Hype Survivor SHH! Survivor 28: I'm a Marvel, and I'm a DC - Issue #5: Catfight!

Are you guys ready for some RESULTS!!!

But first, we have a special service announcement from our fair co-host, chaseter

I love keyboard cat. If I could own 40, I would. He is one of my most favoritist memes of all time. I was so excited for this challenge and I couldn't wait to see results.

I was great dissapointed in both submissions. I gave you examples of what keyboard cat is and how the videos go. Someone is doing something and then misfortune falls upon them. Keyboard cat them comes on and plays them off. At the end, we see a recap of what happened in some cases.

Team Marvel's submission is a remix. It is a music video with keyboard cat. I hated it. It is nothing like what keyboard cat is. It was painful to watch and being a minute long, it got old. Plus, you loop the song twice.

Team DC's submission also dissapointed. While the clip they used was funny, keyboard cat was barely in the video. He wasn't even at the end. It just wasn't a keyboard cat.

I would have given both teams low scores had I been a judge. However, I did love Kal's submission but they didn't use it. It was funny and it was exactly what keyboard cat is suppose to be!

Does that mean Daffy Duck is superpowered? Porky the Pig? Kermit the Frog? Brian on Family Guy? The Fish on American Dad? Santa's Little Helper has spoken before (albeit in his mind)? Hell, all the talking animals in the Disney movies, Alvin and the Chipmunks. Just because an animal talks doesn't make them a superpowered being. Unless they are someone like Rocket Raccoon, who is an anthropomorphic raccoon who weilds big guns and saves the Galaxy.

I'm really not getting you here, Matt. You are fighting to support your case, but using the wrong examples to fight it.

Actually, you're supporting my case. Your confusion shows how vague Chaseter's wording is.

just for the record, the video is 59 seconds long, youtube added 1 second when the video was uploaded. i have the raw video if you want proof

Powder pm'ed me. You guys are good.

That said, let's get to our judges!!!

First up, we have a familiar poster of the mod community...KEL!!!

Here is what Kel had to say:

Marvel submission 8
DC submission 6

1. Keep my attention.

The first one did that...from beginning to end.
The second lost my interest, because it had nothing familiar to it that would keep all audiences' interest...

2. Keep to the subject, these were "keyboard cat videos"

The first kept it on screen 100% of the time. The cat owned the video, the second one seemed that it was thrown in last minute.

3. Hit a wide demographic...

The first did that...the second would hit only those familiar with the characters they chose.

Score:

Marvel - 8
DC - 6

I love keyboard cat. If I could own 40, I would. He is one of my most favoritist memes of all time. I was so excited for this challenge and I couldn't wait to see results.

I was great dissapointed in both submissions. I gave you examples of what keyboard cat is and how the videos go. Someone is doing something and then misfortune falls upon them. Keyboard cat them comes on and plays them off. At the end, we see a recap of what happened in some cases.

Team Marvel's submission is a remix. It is a music video with keyboard cat. I hated it. It is nothing like what keyboard cat is. It was painful to watch and being a minute long, it got old. Plus, you loop the song twice.

Team DC's submission also dissapointed. While the clip they used was funny, keyboard cat was barely in the video. He wasn't even at the end. It just wasn't a keyboard cat.

I would have given both teams low scores had I been a judge. However, I did love Kal's submission but they didn't use it. It was funny and it was exactly what keyboard cat is suppose to be!

Well being as no one knows what the **** keyboard cat is...:cmad:

Actually, you're supporting my case. Your confusion shows how vague Chaseter's wording is.

If something is vague, do you ask a question about it or do you hope and wait for them to tell you more?

If something is vague, do you ask a question about it or do you hope and wait for them to tell you more?

I misspoke, you are using a vague definition of super hero when in fact it is a very clear and concise word.

That said, let's get to our judges!!!

First up, we have a familiar poster of the mod community...KEL!!!

Here is what Kel had to say:

Marvel submission 8
DC submission 6

1. Keep my attention.

The first one did that...from beginning to end.
The second lost my interest, because it had nothing familiar to it that would keep all audiences' interest...

2. Keep to the subject, these were "keyboard cat videos"

The first kept it on screen 100% of the time. The cat owned the video, the second one seemed that it was thrown in last minute.

3. Hit a wide demographic...

The first did that...the second would hit only those familiar with the characters they chose.

Score:

Marvel - 8
DC - 6

:awesome:

For those interested, here is my video. Keep in mind I have never done this before.

[YT]mSGixpBYBH4[/YT]

Our second judge is a guy, whom has been active in this thread despite not actually deciding to play. And he's a filthy rebootist! :cmad:

Give it up, for JustABill!!!

JustABill had this to say:

Marvel

Guys, this is a great idea in principal, but it's just not cutting it, I'm sorry. The picture and picture totally took me out of it.

5/10

DC

This is god. Anytime I can see Keyboard Cat relish in the fact Goro just got punched in the go-nads? Fantastic! :awesome:

8/10

Total Score:

Marvel - 13
DC - 14

NAILBITER!!!

I'm not confused. I just told you. Those aren't superpowered beings that I listed. Bugs Bunny isn't superpowered. The cast of Futurama isn't superpowered. Sure, they are freaks. And they had the superhero episode, but in the end none of those applied.

For those interested, here is my video. Keep in mind I have never done this before.

[YT]mSGixpBYBH4[/YT]

Now see this is great...I would have given it a 9 or 10.:up:

I'm not confused. I just told you. Those aren't superpowered beings that I listed. Bugs Bunny isn't superpowered. The cast of Futurama isn't superpowered. Sure, they are freaks. And they had the superhero episode, but in the end none of those applied.

You're proving my point. One could say the same about Mortal Kombat characters.

Our last judge, but certainly not the least is a furry little friend of mine. You won't see them much during the winter!

Give it up for...THE SQUIRREL!!!

The Squirrel had this to say:

Oh my... what an awful disappointment from both teams.

First... Marvel? What the heck? Where's the funny? That gag? The punch line? I want to laugh! Not be horrified (again) at Peter's crotch swinging. Bad form.

DC. Well... you had a punch line. :dull: But I was still not amused. At least your character was played off to his death. So you rank slightly higher.

Marvel: 2

DC: 2.5

That is HARSH!!! That makes the final score:

Marvel - 15!
DC - 16.5!

TEAM DC WINS THE CHALLENGE!!!

Yet another close challenge that Marvel loses. You guys are like Marino in a big game! Anyways, you have a date with tribal council!

DC, you have earned yet ANOTHER Power-Up...PM coming

I often wonder why anyone in their right mind would host one of these things...

*shakes head and walks out of thread*

COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:csad:

I'm not in my right mind :csad:

yay! Thanks judges.

Really good work Hench AND Kal. We were lucky to have you two to make such good videos for us to choose from :)

wow my post showed up mega late :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"