SHH! Survivor 28: I'm a Marvel, and I'm a DC - Issue #4: Civil War

Discussion in 'The Hype Archives' started by Spider-Fan, Feb 1, 2010.

?

Want a 3rd judge?

1. Yes

2. No

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. NewYorkSpider EndGame

I remember staying up late trying to improve my score. The game was challenging and addicting. :csad:

2. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Actually, I beat it (though my score wasn't that high when I did). I was one of the top 2 people at MK in our tribe. All I did was jump kick in perfect rhythm, and I got Flawless/Double Flawless victories in mass :up:

Sub-Zero and Scorpion were my guys :)

3. KALEL114 Returned

[nerd]I hope there is a chess tournament in this game.[nerd/]

4. KALEL114 Returned

Who had the highest score? I can't remember.

5. ComicChick I Work Too Much

how about scrabble? :awesome:

6. KALEL114 Returned

Doh!:doh:

You beat us pretty bad.

How many moves did I beat you with in chess? :hehe:

7. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Yeah, well...I GOT MORE MYSPACE FRIENDS!!! :cmad:

And won Whack-A-Mole :o

8. JewishHobbit Registered

Oooooh, I LOVE the idea of a chess tournament! I love board games in general, so I'm up for anything like that.

9. KALEL114 Returned

Say who got the highest MK score!:cmad:

10. ComicChick I Work Too Much

haha this is turning into a 'let's compare sizes' thing

11. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

After you say who placed higher, OH!!!

But you voted for me on the jury, so you're awesome. The other people in this game who didn't disappoint me :o

12. JewishHobbit Registered

:( I lose :(

13. Matt IKYN Guy Groupie

Myspace, Bella's brain child. So many good challenges that game :(

14. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

I owned ya'lls at that :o

I got like 700 friends in 3 days!!! By myself :up:

15. Star Slurr

Spider-Fan asked me to post this story he wrote in another Survivor on LSP because it's his ''all time favourite survivor memory'' and he still ''reads it frequently and hopes that everyone can get the same joy that he does out of it''

:huh:

Whiskers

By Spider-Fan

It was an average Wednesday night for the Moore family. The 8 year old son Paul was aimlessly flipping thru channels, the 12 year old daughter Cindy was texting up a storm on the telephone, and the mother Mary was cooking in the kitchen. It was sloppy joe night. The door opened, entering Tyler to this average evening for the Moore family. On this day however, Tyler had a surprise. He gathered the entire family into the living room, and introduced them to the family’s newest member. He was no more than 8 weeks old, black furred with a white spot on his neck, with bushy whiskers on his face. For this reason, they decided to call him Whiskers. The family took turns passing the new pet around and showering him with their love. Whiskers began to feel at home.

Around a year has gone by since the move, and the Moore home has become Whiskers home. No more does he remember being at home with his brothers and sisters, whom mysteriously disappeared one by one from his old home. But that is the past. Whiskers’ world now consist of playing with his favorite fishing rod cat toy, staring out to the neighborhood from the Moore’s living room window, spraying the living room rug to impress a female stray cat whom he wants to impress for some instinctual reason, and his favorite of all, stretching out his claws on the living room sofa’s arm. The rustling sound it makes is music to Whiskers’ ears. Sometimes, he gets chased off when he does it, but Whiskers’ thinks nothing of it. Cindy has become Whiskers’ favorite member of the family. She always has time to pet and play with lovable Whiskers.

Whiskers’ comes home in the cage he is occasionally thrown into when he goes to this unfamiliar room with a man in bright colors. This time however, he has this odd sensation in his paw. He keeps trying to shake it off, but it persists. But now he is home, he figures he’ll just scratch at this favorite spot and it will be over. He stretches like he always has, only this time there is no noise. His paw didn’t catch anything either. Whiskers tries again, thinking he did something wrong, but the same thing happens. Whiskers wonders to himself what happened? One thing is certain; his favorite noise is gone forever. He senses that stray cat again also, but this time, he feels no urge to do anything about it. Feeling sorry for Whiskers, Cindy grabs his favorite fishing rod toy, and all is forgotten.

Several years have gone by now. There are only 3 members of the Moore family at the home now. Cindy mysteriously left the house, and Paul doesn’t look anything like he used to. He’s a lot bigger and has more hair then Whiskers was used to back then. Paul is also less playful anymore. He’s always around these strangers Whiskers doesn’t know. Mary has tried to fill in the void left by Cindy, but it is not the same. She’s just not into it as much. Cindy comes home every once in a while, much to Whiskers’ delight, but she again mysteriously disappears after a short while.

Ten years have gone by now. For a while it has just been Whiskers alone with Mary and Tyler Moore. Whiskers lies down a lot more than he used to. He’s not as slow or active as he once was, nor are Mary or Tyler. Mary and Tyler rarely play with Whiskers anymore, thinking he is too old. They still show him plenty of love and pet him often. Things are definitely not the same.
    Lying down on the sofa, Whiskers hears Tyler enter the house. Only this time, he is not alone. Mary comes into the living room, and holds out the newest member of the Moore family, Fluffy. Fluffy is like Whiskers once was, only with bushy hair and white coloring. Whiskers has mixed feelings about this new member.

Whiskers enters the kitchen to get some food, and sees Fluffy eating out of his favorite bowl. Whiskers lunges at Fluffy, but is bested by this younger and stronger cat. There was a time when Whiskers would have tossed this cat from one side of the house to the next, but that isn’t this day. Later, Fluffy is spotted by Whiskers playing with Mary. Worst of all, she playing with his favorite fishing rod toy. Whiskers tries to get Mary’s attention by brushing himself against her leg, but to no avail. Again, this Fluffy wins the day.

It was an average Wednesday for Whiskers, lying down on his favorite spot on the couch. All of a sudden, Tyler picked up Whiskers and placed him in his travel cage yet again. He has been put in this and brought to the man with bright clothing a lot more frequently lately. He wants to get out of this cage desperately. He hates being in it. The cage door opens, but he is not in the room yet. Instead, he is in a bigger room with many other creatures Whiskers had never seen before. Mary picks him up, and gives him a tight squeeze for a long while. The front door to this room opens, and in walks Cindy Moore, along with a strange man. It has been ages since Whiskers has seen Cindy. He rests comfortably in her arms. Are things changing for the better for Whiskers? Whiskers notices water on the sides of the Moore’s faces. Whiskers is taken by a brightly colored man into a strange room. The Moore’s waved as he was taken from the room.

It was an average Wednesday for Whiskers. It was also his last Wednesday.

16. ComicChick I Work Too Much

i hate whiskers lol and it's sequel(s)

17. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

I SAID NO SUCH THING!!!

LOL! Oh, do I remember Whiskers. This was the first short story I ever wrote. And it was for Survivor Talent Show. I couldn't sing or juggle or anything, so they let me write a story. I got SO much crap for this story, LOL!

I look back at this and laugh :woot:

Star has embarrassed me :csad:

18. Star Slurr

Uh Spider-Fan did you just not proclaim to me that it was ''worthy of an oscar''

19. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

I didn't approve that sequel!!! :cmad:

Nirv stole Whiskers, and stripped it of its soul :o

20. Star Slurr

I haven't read it because I only read 'official' sequels

21. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Yes, but only if I add a horse, a nazi, and someone struggling with homosexuality. Then I'd win :up:

It's the unbeatable combo.

22. Star Slurr

that's true enough. but would it cause me to sob uncontrollably like both Whiskers and Fat Albert the movie do?

I think not

23. Matt IKYN Guy Groupie

Star, go away. We're waiting on our power-up and you're distracting the host! :argh:

...And no I'm not bitter about your wrong vote!

24. JewishHobbit Registered

I'm bitter like ear wax! :mad:

25. chaseter Esteemed Member

Star, where is my poutine?