopic jOBS and M. Night Shyamalan’s After Earth.
I'm pleased by this as well. Even though Roy was standing in the way of Jim and Pam, and was occasionally a bit of a dick, I always found Denman to be pretty likable.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/barry-sonnenfeld-to-direct-cbs-beverly-hills-cop-pilot/
Barry Sonnenfeld To Direct CBS’ ‘Beverly Hills Cop’ Pilot
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

EXCLUSIVE: Men In Black helmer Barry Sonnenfeld has come on board to direct and executive produce CBS’ Beverly Hills Cop pilot from Shawn Ryan, Eddie Murphy and Sony Pictures TV. The hourlong project, a continuation of the movie franchise, centers on Axel Foley’s police officer son Aaron (Brandon T. Jackson), who takes down the criminal elements of the rich and famous in Beverly Hills. Kevin Pollak and David Denman co-star, with Murphy set to guest star in the pilot. Sonnenfeld is with WME.
Huh... odd choice for this, but I can definitely get on board with it. I loved his Pushing Daisies pilot, but I don't see the two having anything in common...

http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/arg...y-female-lead-in-cbs-beverly-hills-cop-pilot/
‘Argo’s Sheila Vand To Play Female Lead In CBS’ ‘Beverly Hills Cop’ Pilot
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

After making her studio feature debut in the Oscar-nominated Argo, Iranian American actress Sheila Vand has landed her first series regular role — the female lead opposite Brandon T. Jackson in the CBS drama pilot Beverly Hills Cop. The project, written by Shawn Ryan and directed by Barry Sonnenfeld, is a continuation of the movie franchise and centers on Axel Foley’s police officer son Aaron (Brandon T. Jackson), who takes down the criminal elements of the rich and famous in Beverly Hills. Vand will play Leila, a Beverly Hills detective who gave up a life of privilege for one of independence. The role was written as Persian, which is appropriate since Iranian Americans now represent more than 20% of the population of Beverly Hills where a recent Mayor was Iranian-born. Kevin Pollak and David Denman co-star in the Sony TV pilot, with Eddie Murphy set to reprise his role as Axel in a guest starring stint. Murphy, Ryan and Marney Hochman executive produce.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/chr...p-pilot-clark-johnson-in-amazons-alpha-house/
Christine Lahti will co-star opposite Brandon T. Jackson in the CBS drama pilot Beverly Hills Cop. The project, written by Shawn Ryan and directed by Barry Sonnenfeld, is a continuation of the movie franchise and centers on Axel Foley’s police officer son Aaron (Jackson), who takes down the criminal elements of the rich and famous in Beverly Hills. Lahti will play Helen, the Captain of the Beverly Hills Police Department. Kevin Pollak, David Denman and Argo‘s Sheila Vand co-star. Lahti has kept a presence on CBS since her Emmy-winning starring turn on Chicago Hope. She has been recurring on Hawaii Five-0 and toplined the network’s 2011 pilot The Doctor.

Lahti is a coug. I support this casting. Hope the show can make it happen.

He has a bit too much penis for a role named "Helen". :o

But I do hope he returns, yes...

Maybe Billy can be someone higher then Captain ? Or the Mayor or something

Reinhold's too big of a star and much too busy to take a part on a lowly tv show.

http://tvline.com/2013/03/07/beverly-hills-cop-cbs-pilot-cast-judge-reinhold/
Are Axel Foley and Billy Rosewood headed back into the field together?

Judge Reinhold has been tapped to reunite with his former on-screen partner Eddie Murphy in CBS’ Beverly Hills Cop pilot, The Wrap reports.

From Shawn Ryan (The Shield), the prospective series is touted as a continuation of the film franchise centering on Foley’s police officer son Aaron (played by Brandon T. Jackson), who takes down Beverly Hills’ rich and famous criminals while trying to escape the shadow of his infamous dad (played by Murphy, who, in addition to guest-starring in the pilot, will recur if CBS gives it a green light).

Christine Lahti (Chicago Hope) also co-stars in the project.
Welcome back, Rosemont. :up:

It would not be the same without Billy

They've gotta bring back Bronson Pinchot for a cameo as well.

Reinhold's too big of a star and much too busy to take a part on a lowly tv show.

wtf?... I haven't seen that guy in YEARS... I was starting to think he was dead and I missed his obit...

other than appearing in the pilot, what HAS he done in the last decade or two?... nothing that I know of...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"