Shazam Shazam General Discussion and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
STOKED

GalleryChar_1900x900_JL0_var_52ab9027a66018.51207574.jpg

file_191301_0_justiceleague10658.jpg

What if The Rock is Captain Marvel though it makes sense that he'd be Black Adam

I could see the Rock playing either Captain Marvel (I will never call him Shazam :cmad:) or Black Adam. Either way, I am stoked for this.

I would rather prefer that they keep Shazam ! as a separate franchise, not connected to Snyder's DC movie-verse.

Make it kid friendly like Raimi's Spider-Man movies and keep it light hearted. (Not campy)

If the Rock is playing Black Adam, then God, YES.

Not only would he be badass in that role but that means he won't be Aquaman... and I really don't want him to be Aquaman.

Kinda bummed about this not being part of the main DCU, though. Won't be able to see Shazam join the League or see Black Adam fight any Leaguers. Also it's just weird that they're choosing to keep this separate.

If they call him Shazam and not Captain Marvel and keep this separate to the JL movie-verse, i won't be watching.

I highly doubt this would be separate from the MOS-verse.

I highly doubt this would be separate from the MOS-verse.

Snyder once upon a time said MOS was separate from a supposed JL franchise WB was developing a few years back. I agree, there's no way this would be separate?

If they call him Shazam and not Captain Marvel and keep this separate to the JL movie-verse, i won't be watching.

Marvel has put legal restriction on the use of the name "Captain Marvel" on DC, WB cannot call him Captain Marvel...unless they want to hand over the character to Marvel Studios.

As tonally it will be lighter (read family friendly... it makes sense to keep it as a separate franchise)

Still, they could (technically speaking) make a cross over movie with JL, just show Shazam crossing over from alternate Earth to DC Universe Earth for one movie.

Although I wouldn't care too much if it was a separate universe or not, in general, I don't think a difference in tone should automatically mean a separate universe.

Rocket Raccoon is on the opposite side of the spectrum of TWS for instance. As long as the two tones don't clash in a single movie, I think it's fine.

That's kind of a weenie attitude to take since DC can not legally call him Captain Marvel on any posters, merchandise, or to promote the comics or movie in anyway, since Marvel owns the rights to the brand "Captain Marvel".

Also putting him in the JL after the fact not as a founder but an afterthought joiner makes him look like a secondary character, which is how DC has treated him, not the champion of his universe as he should be, as he was created to be.

Kinda bummed about this not being part of the main DCU, though. Won't be able to see Shazam join the League or see Black Adam fight any Leaguers. Also it's just weird that they're choosing to keep this separate.

DC has wasted him as an incidental Justice League joiner or hanger on, where he becomes second to Superman (their true champion), and subordinate to (their true leader) Batman's vision and approval.

Cap. Marvel/Shazam, should be assembling his own team, and he is the one not the JL that should standing up to and taking out his own villain and counterpart Black Adam.

And yeah, this needs to happen...

1178mzp.jpg

The Wall Street Journal said:
Warner Bros. has several other movies in development unconnected to the Justice League that are based on DC superheroes and fantasy and crime titles from its Vertigo line of genre comics, said Mr. Silverman and Toby Emmerich, president of Warner’s New Line Cinema label. They include “Shazam,” “Metal Men,” “100 Bullets,” and “Fables.”
Probably the best news for the franchise.

Last edited:
I would rather prefer that they keep Shazam ! as a separate franchise, not connected to Snyder's DC movie-verse.

Make it kid friendly like Raimi's Spider-Man movies and keep it light hearted. (Not campy)

My thoughts exactly. I wouldn't mind a passing reference that hints at connection to Snyder's JL story, but it shouldn't be shoehorned together.

On another note, I'd be happy if the Rock were Shazam or Black Adam. Either one would be cool to see what he does for the character.

I did not know DC couldn't use the term Captain Marvel any more. Interesting. I just hate the nu52 version of the big red cheese. I'd be disappointed to see them go forward with that characterisation and mythos for the movies.

But i'd still like to see it connected to the JL-universe. Just because a film might have a different tone doesn't mean it has to be in a different universe.

I mean, if and when we get Flash, will that be all super serious and po-faced? I ****ing hope not.

I'm glad this is going to be a separate universe. very glad. I never thought Shazam/Black Adam had much of a place in the greater DCU, i like when they stay in their own world.

This movie will likely be light hearted and childish, maybe a bit campy, i don't see a Shazam film working well tonally with MOS

It could be done. but a Shazam movie does not need to be "gritty or realistic". those two words should be avoided like the plague by the filmmakers that want to make this

"Unconnected to the Justice League" doesn't automatically mean "completely separate universe." WB is trying to build a cohesive DCCU like Marvel has, so having multiple different film continuities would make no sense. It probably simply means that Shazam will be off doing his own thing independent of the JL, but will still technically be in the same universe. Sort of like GOTG is part of the MCU, but isn't connected to the Avengers.

Man, I'm so happy!! This is the best news i've had in a long time! Shazam/Captain Marvel is my favorite character (tied with the Hulk). The potential is huge! :)

I am very curious to see what they do with Metal Men. It's a definite ensemble cast that they can do with either mocap or makeup fx, probably the latter mixed with CG to save budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"