Should a famous singer contribute to the film's soundtrack?

If Garbage isn't on the soundtrack I'll be very sad.

I kind of want Brie Larson herself to sing something for the movie, like the end credits song. She's a good singer so why not?

Well now I think it would be fun to have some 90's music. Carol's a rebellious type so less poppy stuff, more alt-rock/grunge as that was the "rebel" sound of the 90's. I agree with SwiftFox that Garbage would be a good place to start. And if we stick with female voices, throw in some PJ Harvey, Bjork, Fiona Apple, Alanis Morrisette, Sonic Youth, etc.

Last edited:
Well now I think it would be fun to have some 90's music. Carol's a rebellious type so less poppy stuff, more alt-rock/grunge as that was the "rebel" sound of the 90's. I agree with SwiftFox that Garbage would be a good place to start. And if we stick with female voices, throw in some PJ Harvey, Bjork, Fiona Apple, Alanis Morrisette, Sonic Youth, etc.

I am at this point thinking they will do everything they can to make this film have large similarities to GOTG, including having a murderers row of era appropriate popular songs on the soundtrack.

I am at this point thinking they will do everything they can to make this film have large similarities to GOTG, including having a murderers row of era appropriate popular songs on the soundtrack.
While I'm generally not a fan of the "well this worked, so let's make everything like that now!" mentality, I can't say I'd be opposed in this instance.

Lorde or Sia, though probably Beyoncee would do a song. Keep Taylor and Katy away from this.

Just use the Spice Girls' song. They are 90s icons.

20936381.gif

Iron Man had AC/DC

This movie has a 90s setting. They should go with a female vocalist from that time period.

They should definitely take advantage of the great music that the 90s provided.

I'm with KRYPTON on the Spice Girls suggestion, lol.

I'm with KRYPTON on the Spice Girls suggestion, lol.

What would be your pick for songs that should be used in the trailers?

My choices would be:

[YT]JgffRW1fKDk[/YT]

[YT]qyVSKydUxKk[/YT]

[YT]KAGymYKxQ4s[/YT]

[YT]ilKcXIFi-Rc[/YT]

What would be your pick for songs that should be used in the trailers?

My choices would be:

[YT]JgffRW1fKDk[/YT]
Ha, I forgot about that song! I could definitely see that working in a trailer. And sticking with the Garbage track my mind is on now that someone else suggested them, I could definitely see this one in a trailer:

Also, when I think of 90's trailer music, I think of The Prodigy. But I can't post the ones I'm thinking of due to language in the lyrics, "Firestarter" and "Breathe" being the first ones to come to mind.

OR, if they go for a decidedly more "moody" tone for the trailer - sorta emphasizing the "Earth girl who finds her self in a scary alien world" aspect, I could see this one working:

Of course if they want to emphasize the kitschy '90's aspect they couldn't go wrong with "You Oughta Know." Can't post it here again because of lyrics, but ya know, that song just SCREAMS 90's and righteous anger, lol. Or if they want a more upbeat/sentimental vibe for the trailer, then this ol' staple equally screams 90's:

And this was late 90's, but whatever, it's the only Madonna album I've ever loved:

And just because Letters to Cleo are from Boston, lol:

Carol's from Boston and the film is set in the 90s. The correct answer is NKOTB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"