Shazam Shazam General Discussion and Speculation - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really put off by the Big version that they're going with, casting the wisdom of Solomon aside and having Cap act childish.

I've always been interested by the weird relationship between Billy and Captain Marvel, how they seemed to be two distinct personalities that shared all of the others memories.

I hope the "forces of evil" aren't magic, the threat should be the super-science inventions of Sivana.

They need to rename him Hazam. :o

So, is 'Shazam'/'Captain Marvel' is supposed to be a grown up version of Billy ?
If it's the case, then I hope the contacts won't be too noticeable.

I just started reading the comics and it's nice. It's funny and Billy is very likeable.

The Big aspect has been used in other adaptations of Shazam like Batman the Brave and the Bold and Young Justice so it's not exclusive to the film. I think it's a good thing that he's still a kid in an adult body because Billy's recklessness as Shazam likely will endanger people and I imagine that's going to important to the film especially when he faces Dr Sivana and I suspect he'll go through the aspect of having to be more responsible.

'Big' aspect helps differentiate it from becoming Superman clone.

latest

:awesome:
I think conceptually it looks good as it gives Billy something he can't defeat just by using his might and he has to learn how to control those forces of evil,it's something earlier champion (Black Adam) never managed.

As for Dr. Sivana, he has always used both Science and Magic to defeat Captain Marvel (oops, Shazam), and then there's Mr. Mind, an alien who brings in Sci-Fi threat to the world of Shazam but that's for the sequels.

He really is starting to look like him.

Pray that we get a shot of it soon. Please, please, please......I mean, Sandberg did say that he wanted a nice looking official pic released before a crappy set pic gets taken and posted online (this was before the Captain Marvel costume set pics).

Next week, maybe? Early, so as not to clash with Black Panther hitting screens?

I know nothing about Shazam, except from that animated short with Superman and Black Adam.

Levi seems like a cool dude though.

has to be revealed on valentine's day right? it's when nightwing gets some more official stuff released

So, is 'Shazam'/'Captain Marvel' is supposed to be a grown up version of Billy ?
If it's the case, then I hope the contacts won't be too noticeable.

I just started reading the comics and it's nice. It's funny and Billy is very likeable.

Sometimes he's adult Billy and other times he's another person. In Justice League Unlimited it was a child in an adult body and in Kingdom Come Billy is an adult. So when he says the word he just gets the costume and superpowers.
3858587-4003542616-marve.gif

Levi really is great casting. I'm glad he dyed his hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"