Shazam Shazam! Box Office Thread | Early Predictions

frankgutz

ᴅᴄ & ᴅᴀʀᴋ ʜᴏʀꜱᴇ
Reaction score
So.. i first made this post because im worry about Shazam!'s WW Box Office since it's release will be sandwiched by 2 upcoming Marvel Films

• Captain Marvel (2019) release date: Mar 08, 2019
  • SHAZAM! (2019) release date: Apr 05, 2019
  • The Avengers 4 / Avengers: Endgame (2019) release date: Apr 26, 2019
First female solo lead for a Marvel movie before Shazam! and Endgame a few weeks later, are you worried it may take on critics/box office from Shazam!?

So, what do yall think it'll gross knowing it has super tight competition.

Last edited:
I'm going to need another trailer but if they nail the Shazamily I can see it being huge

edit: I probably should re-word that

not worried at all, not expecting higher than it needs to greenlight a sequel

I’m sure this film will do well but the audience in my theater did not respond well to the trailer. It didn’t help that the trailer was a poorly edited version of the Comicon one.

500-700 million is the safe bet, but it’s so far out and we have really only seen one trailer. It’s hard to gauge what the interest will be in a few months, particularly internationally. A few months ago, who would have thought that Aquaman or Venom would have done the insane business that they did in China?

The movie has a very fun tone, I think it can earn up to 700M WW.

I loved this tweet from the respected Exhibitor Relations Co.

:word: I'm pretty sure this is gonna be a blast.

Shazam I find hardest to predict out of all the recent CBMs.

What's the budget for this one?

I think they need to market it as a family friendly Deadpool, so lots of cheap but fun marketing, and show the Shazam family and the rock, the family thing is another unique selling point.

I'd get Arthur and Diana to cameo and put it in the promotion to boost international awareness, it also replaces the cameo they wanted with Cavill.

Kick ass was great but didn't sell too hot ESP with the R rating at the time. Don't know Howell Shazam will do international

I am guessing wildly something like 50M OW 150M DOM, 50M China and 150M Int, 350M total.

If the budget is 80M then that's a win

Unless apparently Shazam needs 1 billion to save the DCEU

I loved this tweet from the respected Exhibitor Relations Co.

:word: I'm pretty sure this is gonna be a blast.

I hope so, i really want this film to do great tbh

Shazam I find hardest to predict out of all the recent CBMs.

Same, it also have STRONG competition, hopefully Shazam! and Endgame can coexist together when the MCU film gets into competition, imma pray

What's the budget for this one?

I think they need to market it as a family friendly Deadpool, so lots of cheap but fun marketing, and show the Shazam family and the rock, the family thing is another unique selling point.

I'd get Arthur and Diana to cameo and put it in the promotion to boost international awareness, it also replaces the cameo they wanted with Cavill.

I am guessing wildly something like 50M OW 150M DOM, 50M China and 150M Int, 350M total.

From the trailer u can see the tone of the movie and it already feels super family

I dont think the movie will get a cameo since it was Cavill whom was to do it and since he couldnt, i bet they just ignored that, they would have used the cameo of WW or AM in the trailer to boost the hype

OMG 350M is soooooooooooo low :(

Same, it also have STRONG competition, hopefully Shazam! and Endgame can coexist together when the MCU film gets into competition, imma pray
How close does Shazam open to Endgame?

How close does Shazam open to Endgame?

I believe 3 weeks

April 05 for Shazam!
April 26 for Endgame

both 1 month later than Captain Marvel which has a date of March 08

This is the hard one. I have no idea how popular Shazam will be overseas. The trailer has been highlighting the comedic elements of the film, but American humor doesn't always translate well, so maybe GOTG numbers? Its also a teen superhero movie, so Spider-Man, but just not as popular. And the timing isn't the best. My first guess....

OW: $80M
DOM: $250M
WW: $680M

I think we'll know more after a second trailer.

I hope so, i really want this film to do great tbh

From the trailer u can see the tone of the movie and it already feels super family

I dont think the movie will get a cameo since it was Cavill whom was to do it and since he couldnt, i bet they just ignored that, they would have used the cameo of WW or AM in the trailer to boost the hype

OMG 350M is soooooooooooo low :(

The trailer came out before the Cavill negotiation broke down, and also before Jason started whipping nanny and BB’s ass too, lol.

The trailer came out before the Cavill negotiation broke down, and also before Jason started whipping nanny and BB’s ass too, lol.

there was no Cavill in the trailer, i dont think itll change that much, kidz better drag them parents to Shazam! at least 20 times :argh:

I don't know about box office, but I think it'll be the first critical success since WW. The film looks really fun and pretty interesting as a whole. Probably the DC film that I have legitimate interest in until Joker next year.

I don't know about box office, but I think it'll be the first critical success since WW. The film looks really fun and pretty interesting as a whole. Probably the DC film that I have legitimate interest in until Joker next year.

Aquaman's already a critical success ("fresh" haha) & A- cinemascore & on target for 1B +/-

Aquaman's already a critical success ("fresh" haha) & A- cinemascore & on target for 1B +/-

hopefully Shazam! and WW84 will do better with critics :argh:

Meh, I'm not really interested in the movie, but I sincerely hope it does well. Plus I love the director. People might be surprised by this.

I'm still shocked that WB didn't put The Rock/Black Adam in this instead of Strong/Sivana.

Massive missed opportunity. They could have had a one-two punch of billion dollar superhero movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"