SHH! Survivor 31 - Oscar Night - Best Original Score

Discussion in 'The Hype Archives' started by Nirvana, Sep 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sakuraba Seer of Visions

I didn't say it would be chaotic, but I'm not sure how I'd play this challenge if I were in the game. Each player has to look at their place in this game, look at the jury, and look at who they'll want in the top three with them.

I don't know, it's going to be interesting.

2. Ultra Lantern In Darkest Night!

Sounds good.

3. Sakuraba Seer of Visions

It's also my right to say it's a flaw in the game. If you read closely, I clearly said it was my opinion. I wasn't trying to pass it off as fact.

I completely recognize that it added a unique element to the game and I enjoyed playing under those rules. I just don't think Immunity should ever be a position that can hurt you as a player.

4. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

But, it always can hurt you as a player. That's my point.

5. Gotham Knight Watchful Protector

You were liable to be voted out, at those same tribal councils you claim you needed to be a part of. Not to mention the important thing, which is you're only one vote. And I know which two alliances you were in during this game. A lot of those people in those alliances, wouldn't do the same for you. Because simply, they didn't trust you as much as some of their "allies" as you put it.

If I'm in an 8 man alliances, that's all good, I'll stay true to my word like I did the entire game. I fought for everyone I promised to fight for to help them stay in the game, and keep them out of danger. But eventually, there comes a point where you're the odd man out.

Heck, it happened to me. You know that one alliance you were in? I thought I was a part of that alliance too. Turns out, I was. But just in a "mini-alliance". Apparently I was one of the odd men/women out, and I had two guys who I hadn't even talked to before the game, watching my back. And they ended up voting me out week 1.

And that's not even opinion. That's just absurd. You're claiming that safety can hurt you as a player?

6. Sakuraba Seer of Visions

Look at what happened to bullets. Immunity hurt him.

7. Gotham Knight Watchful Protector

How did him winning immunity hurt "him"?

8. Sakuraba Seer of Visions

Okay, it's round 7, one the most critical votes in the game. UL, bullets, and I are tight. The other four are tight too, but only three will go to tribal council.

I was the target, and ByrdMan was the target. Bullets was probably going to be safe anyway. That's not the point though.

Bullets throws the challenge, and we force a 3-3 tie at tribal council. Maybe I win, maybe ByrdMan wins.

Instead, bullets wins immunity. I, his closet ally, am left to the wolves. Now bullets doesn't have numbers, now he has to win every immunity to stay in the game. He doesn't win immunity the next round and he's voted out. The worst thing that could have happened to him if he doesn't win immunity is the same thing that happened because he won immunity. It happens.

9. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Actually, bullets lost a tie-breaker.

10. Sakuraba Seer of Visions

I'm not sure why you're trying to jump on me but I'm not even going to argue with you about my alliances, who I was with, whatever, because you're obviously operating on hearsay you've gathered from the grapevine.

I was fortunate at points in this game and at the end I was unfortunate. In the middle there I did play the game pretty well. That's my piece.

11. Sakuraba Seer of Visions

I stand corrected but there is a good chance that there wouldn't have been a tiebreaker that round if he doesn't win immunity the previous round. It all comes down to who would've won the tiebreaker the previous round.

12. Gotham Knight Watchful Protector

At this point, we all know who worked with who for the most part. We all know of the Super Alliance as I like to call it. Everyone was in it, we all know that. It might be through the grapevine, but it's true. Even then, that has nothing to do with the point he's making.

Despite what you're saying, even with you gone. bullets got two chances to stay in the game. And you could make an argument maybe, maybe, that he wasn't in total control of winning a team based challenge. But if he got a Tie-Breaker, then he needed to put up his dukes(which I'm sure he did), and fight to win it. You're making excuses. It's simple, if you want to win this game, you have to fight for it at some point or another. It's not all about numbers.

13. Sakuraba Seer of Visions

I did fight for it. I didn't fight for challenges, because, again, I didn't think that was best for ME in the long run. But I scrambled my ass off to stick around. You can go back and read what JH wrote about the offer that was made to him. He should have taken it then, regardless of what he knows now. He didn't, I wasn't good enough to convince him, and I lost.

14. Gotham Knight Watchful Protector

If you had won immunity, you wouldn't have had to convince him. Because you wouldn't have been at Tribal Council in the first place.

But honestly, you say that JH made the wrong choice. I'm not sure he did. I'm not accusing anyone, but looking at my situation, the reason I was voted out is because those that supposedly had my back, turned on me/let me down. So maybe he turned down a deal that wouldn't have been upheld, to stick with another deal that didn't hold up. And I'm not calling you a liar or anything like that, but it's Survivor after all, from his viewpoint, who's to say you or anyone else would have upheld their part of the deal?

15. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

I love drama :twisted:

16. Sakuraba Seer of Visions

He, himself, said it was a better deal back on page 5. He chose loyalty. That's fine, I'm not hating the man or anything. I'm just explaining the situation as it was and is remembered.

Winning immunity would have kept me safe for one round. I would have needed an improbable immunity run because all of my enemies would still be in the game. The percentages were better for us to throw the challenge that round and vote as a block.

Maybe it was the wrong move, maybe I could have won that challenge (despite the others clearly cheating) and maybe I could have weaseled my way further in the game. I don't know, and I'll never know, but at the time it was the right play. It just got botched.

I'm off to bed now. This thread has been a blast.

17. twylight One And Only

I didn't want you to go and was a bit upset when my name was thrown in to force a tie (No offense UL). Probably wouldn't have voted JH out if you'd stayed.

Go go Matt! :up:

#167 twylight, Sep 24, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  18. JewishHobbit Registered

My complete guess on if byrd would have went home that week instead of sakuraba....

I would have still clung to CC but worked to pull numbers on our side. I would have likely tried to pull twy and bullets into a final 4 deal with me and CC and I think I might have had enough sway with them to do it. The next vote out, depending on immunity, would have likely been sakuraba and then Ultra Lantern. I then would have fought to protect CC in the final four and by together throwing the challenge. I see twy winning that challenge and bullets would have been evicted. Then hopefully either me or CC would win the final challenge and take each other. If twy won it then I don't know who she'd have taken. Without byrd in the game I'd have upped my ally card with her (instead of letting byrd handle everything with her) so hopefully me, but who knows.

At least, that's how I'm guessing it would have turned out.

19. POWdER-man Ancient but wise

I don't mind changes at all, I changed a bunch of things in my Survivor. Some were good ideas...and some were bad. I can live with that and I will freely admit to both.

I also never once said I hated the change, I said I didn't think it was a good idea and gave my reasons on why I thought it was not a good idea in the Jury rounds.

On a side note I tried to ally with my seemingly worst enemy (twice) to reveal a big shocker at the end and it came to bite me on the backside both times.

#169 POWdER-man, Sep 24, 2011
  20. Matt IKYN Guy Groupie

My plan would've worked because I would've backstabbed Marx very early on (probably before the merge). I would use him to gain power, then execute him just to show off how much I had. The plan I had for this game was very psychological. It would've either been the best played game ever or a total disaster. But having two wins, I was willing to experiment a little bit and try a new style. If only Marx agreed. :(

21. POWdER-man Ancient but wise

Yeah in both games I had my opportunity to get rid of SF earlier on, and in one case I almost did if our team didn't win immunity. In hindsight I should have dropped him when I had the chance but I unfortunately gave into loyalty as we made a final two deal before the game even started and knew who was playing in the game.

My worst (and most regretted) mistake was getting rid of Marx as I finally gave in to SF's pressure and his distrust of Marx for weeks. At that point I realized the final three deal we had with the three of us was not going to work out so I had to side with one player over the other. I chose SF as he was my final two deal but I should have been smart enough to realize that he never planned on upholding that deal. I had the majority of votes with Marx and Ahura and could have taken him out with ease. Ahura would have been next probably as he was hardly playing at that point (and Kalel won immunity) and in the final 3 competition I was second behind SF in points so I would have won immunity and would have brought Marx. It would be hard to say who would have won between myself and Marx but I would think it would be close...probably 4-3 vote.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, a third time would take nothing short than the hand of god to make me side with him again.

#171 POWdER-man, Sep 24, 2011
  22. JewishHobbit Registered

That dastardly Spider-Fan!!!

23. POWdER-man Ancient but wise

Darn right!! :cmad:

He steals candy from babies and pushes the elderly down stairs! He also invented the snuggie and help create Jersey Shore.

24. ComicChick I Work Too Much

go to the awards forum and read all the old hype survivor game threads that haven't been lost, you'll see that this game is intense haha and you'll become even more addicted.

you'll also learn its only cheating if you get caught

25. ComicChick I Work Too Much

all i have to say is this; regardless of who makes the final two, i hope people vote on how they played the game, not vindictive payback votes.

you have to look at it all, from challenge play to all the behind the scenes stuff. look at how they performed in challenges, groupwise and individual, whether they turned stuff in, didn't, were consistent, etc. the strategic side is always hard to determine cuz you don't always see what everyone's got cooking behind the scenes and sometimes what you think is the real deal is anything but.

the final 2 Q&A will be a big determinate of who should win, and it should be. anyone who has ever allied with me before knows that i pride myself on challenges and hate the backstabbing stuff. anyone who has ever allied with SF knows he loves the behind the scenes strategic stuff (and drama) more lol. you don't always have to be a backstabber to win, and you don't always have to be saintly to win either.

so whoever makes it to final 2, all i ask of the jury is to look at the game as a whole and decide who you think played better. and to the rest of the players still in, best of luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.