Shia Labeouf says he's done making big studio movies...

Pretty bold statement to make at such a young age. He'll break his word sooner or later. Count on it.

I'm sure he made a bunch of money with Transformers, but in the process lost his acting credibility.

He also banged Megan Fox.

I think he realized in the two franchises he was most notable for that nobody actually really like him in them.

Stuff like him claiming he did megan fox also turned the public even more against him.

Shia needs to just hurry up and do his Cage film....then leave.

Turns out those comments injured his relationship with Spielberg, who produced several of LaBeouf’s films, including Transformers.

Bad move.
It's because of SPielberg that Shia got his big break. For some reason Spielberg saw some talent in him and cast him in movies he directed/produced.
Disturbia , TF and Indy 4.

Is he referring to himself as a visionary? :rolleyes:

Man I hate people like him. It's like people who win the X Factor and then whine because no one will take them seriously as an artist.

If you cared that much about it, you wouldn't have done it in the first place.

Don't look back and try and blame your career on other people. Just own it. Have a sense of humour about it. See it for what it is - the financial building block of the rest of your career that you should be damn well grateful for!

I don't get the Shia hate, never will. Not that I love him as an actor or anything.

I don't love the dude, nor do I hate him. He never really bugged me. If you've seen his more lowkey roles, he has chops, I think it's just cool to hate him.

I don't really hate him as an actor, but I do want him to stay away from the Indy franchise. I hate the Mutt character.

There won't be another Indy movie so Shia in fact killed that franchise.

oh please it's not like shia wrote that piece of sh**. if anyone killed the franchise it was Spielberg and Lucas.

Someone doesn't understand sarcasm.

But for realsies, Mutt ruined that movie.

you could try using a sarcasm smiley, I can't exactly read your facial expressions lol.

I was excited to read this thread, until I noticed the words "big studio" were in there ...

I'm on my phone...no smileys for me.

Also...didn't Megan Fox say he had a little wiener? I know someone did.

I didn't mind Mutt, I liked the style they went for with him. It's definitely not the reason Indy 4 was a failure.

They just need to make another Even Stevens movie already. I miss Louis Stevens.

I still don't get why he was cast in Lawless. He looks so out of place in the billing. You have all these amazing actor names, Hardy, Oldman, Pearce, Chastain... and then... LABEOUF! Sighh.

I guess he could prove me wrong and be unexpectedly great, but I kind of doubt it.

Early reviews for Lawless are kind of meh. The film will likely get destroyed by the critics when it comes out, and LaBeouf wouldn't be the reason for it.

Early reviews for Lawless are kind of meh. The film will likely get destroyed by the critics when it comes out, and LaBeouf wouldn't be the reason for it.

From what I'm reading, LaBeouf fizzles when he's put up against Hardy, Oldman and Pearce (no surprise). The writing has been the most criticized aspect of the film though.

Thus far, Lawless sounds like a C+ film but critics are critics. I'll see for myself.

From what I'm reading, LaBeouf fizzles when he's put up against Hardy, Oldman and Pearce (no surprise). The writing has been the most criticized aspect of the film though.

Thus far, Lawless sounds like a C+ film but critics are critics. I'll see for myself.

Frankly I am not impressed by any of them from the trailer, and I really like Oldman as an actor. On top of the criticisms about the plot, the set, artistic direction and cinematography look absolutely terrible. At certain shots it's almost like they're filming at Wild Wild West section of the Universal Studios theme park or something.

If an actor doesn't want to make big budget movies....all he has to do is say no when they ask him....so announcing to the world that you are not going to do it anymore is just a lame excuse to get yourself talked about in the media.

If an actor doesn't want to make big budget movies....all he has to do is say no when they ask him....so announcing to the world that you are not going to do it anymore is just a lame excuse to get yourself talked about in the media.

Eh, you aren't wrong. I don't hate Shia but I don't like him much either. He is annoying in big budget movies anyway so he won't be missed for the two or three years he takes off from playing in big films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"