Should Absinthe be legal?

Call me old-fashioned, but I think this level of commercialization is getting way too far from the roots of the historic absinthe experience...

greenfairybombsp3.jpg

I don't even drink and even I find that above can the ***** way to drink absinthe. Sad.

It depends on which you drink . It has to have wormwood in it . I got a bottle from Prague while I was stationed in Germany. I brought it back to the barracks and opened it up . I tried to get other guys to drink with me but they did a shot and said they had a hard time , it didn't go down right or maybe it was the taste. These are guys that would drink bottles of rum and vodka every weekend . So basically i wound up drinking half the bottle that night (which i heard was dangerous ater the fact) . I had one hallucination but it was enough . I saw very vividly nelly has popped up from the cd cover and was dancing and signing the #1 song. Next I headed to the club and could not speak coherantly .Also It felt like I had a hole in my heart that night and for the following week .

I don't think the effects are much more damaging than any other alchohol and it wouldnt be the most popular drink , so I am for legalization of absinthe.

Legalize it or don't; it's a personal choice and doesn't really matter to me...but you're contradicting yourself when you make that last comment about the damage...unless you frequently get the feeling like you've got a hole in your heart for a week with all the liquor you drink. :huh:

Its illegal? but i have it all the time!
People are building it up way too much, its just another alcoholic drink

Because you can't get that **** over here, that's why. Whenever I hear somebody talking about how they went overseas, that's usually the one thing they go on about is the absinthe they had.

You know what?
If you want to have a wild time, skip the froofy candy-drinks and just take 4 hits of acid and down a pint of whiskey as my friends and I used to do.

There can be no debate about whether or not any kind of "special" experience will result.

Absinthe and a little opium are my favorite past times. Too bad the person who used to hook me up with both is now a few states away.

This is question Noir is asking you, should it be legal? I've heard great things.

I remember doing something very stupid in my youth. Mixing Absinthe with GHB.......

Wormwood and Gammahyroxybuterate is not a good idea.

I've had the Czech stuff before. It's alright, but you really need to add the flaming sugar cube to it, plus the ice water, to make it palatable.

I think the popularity of Absinthe centers more around its history and the ritual of preparing it than the actual taste of the drink itself.

The flaming sugar cube is such bull. It's a dirty Czech lie because they don't actually know how to make real Absinthe and so they cover for that fact by adding way too much thujone and then making you burn away most of the alcohol. You need to get the stuff from France, and when you do you need to mix it with a lot of ice water and a bit of sugar. It's meant to be more like a cocktail/wine than a shot thing. ****ing Czech bastards ruined it for everyone and all you tourist bastards bought their filth and lies.:cmad:

If you want real absinthe then I recommend http://www.absintheonline.com/ it's hella expensive but they also insure the bottles they ship to the US so if customs nics yours they either send you another bottle or give you your money back. If you really want absinthe this is the way to do it.

The flaming sugar cube is such bull. It's a dirty Czech lie because they don't actually know how to make real Absinthe and so they cover for that fact by adding way too much thujone and then making you burn away most of the alcohol. You need to get the stuff from France, and when you do you need to mix it with a lot of ice water and a bit of sugar. It's meant to be more like a cocktail/wine than a shot thing. ****ing Czech bastards ruined it for everyone and all you tourist bastards bought their filth and lies.:cmad:

If you want real absinthe then I recommend http://www.absintheonline.com/ it's hella expensive but they also insure the bottles they ship to the US so if customs nics yours they either send you another bottle or give you your money back. If you really want absinthe this is the way to do it.

Thanks for the site.

I think Hollywood is to blame for a lot of the misinformation about the proper preparation of absinthe as well.

When they do decide to legalize it, people are going to be seeing this **** on the regular.

3.jpg

Wow...this **** is legal, and weed somehow isn't? ********. :cmad:

Legalize it or don't; it's a personal choice and doesn't really matter to me...but you're contradicting yourself when you make that last comment about the damage...unless you frequently get the feeling like you've got a hole in your heart for a week with all the liquor you drink. :huh:

I wasn't contradicting myself . I said it felt like i had a hole in my heart for about a week. I don't actually have a hole there as far as i know . Also I've had people tell me they felt the same thing but it was with different liquor . So that is why i feel absinthe isn't more any more damaging than what you can but at the liquor store.

Wasn't it banned in the first place because the chemicals they were using to make it green were really harmful? Outdated laws are annoying. :down

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"