Shooting at a Santa Fe, TX high school

Here we go again. :(

This is practically in my backyard. Like a 15 minute drive. I’ve driven past it many times on my way to my grandma’s. Hits pretty close to home

We're numb at this point. I'm wondering now if it's not so much a gun culture with these kids but a way to be infamous after they're done, since we put so much of their profile out there and they become martyrs in their own heads.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what more can be said or debated. The cycle just continues.

Such a shame. R.I.P. :(

Clip from an interview I saw on twitter with one of the students:

Reporter: "Was there a part of you that was like, 'this isn't real, this would not happen in my school?'"

Student: "No ... it's been happening everywhere, I always kind of felt like eventually it was going to happen here too."

Pretty chilling. I'd link to it but there's profanity in the comments.

That's kinda how I feel about it as well, I'm glad I'm not in school anymore because I can't help but feel it's inevitable that it will happen somewhere close to me sooner or later. It's terrifying how this has become expected rather than unthinkable.

Sounds like another case of a dip**** parent, thought her son was being bullied severely and was pretty unstable, and didn't keep her legally-bought weapon locked away. Borderline Sandy Hook levels of negligence.

This comment disturbs me as well because of how true it is. This is a major societal problem at this point.

We're numb at this point. I'm wondering now if it's not so much a gun culture with these kids but a way to be infamous after they're done, since we put so much of their profile out there and they become martyrs in their own heads.

I think it's more this than anything. They want their ten minutes of fame. :(

This comment disturbs me as well because of how true it is. This is a major societal problem at this point.

Yup.

Equally as disturbing to me are all the comments that followed calling her a crisis actor and saying she was reading from a script. People don't want to face the fact that their ideologies might actually be flawed, so conspiracies and shadow organizations are made up.

Everything is a false flag to them

Geez, now this kid had bombs, too. :(

They're saying a second student is in custody....they call him an "accomplice" but not a shooter.

This is practically in my backyard. Like a 15 minute drive. I’ve driven past it many times on my way to my grandma’s. Hits pretty close to home

We lived about 3 miles from Stoneman Douglas a few years ago. Pretty soon almost everybody will sadly be able to say "that's not far from where I live.

And now it's a countdown till the next one. Also annoying that these last few seem to want to live and "be famous" -- it seems like before these guys were almost always planning to die. At 17 he'll probably get life and have decades as some forgotten loser in a cage.

Fu**....Fu**...

I got school age kids, not high school yet but this is really making me consider home schooling them. And before anyone chimes in with “well they aren’t THAT common”, I’m right between the Heath Shooting from ‘97 and the Marshall County shooting earlier this year. I’m sure it’ll be thoughts and prayers and gun control, and then it’ll be forgotten in a week until the next thing happens. We need to actually do something USA.

So some moron citizen shows up at the scene with an American flag, a MAGA hat and a pistol in a holster offering prayers.

Talk about the very definition of "tone deaf"

Last edited:
The US government might consider doing something about this kind of event when enough parents are homeschooling their kids that real schools are basically empty.

The US government might consider doing something about this kind of event when enough parents are homeschooling their kids that real schools are basically empty.

No, whoever was in charge would pretend they solved the problem of school violence.

No, whoever was in charge would pretend they solved the problem of school violence.

Probably true.

Then again, school shootings would probably just plummet and neighborhood shootings would skyrocket.

Yea, they'll do something alright: funnel all the tax money they would still collect into frivolous uses.

I saw a video of the student.

It makes me wonder if anyone will push for metal detectors in these types of schools.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"