Hype Survivor SHH! Survivor 28: I'm a Marvel, and I'm a DC - Issue #10: Hung Jury!

Group #3

chaseter

creativity 7. its pretty plain jane but I appreciate the humor of it. I admit I laughed at the top horribly rendered paint Spidey and Batman. But, that is the only thing on it that is funny. if they made the whole thing funny, then they would have gotten more points. Plus as mentioned, it is pretty plain...very cut and dry. A little too simple for my tastes but it isn't over cluttered

7 for quality. I like the logo. It's another good logo, but the overall board is once again simple. I would knock the horrible paint guys at the top but they made me laugh. Would have liked to see some more going on than all that white space

theme 8. Although it fits the theme, there isn't much of a versus element, but I appreciate them catching the Im a Marvel and Im a DC guys! I just would have liked to see some more seperation of Marvel and DC. It seems like the character pics were more thought out in this one. But, points knocked for JewHob getting two pics, why that was done...I have no idea

SF:

Creativity 7: First let me say, I stopped reading your paragraph immediately! You're just trying to suck up with that stuff The logo, while changed, looks awesome and is creative. I love how you incorporated chase and I into it, and it fits with not only Marvel/DC, but with what I chose to name the game after (the I'm a Marvel and I'm a DC youtube series). However, why is JewHob on here twice? That is stupid! Plus, at jury, we're not really in a vs mode. Plus, it is odd making awesome character pics, yet cheesy hosts. I think committing more to funny/serious would have scored higher.

Quality 7: I must admit, I am shocked a bit by how good it looks. Considering who did this! The bad points are cheesy, but add their own charm. The logo is awesome. However, there is a lot of blank space on this grid. This bogs down the good points of the grid because the white space is distracting.

Consistency w/ Theme 9: You nailed the Marvel/DC angle and even my cheesy reference with the host bobblehead things and that logo and character pics and the logo for Survivor is there, and so are the jury squares. But, with the blank space, more perhaps could have been done to highten the theme aspect, so I'm docking you a point for having some untapped potential.

Overall, not a bad effort!

Gilpesh

Creativity (0)
Quality (4)
Consistency with themes (10)
Really? I mean... I read the explanation. But come on.

Points for the well-made grid though.

SuBe

(Creativity, 6, Quality, 3, Consistency with Themes, 6)

Total - 56.5

So...that means that
Group #2 - Powder-man, Kane, NewYorkSpider WINS!!!

Congrats guys! Tribal council pm's for the rest of you will come when SF gets back from watching Johnny Depp and Tim Burton have sex.

what could have been:
a2w6ro.jpg

Imagination people. Marvel vs DC. We were Tribe Marvel and Tribe DC, but now we are no longer grouped together, we have become Independant.... and thus, the game is no longer Marvel Vs DC, it is played Independantly.... Rise of the Independants.

We need smarter judges ;)

It's still called I'm a Marvel and I'm a DC. I get the independent route and I loved the chess board theme but the title of the game is Marvel and DC. I saw a Ninja Turtle on there and I said nooo.

You do realize that the Ninja Turtles started out as a self published independant comic right?

You do realize that the Ninja Turtles started out as a self published independant comic right?

Yes, I am talking about this being a Marvel vs DC game so a Ninja Turtles doesn't fit the theme. Hence why I gave y'all low score in the theme.

chaseter and SF hug each other at the end of each challenge. "Good Game"s are abundant.

Yes, I am talking about this being a Marvel vs DC game so a Ninja Turtles doesn't fit the theme. Hence why I gave y'all low score in the theme.

Eh, whatever. I don't care.

And for the record Matt.... entirely Paint as well :up:

Well just so you don't hate me...this was in the challenge pm:

Consistency of theme of Survivor/I'm a Marvel and I'm a DC/Jury

Not saying your work sucked, I liked a lot of elements, just that nothing on there was Marvel or DC.

Well just so you don't hate me...this was in the challenge pm:

Not saying your work sucked, I liked a lot of elements, just that nothing on there was Marvel or DC.

OH I know it wasn't the most Marvel/DC theme-based, but I was hoping going outside the obvious theme while still within the comicbook theme (while still making sense logically) would be appreciated. Plus, I was going for a grid that's not as generic as most that are made.

I'll just have to stick with the norm next time I guess.

K, I still love you. See you at home.

Group #3

chaseter

creativity 7. its pretty plain jane but I appreciate the humor of it. I admit I laughed at the top horribly rendered paint Spidey and Batman. But, that is the only thing on it that is funny. if they made the whole thing funny, then they would have gotten more points. Plus as mentioned, it is pretty plain...very cut and dry. A little too simple for my tastes but it isn't over cluttered

7 for quality. I like the logo. It's another good logo, but the overall board is once again simple. I would knock the horrible paint guys at the top but they made me laugh. Would have liked to see some more going on than all that white space

theme 8. Although it fits the theme, there isn't much of a versus element, but I appreciate them catching the Im a Marvel and Im a DC guys! I just would have liked to see some more seperation of Marvel and DC. It seems like the character pics were more thought out in this one. But, points knocked for JewHob getting two pics, why that was done...I have no idea

SF:

Creativity 7: First let me say, I stopped reading your paragraph immediately! You're just trying to suck up with that stuff The logo, while changed, looks awesome and is creative. I love how you incorporated chase and I into it, and it fits with not only Marvel/DC, but with what I chose to name the game after (the I'm a Marvel and I'm a DC youtube series). However, why is JewHob on here twice? That is stupid! Plus, at jury, we're not really in a vs mode. Plus, it is odd making awesome character pics, yet cheesy hosts. I think committing more to funny/serious would have scored higher.

Quality 7: I must admit, I am shocked a bit by how good it looks. Considering who did this! The bad points are cheesy, but add their own charm. The logo is awesome. However, there is a lot of blank space on this grid. This bogs down the good points of the grid because the white space is distracting.

Consistency w/ Theme 9: You nailed the Marvel/DC angle and even my cheesy reference with the host bobblehead things and that logo and character pics and the logo for Survivor is there, and so are the jury squares. But, with the blank space, more perhaps could have been done to highten the theme aspect, so I'm docking you a point for having some untapped potential.

Overall, not a bad effort!

Gilpesh

Creativity (0)
Quality (4)
Consistency with themes (10)
Really? I mean... I read the explanation. But come on.

Points for the well-made grid though.

SuBe

(Creativity, 6, Quality, 3, Consistency with Themes, 6)

Total - 56.5

So...that means that
Group #2 - Powder-man, Kane, NewYorkSpider WINS!!!

Congrats guys! Tribal council pm's for the rest of you will come when SF gets back from watching Johnny Depp and Tim Burton have sex.

If you guys read the description you'd know why Jewhob was on there twice! It was because we had an odd number as you buttmunches didn't merge at 10 and I used Aquaman and Submariner as they're the same character. Its clever damnit! :cmad: :(

Sorry group 3 :(

And Chase, I thought everyone was voting? Thats what SF said.

SF, I found your critiques to be particularly helpful. So thanks. As some of you know, this is my first time seriously trying this, so maybe I'm just excited, but I'm proud of it, even if we lost. But as for your thoughts, SF...I left it so blank on purpose. It fits the theme of the I'm a Mac/I'm a PC commercials which are pretty much just a white room and Justin Long and the other guy. As for the logo, I actually stumbled on it by accident while trying to paint something else and it came out awesome so I kept it. I'm glad you liked it :)

Everyone is voting. I'm issuing PMs here in a sec.

Thanks for the compliment Matt :)

Yeah everyone is voting...I was still in the team mode.

heh, that's got to be one of my worst grids I have done...or at least one of the ones I spent the least amount of time on. Thanks judges, and the other competitors. I do think if CC used that other version you would have probably won.

BTW I was going for a crappy artist versions of the characters theme. You will notice that all the marvel characters were done by none other than Rob Liefeld. The DC Characters were much more difficult and in the end I just gave Hench the worst version of Bat Girl I could find.

heh, that's got to be one of my worst grids I have ever done...or at least one of the ones I spent least amount of time on.

BTW I was going for a crappy artist versions of the characters theme. You will notice that all the marvel characters were done by none other than Rob Liefeld. The DC Characters were much more difficult and in the end I just gave Hench the worst version of Bat Girl I could find.

What did I ever do to you? :csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"