Shooting Rumor at my High School

Spidey-Bat

Ours is the Fury
Reaction score
Earlier this week, there was a rumor going around that there would be a shooting in school on Thursday April 20th (anniversary of Columbine and Hitler's b-day). Teachers found out and my principal found out as well. We're supposed to have police in the school and outside. After Columbine in 1999, my high school was ranked as one of the most likely to have an incident like Columbine due to the similarities (I recall Tom Brokaw came and did a Dateline special at my school, talking with the principal, students, teachers, etc.).

I'm contemplating going tomorrow. I doubt anything will happen with all the security meaures taken, but you can never be too sure. I can think of some kids who would do something like this. I'll probably end up playing hookey b/c my mom is really shaken by this and my parents told me prior I can take a day off whenever since I have perfect attendance all year.

I think if there was really going to be a shooting, the people who would do it would be smart enough not to get a rumor started.

Holy hell, it's Hitler's birthday tomorrow and the anniversary of Columbine? I completely forgot.

Is this a way of trying to keep people in fear? No one is going to get stupid and actually tell someone that they'll shoot up a school. :rolleyes:

I understand your parents being cautious though. A year after Columbine we had a similiar event at our school. A rumor began with someone saying they'll come to school with guns and they have a list of students; as you can imagine word got around, and the school was and has a total of 1500 students and only 500 showed up that day.

I was one of the 1500 who didn't show up. I doubt anything is going to happen though, because I mean seriously, who really uses Columbine as inspiration to shoot up a school anymore?

I say go to school, you dont wanna be that pansy boy who stayed home the day of the shooting. And if you get shot, you get mad ho's. And if you die, well you dont die a *****.:confused:

I agree with AndThePickels. There was a rumor a while back about a huge fight at my school between large gangs. Numerous Police should up: nothing happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"