Hype Survivor SHH! Survivor 28: I'm a Marvel, and I'm a DC - Issue #4: Civil War

You's trollin!

I go out every Saturday night to the bar. It gets boring at home.
icon9.gif

You're being trixy tonight. :nono:

I got you guys good :hehe:

Since Watson kicked me in the crotch, time to try my charms on Star again.

When Powder hosted, I was sent a chance to get back in that game, and I spent HOURS on a challenge he put me through. After I turned it in, he overturned his decision and screwed me out of HOURS of hard work.

You know how I reacted to that? I said okay and respected their decision. How does Powder repay me? BY COMPLAINING EVERY CHALLENGE!!!

I'm sorry Powder, but GROW UP! I could have complained ENDLESSLY about that decision you made, and a few others, but I didn't. Your constant whining is annoying, and shows a lack of respect for me I didn't show to you.

Drama! :awesome:

When Powder hosted, I was sent a chance to get back in that game, and I spent HOURS on a challenge he put me through. After I turned it in, he overturned his decision and screwed me out of HOURS of hard work.

You know how I reacted to that? I said okay and respected their decision. How does Powder repay me? BY COMPLAINING EVERY CHALLENGE!!!

I'm sorry Powder, but GROW UP! I could have complained ENDLESSLY about that decision you made, and a few others, but I didn't. Your constant whining is annoying, and shows a lack of respect for me I didn't show to you.

I was hoping that after a night to cool off you would have been more composed to retract this statement but since it is still up I will address it since you are attacking me directly and personally.

You were already voted out of the game thus you lost your Survivor rights. The decision to have someone return at that point I actually didn't agree with doing in the first place (so if I had my way you wouldn't even had received a pm) and in the end this mistake in judgement was vetoed, just like you did last night with the judges. A lapse in judgement can be corrected before anything takes a burden in the game. I will take full blame from you that you did get the shaft, despite not being the only person to make the decision and an overwhelming consensus from the remaining players that they didn't want someone to return.

As for constantly complaining, endlessly. Honestly, you should grow thicker skin. I complained for a few posts (with some other players commenting just as much, maybe even more) the first round about the reasoning behind your decision with the avatar as they were conflicting (NOT the judging, I didn't complain about the judging, although I did make the suggestion that hosts should never be judges). I could go on with the reasons but I don't feel we should go back to this, and I have accepted that decision and moved on. Try to do so as well. Then you don't hear anything from me until last night and that wasn't even complaining about you. It was only because the other tribe stole our material. Lets cut all the BS aside and the debate about it being art, blah, blah, blah. They stole something from us. Its obvious and that can't be disputed and has even been admitted by them. Yes I took offence because I don't work on things and spend time on it just to have it stolen and used against us. I am sure you would take offense if someone took one of your fan fictions and claimed it as their own. Its about the principle. If they created their own graph and did whatever, good on them.

But because I say something, I AM the one used as a scapegoat, and labelled a "bad guy". I did nothing wrong. I didn't steal anyone's work but I am the one that is blamed for speaking out. That really makes a lot of sense.

As a host you should remain calm and levelheaded at all times. You are to maintain order, not to create more chaos. I understand the frustration, believe me, I have been there. But I also understand that to not accelerate a situation, you don't resort to demeaning your players and attacking them personally (unless you're Brodie, then it is expected). That is uncalled for, and something I never did as a host depsite having to deal with probably one of the worst complainers on the Hype.

I don't expect them to lose because of it, that would be unfair. Although I did expect some consequence in one way or another. "Did", as in the past tense. I don't care to talk about it anymore.

Last edited:
And I thought that Watson and I going at it was good. :up:

I think we can expect it around 2 or 3 as SF mentioned that being his break, and if not then, by the time he finishes work.

Hobbits drink meade and Jewishes drink wine. You were bred to drink:awesome: Right behind the Irish and knowsbleed.

Hah! You're probably right.

But no. I was raised by an alcoholic stepfather. His drinking completely screwed up my family, so as teenagers my older brother and I both decided to never touch the crap. I think he had a beer a few years ago to give it a fair shot and that was it. I've not had so much as a wine cooler. It's kind of a personal thing for me. I can't stand to even be around people who are drinking. The closest I'll come is an applebees or somewhere like that. No bars, nothing. If I go to a friend's house and they pull a beer out of the fridge I kinda shut down and typically either ask them to put it back or I excuse myself. It's a problem... but a problem I'm proud to have.

Hah! You're probably right.

But no. I was raised by an alcoholic stepfather. His drinking completely screwed up my family, so as teenagers my older brother and I both decided to never touch the crap. I think he had a beer a few years ago to give it a fair shot and that was it. I've not had so much as a wine cooler. It's kind of a personal thing for me. I can't stand to even be around people who are drinking. The closest I'll come is an applebees or somewhere like that. No bars, nothing. If I go to a friend's house and they pull a beer out of the fridge I kinda shut down and typically either ask them to put it back or I excuse myself. It's a problem... but a problem I'm proud to have.

My dad doesn't drink for the exact same reason...alcoholic stepfather. You both are stronger willed than I:csad:

But, results will be in this afternoon...really soon I hear.

I was hoping that after a night to cool off you would have been more composed to retract this statement but since it is still up I will address it since you are attacking me directly and personally.

You were already voted out of the game thus you lost your Survivor rights. The decision to have someone return at that point I actually didn't agree with doing in the first place (so if I had my way you wouldn't even had received a pm) and in the end this mistake in judgement was vetoed, just like you did last night with the judges. A lapse in judgement can be corrected before anything takes a burden in the game. I will take full blame from you that you did get the shaft, despite not being the only person to make the decision and an overwhelming consensus from the remaining players that they didn't want someone to return.

As for constantly complaining, endlessly. Honestly, you should grow thicker skin. I complained for a few posts (with some other players commenting just as much, maybe even more) the first round about the reasoning behind your decision with the avatar as they were conflicting (NOT the judging, I didn't complain about the judging, although I did make the suggestion that hosts should never be judges). I could go on with the reasons but I don't feel we should go back to this, and I have accepted that decision and moved on. Try to do so as well. Then you don't hear anything from me until last night and that wasn't even complaining about you. It was only because the other tribe stole our material. Lets cut all the BS aside and the debate about it being art, blah, blah, blah. They stole something from us. Its obvious and that can't be disputed and has even been admitted by them. Yes I took offence because I don't work on things and spend time on it just to have it stolen and used against us. I am sure you would take offense if someone took one of your fan fictions and claimed it as their own. Its about the principle. If they created their own graph and did whatever, good on them.

But because I say something, I AM the one used as a scapegoat, and labelled a "bad guy". I did nothing wrong. I didn't steal anyone's work but I am the one that is blamed for speaking out. That really makes a lot of sense.

As a host you should remain calm and levelheaded at all times. You are to maintain order, not to create more chaos. I understand the frustration, believe me, I have been there. But I also understand that to not accelerate a situation, you don't resort to demeaning your players and attacking them personally (unless you're Brodie, then it is expected). That is uncalled for, and something I never did as a host depsite having to deal with probably one of the worst complainers on the Hype.

I don't expect them to lose because of it, that would be unfair. Although I did expect some consequence in one way or another. "Did", as in the past tense. I don't care to talk about it anymore.

I didn't make that post to insult you or create chaos. I was actually trying to be reasonable. I have no bias against you, or anyone for that matter

I wasn't complaining about that decision you made in that game, my point is I had a right to. But, I didn't. I'm not making a big deal about that, cause honestly I didn't care then and I don't care now about that. However, I did have a right to complain.

As for calling you out, I don't want to influence the game at any point. But, I'm also not going to let you make me look incompetent and like I am being unfair to you. You worked for hours on those graphs, and I understand that. But, I worked for MONTHS on this game. To constantly be calling me out and trying to make it seem like I have some bias makes me just as mad (if not madder) than what you are accusing DC of doing to you. I'd like you to understand that. The decision to do nothing was most fair within the confines of this challenge. Just like me asking them to not point out your stats were fake was me trying to be fair in the confines of this challenge.

I do have some results to post though!!!

This may take a few, cause I'm on a campus computer, and it sucks :csad:

Our first judge is someone very familiar to the hype community. You may have heard of her...give it up for STAR!

Here is what Star had to say about the presentations:

Star said:
DC: I really liked your opening statement, because it was straight and to the point, but also outlined the main reason that most superhero’s probably wouldn’t want to be registered- their identities. You definitely had a lot of examples for that as well.

As for your rebuttal, I definitely liked the fact that you brought to attention that the other team wasn’t acknowledging the villain side of the argument. (that was one part I thought was so stupid about the actual Civil War comic arc) I got a laugh out of the graph you guys put up too, because it was clearly a joke. I thought it was a pretty good counter argument.

Marvel: Jeez guys, could you have written any more? One thing I did like was your inclusion of the videos from MAU, but what was with the graphs? I thought that the graphs were kind of pointless and clearly made up just to try to sway me to vote for your team. I can definitely see that you guys went through a lot of trouble writing it, but I seriously believe that it reads more like a manual than a debate.

In regards to your rebuttal, I do appreciate that it’s true that SHIELD would try to protect these heroes, and also that heroes do run the risk of being identified as is. I definitely thought your rebuttal was stronger than your initial argument as well- it was also shorter and more to the point. It was a good counter argument to DC.

To conclude: Although Marvel clearly went through a LOT of trouble researching and making graphs, I think their argument looses it’s strengths due to it’s length. It wasn’t a high powered debate but a boring manual-like speech. DC was clear, concise, to the point and never lost my attention. For that I am choosing DC’s debate as the winner.

That is a vote for DC!

DC - 1
Marvel - 0

For judge number two, I picked someone whom had a lot of recent Survivor success in his first game in a while. Ladies and gentleman, you're runner-up from last game...Mr. COLOSSAL SPOONS!!!

Here is what Spoons had to say:

Colossal Spoons said:
Pass

The Pro-reg argument(complete with graphs for Odin's sake) was very compelling and well done. I was Anti-Reg myself, but even I'd have to give the SHRA some more thought if I'd been presented that argument. Well done team!

That is a Pass, so Marvel gets the vote...WE'RE TIED!!!

DC - 1
Marvel - 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"