Hype Survivor SHH! Survivor 28: I'm a Marvel, and I'm a DC - Issue #1: Choosing Sides

Spider-Fan

SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion
Staff member
Reaction score
SHHBanner.jpg

Issue #1 – Choosing Sides!

Part 1 - Idols

Welcome one and all to Hype Survivor XXVIII: I’m a Marvel and I’m a DC! You have all shown interest in participating by signing up in the designated thread. Now it’s time to find out who truly wants to play and trim the fat!

Now, most of the experienced players know what comes next. I send you a quiz or something to fill out and sternly tell you no cheating or sharing answers! You guys cheat anyway, I grade them, and put you guys into tribe’s based on scores, blah, blah, blah….NOT IN THIS GAME!!!

Somewhere on the Hype are two idols, each representing 1 of 2 tribes that you will be assigned to in the game. One idol for the Marvel Tribe, and one for the DC tribe. These idols will be labeled saying "I'm a Marvel" or "I'm a DC" at the bottom. Your goal is to find one of the two idols. You may find the idol to EITHER tribe. Once you have discovered an idol’s location, send me and chaseter the thread, post count, and a link to the post in a PM. Players may only claim 1 idol. You’re first claim is the only one that will count (basically if you claimed the DC idol, you may no longer claim the Marvel idol or vice versa). To aid you in your effort to finding the idols, clues to their location will be posted once around 4pm, 8pm, and 12am. Clues to the idol’s location will continue to be posted in this manner until that idol is claimed. Should the idol not be found today, then clues will again start being posted tomorrow at 12pm in 4 hour blocks like today. Only the 2 players whom claim idols are guaranteed a spot in the game, so it is in your best interest to try and find them. Good luck to you all. You’re gonna need it!

The potential players:

Star
CelticPredator
knowsbleed
Aesop Rocks
Body by Joker
Alex the Great
KALEL114
Dr. Watson
Kane52630
Bnightwing
NewYorkSpider
JewishHobbit
XpunkRocker
Ahura Mazda
DX
Nirvana
Nivek
Majic Walrus
POWdER-man
CrashNburn
JACK101
venomvsspidey
Matt
NotAHenchWench
ComicChick
StorminNorman
TEDDY

Team DC

Dr. Watson
KALEL114
Nivek
Aesop Rocks
CelticPredator
NotAHenchwench
NewYorkSpider

Team Marvel

POWdER-man
JewishHobbit
ComicChick
venomvsspidey
Ahura Mazda
Matt
StorminNorman

Last edited:
*runs around in circles*

What do I do?! What do I do?!

Look for the idol :)

cant wait to see how this will turn up

I'll check in around 4 and post first clue if they are not found. I'm going to see The Book of Eli at 1.

Happy hunting guys :)

Hmmm... Is this just restricted to the community forum or can they be -anywhere-?

I'm at work but I'm subscribing

Hench, they can be anywhere

I wonder how much of a pain the lag is going to be with this type of challenge...

Sorry for not pm'ing you all this morning. I got called into work early but I think my warning last night gave sufficient time for everyone to stay tuned. I will still shoot a pm to people that I didn't see here last night or today make sure they know what is going down.

Last edited:
I think SF pm'd everyone the thread. He pm'd it to me at least :o

Speaking of...an Idol has been found. So ladies and germs, only one idol remains.

I'm confused...does everyone have to find one of the idols, or do only two people find them and after that the challenge is over?

Because someone had to say it:

"And here we...go!" :hoboj:

Go the PM, I'll do moar when I'm done babysitting and get to a better internet connection (delicious dial up :yay:).

I'm confused...does everyone have to find one of the idols, or do only two people find them and after that the challenge is over?
Two people find them, one person to one idol, then the challenge is over and the fun part begins:awesome:

BOTH IDOLS HAVE BEEN FOUND!

Congrats to the two sleuths that found the idols with no clues. You spend waaaaaay too much time using the search function. However, you will be rewarded for that internet muscle work. The rest of you, stay tuned.

So...next challenge?

Congrats whoever found em. I am predicting a draft :eek:

I am here.

Portion 2 of this challenge will commence shortly...I shall PM the individuals whom found the idols to make sure they are online before I post the challenge in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"