Should Batman have been able to beat Captain America?

I like both characters, but in a stand up fight. Cap would win about 60 to 70 percent of the time.

take from this what u will

IMG_0658.jpg

IMG_0659.jpg

slow down there superman
IMG_0660.jpg

flash? overwhelmed?
IMG_0661.jpg

IMG_0662.jpg

IMG_0663.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/KingMarvin/IMG_0664.jpg

posted this mainly cause it's on the marvel board and one can't blame some ppl for not really knowing both sides of the subject matter

what we have here is batman not only in the field along and against meta's (and not in the shadows)
not only devising battle tactics and contingencies on the spot, seeing what seems to go right over everyone elses head

but he is actually leading without the "being the leader"

which is what tends to happen

in JLA/avengers
cap being appointed leader is more due to the fact that no one trust batman and superman doesn't quite have the mind for it

take away those two draw backs and u have cap...not that he is smarter than bats or more trusted than superman...but a blend

anyhoo

i'm not so sure as to weather bats can take out cap hand to hand...

but i'm not writing him off
(speically with his belt on)

Batman is one of my favorite characters ever. But I know without a doubt that Cap would win. Why? Bats is the worlds greatest detective, he is also one of the world's best fighters. But he's gotten thrown around by some pretty avarage crooks before. Cap on the other hand is the world's greatest fighter, AND tactician. He is all about war and fighting. Bats isn't. Cap also has a leg up on the physical. He is stronger, faster, and more resistant to injury. Cap wins hands down.

I hate when people lie about about their favorite characters.

Cap would eventually win. Like everyone else said, it would be a looong fight when eventually Cap's endurance would win it for him. Then he'd probably help Batman back to the Batcave or something and give him a "thumbs up, soldier."

^ batman would drug him, tazer him, steal his shield and clonk him with it, or back over him with the batmobile. in any event batman refuses to loose. Cap would realize that this was like vietnam, and he would have to back out, because he can't win.

Not funny, at all.

Cap would whoop Batmans ass, and Ult Cap would make Batman his *****. Batman loses to whatever version of Cap.

Batman is a ***** compared to Captain America.

Well he's not a *****, I'm joking about that, but Cap wins 9 out of 10 times.

I think you mean Batman wins 9 out of 10 times.

Well just because of that whatever you say from now on goes the opposite. So that means bats takes it 10 out of 10 times.

I hate to say this but supermarvelman your just too much of a marvel fanboy to see who would actually win which will end up being batman. I'm not saying its going to be easy but in the end bats takes it.

Cap is some 1940s boyscout, Batman would fight dirty.

The whole thing, no way any of it would happen.
oh I though you were PO'ed by the vietnam thing, I was afraid I went to far. As for the rest I love Cap too, but my thing is I have to much loyalty to DC. That and in the political climate we live in right now I have trouble siding with someone who wears the colors of a country that I cannot understand anymore.
but I will agree with you on this. Cap is a kick butt fighter, and I would put money on him against almost anyone. Almost:cwink:

Let me put it this way, if I want to find a criminal, Bats is the best. If I need someone to whup a criminals ass, I'll call Cap. I'm going with the fighter who doesn't tire out.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/KingMarvin/IMG_0664.jpg

posted this mainly cause it's on the marvel board and one can't blame some ppl for not really knowing both sides of the subject matter

what we have here is batman not only in the field along and against meta's (and not in the shadows)
not only devising battle tactics and contingencies on the spot, seeing what seems to go right over everyone elses head

but he is actually leading without the "being the leader"

which is what tends to happen

in JLA/avengers
cap being appointed leader is more due to the fact that no one trust batman
and superman doesn't quite have the mind for it

take away those two draw backs and u have cap...not that he is smarter than bats or more trusted than superman...but a blend

anyhoo

i'm not so sure as to weather bats can take out cap hand to hand...

but i'm not writing him off
(speically with his belt on)

You have to understand, Cap's been the official leader of the Avengers almost imediately since he first joined the team. Not only that, but he's almost always right in the heat of battle while he gives orders. That fight you showed pics of is impressive, but Cap's done the same thing on a much larger scale. During Secret Wars he led a team and had ppl looking to him for guidance against something higher than a cosmic level foe (which was later retconned, but he was higher than cosmic at that point in time) -

Caporders.jpg

charge.jpg

shocked.jpg

More or less, Cap's made a career off of coming up with battle plans, and telling ppl far more powerful than him what to do. There's a reason that Cap is the leader of a team that has had ppl like Thor, Hulk, Wonderman, Iron Man and so on, despite being physically weaker, yet being a must have for any Avengers team.

Not taking anything away from Batman, but Captain America is 'THE' leader in comics IMO. He's a brilliant tactician that can assess any situation almost instantly, and bark out orders and have no one question them.

Cap might not be a Reed level scientist, or overall genius, but he is possibly Marvel's most brilliant tactician (alteast Earth based tactician).

Being able to command a team is not really pertinant to the subject though. It all comes down to mano a mano. In a one on one fight who has it. The boyscout with his shield, or the Dark Knight with all of his gadgets and skills.
I only see it going one way.
gothamknights57_jaelee.jpg

I hate when people lie about about their favorite characters.

I hate when people pretend to be able to read minds. My favorite heros go

1. Spider-Man
2. HULK
3. The Punisher
4. Batman
5. Superman
6. Captain America
7. Wolverine
8. Silver Surfer
9. Blade
10. Iron Man

like i said cap is a better leader than bats and supes because he has both of their strengths and none of their weaknesses..

unlike batman ppl trust him
unlike superman he has a tactical mind

thing is eventho he has both of these traits, he doesn't surpass either character in their own strength...

superman inspires...his crest and uniform go beyond a simple nation, just look @ DC one million if you doubt it

and Batmans analytical mind is second only to Reed/Deathstroke/Xena...
I will never believe that Rogers can Outthink Wayne, never.
i'm not even talking about the many fields he's smart in..
when it comes to tactics and outthinkin an opponet..Batman is the ****.

my point was that the greater reasoning for Cap being made leader in JLavengers, is because cap is a good mix of batman and superman...

just cause no one would follow batman, doesn't mean cap can outthink him!

Also

in pretty much every Joe Kelly JLA issue, batman is in the heat of the battle barking out order every which way.
from issue 61 to even furnus!

Well I guess I'll throw my two bit's in....I'm the bigest Batman fan there is....but I would say that most likelly this would be a fight that would be the hardest ether charther has ever fought and depending on what they were fighting over would most likelly result in death.If it were a fight that left no surrender of no other way out I think that the only way to win would be to kill the other....and Cap's more willing to kill an enemy then Bat's is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"