SHH! Survivor 28: I'm a Marvel, I'm a DC Issue #6..I'm Erzengel - One Shot!

Discussion in 'The Hype Archives' started by Erzengel, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Valentine's Day is a stupid holiday. Seriously, it is only intended to get you to fuel the economy with the social obligation of buying candy/gifts. It's like Christmas, only lamer cause at least you can get a Christmas bonus.

Spontaneous gifts are much more rememberful to me than one I get on a social obligation.

2. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

If only somebody would have gave Spider-Fan a Valentine's Day card at school. :csad:

[​IMG]

#52 Erzengel, Feb 12, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  3. ComicChick I Work Too Much

rememberful?

4. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

The world can be a cruel place :csad:

5. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

It's going to be a word in a few years, you watch :o

6. chaseter Esteemed Member

Erz, your screen cap capabilities scare me but also make me admire you.

7. Marx Pixelated

I just wanted to remind everyone that the Hype! Survivor Alumni groups section has been updated to include the players of the current edition - I'm a Marvel, and I'm a DC. If you have played the game previously, or are currently playing, YOU ARE AN ALUMNI.

You can add yourself to the group by clicking here or following the link in POWdER-man's signature.

8. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Tick tock.

9. chaseter Esteemed Member

On the clock but the party don't stop no...uh oh uh oh, uh oh uh oh.

10. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Til the ah tick tock you don't stop.....

11. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Welcome to Issue #6, Challenge Thread. Once again I'm Erzengel.

Anywho, one of the challenges that I like to credit myself with "creating" is the Survivor Scavenger Hunt Challenge. (I never saw it being used, until I first hosted.)

So what is the Scavenger Hunt Challenge? Well first you are going to need a camera. Camera? You mean you are are going to have to get off your ass? Yes my little padawans, if you want to win this, you are going to have to put some effort into this.

Secondly, you are going to have to print this image:
    [​IMG]

Next you are going to have to use your camera and include that calling card to take various pictures of some somewhat unique items.

Next, take those pictures and host them on photoshop, imageshack, etc., and send me the links.

The team with the most points based on the items proposed wins. Simple no? Yes? Well let's make it a little tougher with some RULES.

RULES

• The calling card must be in each picture. No calling card, no points.
    • If I feel that the picture, is photoshopped in any way, I reserve the right to discount the entry.
    • Feel free to be creative but in the end I decide what's going to be counted. (Example: If I want a picture of you at Universal Studios, I won't accept a picture of you from 2007 next to the calling card and taking a picture of that)
    • There should be 7 players on Team DC and 5 players on Team Marvel. Sure that's lopsided but it should thrive you to win.
    • You are allowed up to 15 pictures. No more. The team with the highest points based on their 15 pictures wins Immunity. Obviously they must be 15 different items as well. I can't believe I have to say that. :o
    • You must post your pictures in a thread in your forum saying Issue #6 Challenge Thread Submission.
    • You are allowed to substitute pictures, however on top of each picture must be the word. Substitution
    • I will be posting your work in the Community Forum, so if you are camera shy and don't want your picture shown, you won't get the points.
    • If there is a rule I forgot, or something I overlooked, I reserve the right to make a decision and add it to the Challenge. Look, let's not ruin it by arguing semantics.
    Well I think I knocked most of the fun out of this already, so let's take a look at the items.

ITEMS
    1. A comic book character statue. 2 points (3 points, life size)
    2. A copy of Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever and Batman and Robin on DVD. 2 points, (4 Points for it on VHS)
    3. A picture of a commercial sign with your username. 2 points (Street signs count) (4 points if you can find my name)
    4. A picture of the IMAX screen showing Avatar. 4 points
    5. Marvel or DC bobbleheads. 2 points
    6. A picture of you dressed as a Marvel or DC Character (must have a sign that says who you are. For example, I'm JewishHobbit). 4 points (No Jokers allowed, actually if you're a Joker negative - 4 points. LOL)
    7. A picture of you with someone dressed as a Marvel or DC Character. (you don't need a sign saying you're usernamen for this one) 3 points (4 points if the character is female, 6 points if it's at Universal or a Six Flags or other amusement park)
    8. A picture of some sort of comics memorabilia weapon like Cap's shield, Wolverine's claws, Hulks fists, Thor's hammer, etc.) 3 points
    9. A picture of a comic video game ending on any video game console (no youtube). 4 points (Just take a picture of the tv screen)
    10. A picture of at least 10 comic book action figures. 2 points (If it's 10 figures displayed, out of their original boxes, 3 points)
    11. A picture of a comic book store. 2 points (A worker from the store holding the sign, 4 points. Worker must have some sort name tag, OR be behind the register)
    12. A hand drawn picture of you as a Marvel or DC character. 3 points (In color, 4 points)
    13. Comic book underwear. 2 points, someone wearing it, 4 points)
    14. Animation Cel 2 points (Signed by anyone, 3 points)
    15. A copy of the first comic book appearance of any of the following: Avengers, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Captain America, X-Men, Wolverine, Spider-Man, Iron Man, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Fantastic Four 3 points (If it's in one of those professional graded plastics, 4 points)
    16. A make shift Batman signal, use flashlights, head lights anything. 3 points
    17. A picture of a tv showing the Big Bang Theory showing any character with a comic book character shirt. 3 points
    18. Comic or TPB of one of my favorite storylines. The Dark Knight or Batman Year One 2 points (Justice League Tower of Babel 3 points)
    19. A picture of a Marvel or DC roller coaster. 4 points (You on it, 6 points) (You don't need to add a sign saying who you are for this one.)
    20. A phone booth 4 points
    The challenge beings at 11:00 AM EST Wednesday and shall end Saturday 11:00 PM EST Saturday. I will consider extending the deadline because of Valentine's day/President's Day or just because if you got snow dumpted on you today.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

You can use this thread as a discussion thread if you like, remember I want a separate submission thread for this challenge. Good Luck, everyone.

12. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Team DC's Submission:

A picture of at least 10 comic book action figures. 2 points (If it's 10 figures displayed, out of their original boxes, 3 points)

[​IMG]

A picture of a tv showing the Big Bang Theory showing any character with a comic book character shirt. 3 points

[​IMG]

Comic book underwear. (2 points, someone wearing it, 4 points)

[​IMG]

A picture of a comic video game ending on any video game console (no youtube). 4 points (Just take a picture of the tv screen)

[​IMG]

A comic book character statue. 2 points (3 points, life size)

[​IMG]

#62 Erzengel, Feb 13, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  13. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Please, the party don't start til I walk in :o

14. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Marvel or DC bobbleheads. 2 points

[​IMG]
    A hand drawn picture of you as a Marvel or DC character. 3 points (In color, 4 points)

[​IMG]
    A make shift Batman signal, use flashlights, head lights anything. 3 points

[​IMG]
    Comic or TPB of one of my favorite storylines. The Dark Knight or Batman Year One 2 points (Justice League Tower of Babel 3 points)

[​IMG]

Animation Cel 2 points (Signed by anyone, 3 points)

[​IMG]

15. JewishHobbit Registered

Small pictures are your friend.

16. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Team DC's Total Points: 29

Not bad. Not great. Let's see if only doing 10 out of 15 is going to hurt you.

17. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

18. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Wats is a better artist than me :csad:

19. Watson Ninja delivery girl

Damn I'm impressed. Who got the Amazing Fantasy pic?

20. ComicChick I Work Too Much

watson i love your personal sketch, you look like bella

21. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Final Submission: Part 2:

11) The finish scene of Video Game (Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance) - 4 points
    http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r62/stref2001/MK5.jpg
    [​IMG]

12) Player wearing Hero Undies - 4 points
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/JewishHobbit/SurvUndies.jpg
    [​IMG]

13) JH dressed as hero - 4 points
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/JewishHobbit/SurvRor.jpg
    [​IMG]

14) Comic Book Store - owner - 4 points
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/JewishHobbit/media5.jpg
    [​IMG]

15) Comic Book character statue (life size) - 3 points
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/JewishHobbit/media6.jpg
    [​IMG]

22. Matt IKYN Guy Groupie

Its a reprint, Wats. It came with the Spider-Man DVD collector edition.

#72 Matt, Feb 13, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  23. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

I was about to find out who took that pic and steal their copy...but if it is a reprint :o

24. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Team Marvel's Total Points: 60

Team Marvel has made this Challenge it's woman. :eek:

I'm very impressed with what they did. I accepted their reprint as I did not specify that it couldn't be.

So Team Marvel gains immunity.

Team DC is going to challenge and rightfully so. If you are given 15 items, 10 items don't cut it AND you had 2 more people to help you guys out. :cmad:

Expect your Council PM within the hour.

Again, Team Marvel GREAT JOB. Way to make people dress up AND gave force some employee to take a picture. :up:

25. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Congrats Marvel!

I'll send the Power-Up list to you guys in just a moment :)