Hype Survivor SHH! Survivor 31: Oscar Night - Irving G. Thalberg Memorial Award

frig i shouldve read some more carefully

Sakuraba!

. Chocolat and Pee Wee's Big Adventure
2. Silence of the Lambs
3. Crash
4. Laurence Olivier. 23?
5. I think it was four. The year of the streaker? I can't think of any of them.

6. Adrien Brody / Halle Berry
7. Heath Ledger / The Joker / The Dark Knight
8. Cuba Gooding Jr and I dont know
9. Jack Palance
10. Christian Bale
11. James Bond. It was Live and Let Die for Paul. It was The Spy Who Loved Me (keeping all my secrets safe toooonight!) for Carly, and uh, Moonraker for Sheena?
12. When Cove's Cry
13. Midnight Cowboy!
14. Frankie Ford Coppola
15. The Wrestler - Boss Springsteen
16. Halloween / Rear Window / Nightmare on Elm Street / Shakespeare in Love
17. Hahaha. Marlon Brando and Robert De Niro for Vito Androlini aka Vito Corleone.
18. 2008. The, uh, 85th ceremony?
19. Kodak Theater
20. That's a confusing question. Uh, Kevin Costner for Dances with Wolves?
21. Ben Hur
22. Hugh Jackman
23. American Beauty

24. McGregor / Neeson / Portman / Samuel L. / and Terrence Stamp?
25. Cameron and K.Bigelow (hawt!)... Avatar and The Hurt Locker
27. Meryl Streep or Jack... let's go with Meryl Streep
28. Chevy Chase
29. Ted Danson
30. All the President's Men / Frost/Nixon? That counts right?
Total correct: 8

Byrd Man!

1. These two movie were nominated for 11 Oscars and did not win a single one.

L.A. Confidential and Gangs of New York

2. This movie is the only Best Picture winner that features the Wilhelm Scream twice, the movie?

Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

3. What won Best Picture the year the Nielsen ratings were 29.64%?

Godfather II

4. Who holds the record for the most Oscar Nominations and how many nominations did he receive and win?

Walt Disney. Nominated 20 times, won 19 times.

5. Who were all the hosts the year with the most hosts?

Steve Martin, Billy Crystal, Alec Baldwin, Whoopie Goldberg, and Jon Stewart.

6. On stage, who was the Best Actor winner and who did he lock lips with at the 75th Academy Awards?

I think that was the one where Adrian Brody won and made out with Halley Berry.

7. Who is the only actor is Oscar history to win an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor posthumously and for which role and movie?

Heath Ledger for playing Joker in The Dark Knight

8. Two years in a row two actors won Best Supporting Actor without ever having been nominated before, who are they?

Morgan Freeman and Anthony Hopkins.

9. Shortly after his Oscar win, this actor proceeded to drop to the floor and do pushups, who did this?

Clint Eastwood.

10. Host Jon Stewart quipped that the makeup department did a great job making this guy look like he got in a fight, who was he talking about?

Hilary Swank.

11. Paul McCartney, Carly Simon and Sheena Easton were each nominated for Best Song for this popular franchise, which three movies?

The Bond films Live and Let Die, The Spy Who Loved Me, and Moonraker.

12. When The Cove won its Oscar for best Documentary, dolphin activist Ric O'Barry held a sign stating what?

Tuna is Murder

13. What is the only movie to win Best Picture that was rated X?

Midnight Cowboy.

14. Who is the director that when he received his Irving G. Thalberg Memorial Award simply replied with “Thank you”?

Hitchcock.

15. “But I know exactly where I'm going” are the lyrics to which Oscar Nominated song from which movie?

"Hard Out Here For A Pimp" from Hustle & Flow

16. Only four Horror Movies have ever been nominated for Best Picture, they are?

Vertigo, The Exorcist, The Birds, and Psycho

17. Which two actors won Oscars for portraying the same character and which character?

Marlon Brando and Robert De Niro for playing Don Vito Corleone.

18. In which ceremony did the Academy recently present all four of the acting awards to non-American actors?

The 22nd.

19. Which theater is the Academy Awards broadcasted from?

Staples Center

20. Who is the only actor to win two Oscars in the same year for the same performance in the same film?

Alec Guinness in that movie where he played like eight different roles.

21. What was the first movie to win Best Picture in Color?

Gone With the Wind.

22. On Oscar night and in song, who did Will Farrell claimed he won’t “fight” because he’s pretty “badass”?

Mark Wahlberg.

23. Which Best Picture winner made $132,384,315 at the Domestic Box Office?

Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

24. Which five actors from Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace has been nominated in acting categories?

Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman, Keira Knightly Samuel L. Jackson, and Liam Neeson.

25. Which Ex-Husband and Wife were nominated the same year for directing and for what movies?

James Cameron and Kathryn Bigelow, Avatar and Hurt Locker

26. What was the first movie to win Best Animated Feature?

Fantasia

27. Who is the most nominated person still living today?

Meryl Streep.

28. Who is the host of the 84th Academy Awards?

Eddie Murphy.

29. "Oprah. Uma. Uma. Oprah.", who delivered this terribly unfunny joke?

Whoopie Goldberg

30. What two movies revolving the Watergate Scandal were nominated for Best Picture?

All the President's Men and Frost/Nixon
Total correct: 11

ComicChick!

The Color Purple and Turning Point

2. This movie is the only Best Picture winner that features the Wilhelm Scream twice, the movie?
Beauty & the Best

American Beauty

4. Who holds the record for the most Oscar Nominations and how many nominations did he receive and win?
Walt Disney, 59 Nominations, 26 wins

James Stewart, Bob Hope, David Niven, Jack Lemmon, Rosalind Russell, Donald Duck

6. On stage, who was the Best Actor winner and who did he lock lips with at the 75th Academy Awards?
Adrien Brody, Halle Berry

7. Who is the only actor is Oscar history to win an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor posthumously and for which role and movie?
Heath Ledger, The Dark Knight (no mention of Joker)

8. Two years in a row two actors won Best Supporting Actor without ever having been nominated before, who are they?
Christian Bale and Christoph Waltz

9. Shortly after his Oscar win, this actor proceeded to drop to the floor and do pushups, who did this?
Jack Palance

10. Host Jon Stewart quipped that the makeup department did a great job making this guy look like he got in a fight, who was he talking about?
Will Ferrell

11. Paul McCartney, Carly Simon and Sheena Easton were each nominated for Best Song for this popular franchise, which three movies?
James Bond, For Your Eyes Only, The Spy Who LOved Me, Live and Let Die

12. When The Cove won its Oscar for best Documentary, dolphin activist Ric O'Barry held a sign stating what?
Text Dolphin to 44144

Midnight Cowboy

14. Who is the director that when he received his Irving G. Thalberg Memorial Award simply replied with “Thank you”?
Hitchchock

15. “But I know exactly where I'm going” are the lyrics to which Oscar Nominated song from which movie?
The Princess and the Frog "Almost There"

16. Only four Horror Movies have ever been nominated for Best Picture, they are?
The Silence of the Lambs, The Exorcist, Rebecca, Gaslight

17. Which two actors won Oscars for portraying the same character and which character?
Brando and De Niro (No mention of Vito Corleone)

18. In which ceremony did the Academy recently present all four of the acting awards to non-American actors?
2007 is the most recent

Kodak Theatre

20. Who is the only actor to win two Oscars in the same year for the same performance in the same film?
Harold Russell

Gone With the Wind (ftw!)

22. On Oscar night and in song, who did Will Farrell claimed he won’t “fight” because he’s pretty “badass”?
Mark Wahlberg

The Departed

24. Which five actors from Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace has been nominated in acting categories?
Natalie Portman, Liam Neeson, Ewan McGregor, Terence Stamp, Samuel L Jackson

25. Which Ex-Husband and Wife were nominated the same year for directing and for what movies?
James Cameron Avatar, Katheryn Bigelow The Hurt Locker

Shrek

Walt Disney

Eddie Murphy

Letterman

30. What two movies revolving the Watergate Scandal were nominated for Best Picture?
Frost/Nixon and All the President's Men
Total correct: 21

bullets!
The Turning Point and The Color Purple
The Lord of the RIngs: Return of the King

American Beauty

blank

blank

Adrien Brody , he kissed Halle Berry.

Heath Ledger , the Joker . The Dark Knight

Christopher Waltz and Christian Bale.

Jack Palance.

Russel Crowe

Bond films ; Live and let Die Paul McCartney , The Spy who loved me / Carly Simon , For your eyes only/Sheena Easton

Text Dolphin to 44144

Midnight Cowboy

Alfred Hitchcock

" Almost there "The Princess and the frog

The Sixth Sense , The Exorcist , Jaws , and Silence of the Lambs

Marlon Brando and Robert De Niro played Vito Corleone.

80th Academy awards

The Kodak Theatre

blank

Gone with the Wind
Mark Wahlberg

The Departed

Natalie Portman , Liam Neeson , Terrence Stamp, Kiera Knightley , and trick question?

Katheryn Bigelow / The Hurt Locker and James Cameron / Avatar.

Shrek
Meryl Streep

Eddie Murphy

David Letterman

Frost/Nixon and All the Presidents Men

Total correct: 25

bullets wins immunity!!!! Tribal council PMs will be heading out shortly!

congrats bullets!

sooooo close

Here comes the twist, right Nirvana? We got some cheaters.

I have to say, I'm very impressed that you got the Harold Russell and Walt Disney questions correct. :up:

i know my disney haha and i have really really old parents.

that's why i put beauty and the beast as my answer for the wilhelm scream. i know its in that movie at least twice in gaston scenes but i didn't see "winner" i was thinking a nominee :wall:

I knew I should have cheated more. :cmad:

Text Dolphin to 44144?

There was definitely some googling going on.

That's why the goddamn contest needed to be shorter. :argh:

From week one Rachel was the ONE person I wanted to see leave that house. As the weeks moved forward I couldn't stand any of the veterans save Danielle and Jeff and Rachel most. So who wins what? Rachel wins the game and Jeff wins America's favorite. Bleh. Rachel was a disgusting person and Jeff was so cocky this season that he was repulsive - and I LOVED him during his original season.

Honestly, this has been my least favorite season since I started watching it with All Stars. From the get go my favorites were Keith, Cassie, and Dominic and they were the first 3 out because newbies wouldn't play the game in the slightest. Then Danielle decided to actually play and made it interesting. She pulled Kalia and they started doing awesome but then cowered out and Kalia gave up the chance to get rid of Rachel (who would have come back but gone back out the next week with how it played out) and instead got rid of an ally, the idiot. Danielle, at that point, was the only good player left but she was evicted next. Shelly grew on me fast at that point because I liked her game play but she didn't last long.

By the time it got down to the final 4 it was 3 people I didn't think deserved it and 1 person that I couldn't stand. Honestly, this whole season sucked. I'm glad it's over.

Heh, I am guessing you didn't read any feeds and just watched the show. If you want to talk about disgusting/vicious people Danielle, Cassy, and Kalia are for more disgusting than you can imagine, which is topped off with Shelley who is by far worse than any other player I have ever seen. She puts Ronnie to shame, and the only redeeming thing she did all year was vote for Rachel. One of my favorites is when Rachel sincerely begged for her stuffed animal to be returned and Shelley denied it to her face that she had anything to do with it and in reality she told the cameras that she was planning on cutting it to pieces and lay it on Rachel's pillow. So yeah...

BB leaves out a lot (obviously) that happens during the week so you only get to see what they want you to. :)

Btw, congrats on the win Bullets. :up:

Last edited:
All votes are in...results coming shortly.

Heh, I am guessing you didn't read any feeds and just watched the show. If you want to talk about disgusting/vicious people Danielle, Cassy, and Kalia are for more disgusting than you can imagine, which is topped off with Shelley who is by far worse than any other player I have ever seen. She puts Ronnie to shame, and the only redeeming thing she did all year was vote for Rachel. One of my favorites is when Rachel sincerely begged for her stuffed animal to be returned and Shelley denied it to her face that she had anything to do with it and in reality she told the cameras that she was planning on cutting it to pieces and lay it on Rachel's pillow. So yeah...

BB leaves out a lot (obviously) that happens during the week so you only get to see what they want you to. :)

I've watched live feeds for one season (the one Dick won) and I felt it ruined it for me. It was interesting to watch but the show itself became boring because there was no suspense. So I decided to just not bother with it anymore.

As for everyone being vicious to Rachel... so what. She's spent two seasons being absolutely disgusting and now people are that way to her and they're so bad? I've heard peopel talking about that and I just can't bring myself to care.

my finger is numb from F5ing

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"