Shazam Shazam: Fury of the Gods General News and Discussion Thread

Grace looks fantastic. Now that's a solid adaptation of a female superhero costume from the comics.

And I'm thrilled they finally got the muscle padding under control. The suits in SHAZAM 2019 looked too goofy. I think that's what turned so many audience members off and why the film didn't do so well. Some assumed it was a silly kids film or a parody.

Helen Mirren bois! Very curious about this scene lol
etcr40ht1p671.jpg

I’ll be curious to see if they give a reason in-universe for the fact that Mary doesn’t change into a whole other person now.

I mean the film made $365 million on a $100 million budget that isn't exactly terrible.

No more hoods on the costumes. Wonder why they nixed them.

Curious why they replaced Michelle Borth with Grace, as Borth had a five-picture deal in case the first film was a success. Hope it wasn’t a case of creative differences or just getting axed.

I’m sure Grace will do a great job, though!

Costumes look great, btw!

I’ll be curious to see if they give a reason in-universe for the fact that Mary doesn’t change into a whole other person now.
I doubt most people will even notice... the actress they used in the first didn't look that significantly different then her (especially compared to the others) didn't even really make since to use a different person in the role (other then a stunt double) given that she was already an adult, unlike the rest who were actual kids an looked very obviously different then there counterparts (she was the only one that didn't change in height/size all that much)
upload_2021-6-21_21-5-47.png

I love how all the adults are in their 40s and then there's Ross whose in his mid 20s.

Also, Ross Butler is now 31, so technically he's past his mid 20s, (though he looks like he's still in mid 20's)

I mean the film made $365 million on a $100 million budget that isn't exactly terrible.
The movie didn't have a good release date, it was released between Captain Marvel and Avengers: Endgame. Both Marvel movies were marketed lot more too.

Any reason why they changed the green costume to black?

E4dt-ruWEAAiTcM

All the suits have become much more elegant, and possibly even prettier in the next movie, as they will have a better sense of what worked and what didn't in each suit. Think of Hegel's dialectical method, starting with thesis (1st costume), then antithesis (2nd costume) and then synthesis (3rd costume).

IIt could be very interesting to have visual references to the Ancient Gods who fought alongside the Wizard Shazam:

2615616-FCBD-New-52-1-new-SHAZAM-gods.jpg

I would also like to see Billy in the white suit, suggesting the evolution of powers and the approaching arrival of Black Adam:

main-qimg-1b498a709f77095d3b13e8f02f3445eb

main-qimg-ad66499f6a15503a0173e94bab152746

1351154-jsa13.jpg

1351156-jsa14.jpg

3010947-15.jpg

What happened to Michelle Borth? Why was she replaced?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"