Hype Survivor SHH! Survivor 28: I'm a Marvel, and I'm a DC - Issue #4: Civil War

Before I reveal the 3rd judge, let me just say both teams made excellent presentations, and I am REALLY happy about how this challenge turned out. I was excited for it, and you guys didn't disappoint, so thanks for giving me a good time :)

Back to results...

For the 3rd judge, I went with someone VERY familiar in the hype politics circles. I guess you can say, I hit the MARK on this one ;)

Give it up, for MARX!!!

Marx had this to say:

Marx said:
First off, I would like to take this opportunity to commend both tribes on their submissions. You both made excellent arguments and should be incredibly proud of your work. It is very clear to me that alot of time and thought was put into both positions. That being said, I must also condemn Team DC for the rumored stealing of work. It is never right, or fair, to rip off another tribe's work and try to pass it off as your own.

In my own personal opinion, I do not believe that it is appropriate to leave the rights of the minority in the hands of the majority. So...public opinion should have absolutely no bearing on a decision such as this. I also believe that the Superhuman Registration Act would only harm those who would seek to participate in it. You are essentially only going to get the Heroes to sign up for something like this. The Villains, on the other hand, would continue to fly under the radar and remain anonymous. (Any villain worth their weight would figure out a way to hack into the S.H.E.I.L.D. database.) In which case, there's no going back once it has been breached.

HOWEVER...

I was asked to judge on the quality and persuasiveness of the submissions and not by my own personal politics. While both submissions were very well done, the clear edge goes to Team Marvel. The text of the arguments was clear, concise, and very detailed. In many ways, it was written the way an actual proposed legislation would be written. On top of that, you have personalized graphics for the 'Superhuman Registration Act', charts showing crime rates, deaths, property damage and public opinion, a 'myth vs. fact' breakdown of the argument, and a video & petition of superheroes speaking out in favor of this legislation.

As a result of the quality and persuasive argument, I have to vote to PASS the 'Superhuman Registration Act'.

Is that a pass? Well, that means...for the first time in SHH! Survivor: I'm a Marvel, and I'm a DC, MARVEL WINS!!!

Congrats to team Marvel :)

Team DC has a date with Tribal council, and Marvel has a date with Power-Ups...PMs coming!

One of the judges used the graph which they stole from us as a positive...just sayin SF. :cmad: :heart:

WOOOO! YEAH TEAM MARVEL! WAY TO GO GUYS :woot:

I must say kudos to Matt for making a good argument.

This is BULLCRAP! I swear this is the dumbest most rigged survivor I've ever......

wait... we won?

Oh... hey :up:

After finding out that you are neither a Jewish or a Hobbit, I find you fraudelent. MATT DID EVERYTHING WEEEEEEEEE

Well in that case... carry on :up:

And with that, I'm off to work. Be back around dinner break.

I must say kudos to Matt for making a good argument.

Thanks, but Jewhob was my editor, POWdER made our images and videos, and everyone else provided great ideas, this was a team effort. :up:

It seems Nivek is probationary banned, SF and I will have a chat with DC about that.

One of the judges used the graph which they stole from us as a positive...just sayin SF. :cmad: :heart:

And one used it as a negative...it's a push :o

This is BULLCRAP! I swear this is the dumbest most rigged survivor I've ever......

wait... we won?

Oh... hey :up:

I'll state my opinion now.

Team DC, you guys did great, but Marvel I think deserved to win. It's not cause of the graphs or anything (those were intended to get cheap votes I think), but they addressed more issues. Things you didn't even think to address, so it felt like they were more ready and persuasive. I mean, I was SHOCKED you didn't bring up taxes. Read their argument: superheroes get a 6 FIGURE salary. Let's say there is 100 superheroes (and we know there is def more), and make 100,000 a base. That is a billion dollars in added spending for the gov't! This is not including people with over 100,000 salaries or low end workers that will be hired. This would cost billions, and the public would have to pay for it in taxes.

Def a missed opportunity cause that was one of my first thoughts reading their submission.

Team DC, you guys did great, but Marvel I think deserved to win. It's not cause of the graphs or anything (those were intended to get cheap votes I think), but they addressed more issues. Things you didn't even think to address, so it felt like they were more ready and persuasive. I mean, I was SHOCKED you didn't bring up taxes. Read their argument: superheroes get a 6 FIGURE salary. Let's say there is 100 superheroes (and we know there is def more), and make 100,000 a base. That is a billion dollars in added spending for the gov't! This is not including people with over 100,000 salaries or low end workers that will be hired. This would cost billions, and the public would have to pay for it in taxes.

Def a missed opportunity cause that was one of my first thoughts reading their submission.

lol actually 100 x 100,000 = 10,000,000

lol actually 100 x 100,000 = 10,000,000

It would end up in the billions all said and done. I think you guys used 200,000 as a base, right?

Easily would cost over a billion by the time all heroes sign up and you make the buildings, low end workers, agencies, etc.

Hey, if someone as slow as my buddy Colossal Spoons can read and stick's with it... what's that tell ya'?

:D

lol shut up!

I just thought that these were supposed to be taken as a speech that would be read, and thought that your guy's would be too long to keep an audience's attention

but congratulations for winning :)

I think DC did a great job. Their rebuttal especially was very strong. I think the biggest problem their tribe had was their opening was too short. If this were a spoken debate, short and concise would be perfect. If this were a public voting, a short concise argument would be ideal (for voters like Star). However this is a written debate, so it needs to be longer. And unfortunately, by the time they got to their rebuttal it was entirely on our terms because our opening was long. Our rebuttal was able to expand on our original points because their opening was so short. If they came out of the gate with an opening like their rebuttal, we'd have probably lost.

I'd like to thank my judges once again...you guys rock :heart:

Overall, this challenge went awesome...I am proud of this one, and hopefully it sees use in future games :up:

Survivor 29: JAL vs the People of Florida

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"