Should Batman have been able to beat Captain America?

K, now that we can argue respectively, The serum, in my opinion, did't give him massive amounts of speed, if we are going of strength proportions, but that split second, that second where you can just barely not react and the other guys hits you, with about 1000 lbs of force could be the ballgame. Even if batty, in my opinion, knows how to react, with his crazy martial arts, I think caps can react that split second, more than making up for his lack of martial knowledge. Mind you, this is just hand to hand combat, how the gadgets play out, IDK, in my opinion idk how caps would stop the gadgets and such.

respectfully indeed

what u say has alot of weight!

and that (along with his brains and very extensive knowledge) is probubly why deathstroke can take batman 7 out of 10 times(cap ain't no deathstroke)

thing is, deathstroke is hardpressed to take shiva(or conner) down and they're mere mortals
2 of the few who are better than batman.

that says mountians about technique over physical advantage

one of most important philosophies in martial arts(ninjitzu/akido for example) are to use ur opponets strength(s) against them...
the harder cap punches, the further he'll fly...but that's just hearsay

with that i'm off
if u've got anything else to say i'll get to it when i do

later

Well, you seem to be more knowledgable on the subject of Batman an martial arts than I. You are his fanboy, and this term is used out of utmost respect now, just saying you know him well. I took this as a learning experience, and if I think of another idea or something, I'll post it, cause maybe we can both learn from this...

Are you still going Marvin, Jeez let it go. ****in loser.

Again, you seem to not get this through you thinck skull, my comment about not budging was diected, directly at you nobody else, You were stating the same arguements over and over, and you didn;t convince me, so I was letting you know, that I would not budge, that doesn't mean soembody else cant convince me. About the name calling big ****in deal, what are 6 years old, words are only words.

Are you still going Marvin, Jeez let it go. ****in loser.

yea guess i am

I'll no doubt stop when i'm either proven wrong, or when i'm proven write(unconditionally)
or when i'm satisfied that some sort of answer or settlement has been reached

I won't however stop just cause some "grown man" told me to
and then called me a name.

then again, it's all ur opinion isn't it

(u have a funny concept of loser by the way)

Your a funny guy you know that.

Oh my god he called me a name, I'm gonna go tell my mommy, Marvin have you never called anybody a name before? I doubt it, so dont act all high and mighty okay, kid. "oldrazz woot loser".

Wow this discussion is why we all are loyal fanboys. Nearly 2 in the morning, and we still are on this pointless subject.

Your a funny guy you know that.

Oh my god he called me a name, I'm gonna go tell my mommy, Marvin have you never called anybody a name before? I doubt it, so dont act all high and mighty okay, kid. "oldrazz woot loser".

One, I've more pointed out the fact as opposed to whine about it.
why are u implying that i'm "running and telling my mommy," all i've done is asked u to stop...

I'm not acting "all high and mighty"
I'm just "acting" like a sensible poster in a debate...
if anything, ur acting low and shallow...

Listen, I'm really not so concerned with if or when u resort to "calling names" I am on the other very interested in why...
I can think of a few reasons why one would resort to such things when arguing:o
(i'll let ur figure them out on ur own)

i have a rhetoric and philosophy class, and i enjoy a good debate...

to answer ur question
yea sure I've called ppl names before(mostly when i was younger)
but never in a debate...that would be silly

later

If Batman ever fought Cap...it would go something like this.

Batman would jump out like this:

adam_west.jpg

Then get slightly distracted when Robin gets in position:

climb.jpg

But Ultimately win by doing this:

pagetbatman001.jpg

And Robin would exclaim:

burtward3.jpg

Holy Hurting Anus Batman!

Yea DC would never let Batman lose cause he's Batman, he is there number 2 character, when Marvel had the chance to buy DC, the only characters the weren't willing to sell where Superman and Batman, so Marvel didn't do it, damnit I wish they would've, imagine Flash or the Green Lantern Corps in the MU, imagine Aquaman and Namor, fighting for control of Atlantis. DC could've built a whole new world around just Batman and Superman, they would've just made another crisis to explain it, thats how it started for them in the first place. Also there is no way Marvel would let Cap lose, simply cause he is Cap.

Actually at the end of the Negotiation's DC caved in on the Batman issue but Marvel got greedy and wanted it all.....DC wanted to hold onto Superman because their was talk about doing a film.

^ if marvel got a hold of all of DC's rights to characters i would quit reading mainstream comics. I would rather see batman turn into a villan and start canabalizing orphans and nuns than see him turn into reed richards best bud.:oldrazz:

Not me, I think if Marvel had bought DC, Marvel would've done much better with there characters than DC has IMO.

If Marvel bought the DC characters, then where would Marvel get most of their big event ideas?:huh:

Your kidding yourself. I have yet to see Civil Crisis or Secret Crisis or Infinite War.

^ you will now, they have people scouting these boards as we speak

If Marvel bought the DC characters, then where would Marvel get most of their big event ideas?:huh:
That's the most backwards thing i've ever read. Every bit of DC tries to be Marvel in any way it can. Even the fact Superman and Batman have any kind of personality is owed to Marvel.

No, I don't believe so. Batman carries around a lot more gear, which would impare his martial arts to a higher degree then Cap's shield and chainmail.

Also to the fact that Cap has more expierence in hand to hand combat, even though Batman knows more styles.

And one more fact-Cap doesn't fatigue as easily as normal humans.

Neither does Batman.

F**K fighting styles or prep time. Batman is just prepared to fight dirty.

Oh really? I must have missed that Batman WASN'T a normal human and was given the Super Soldier Serum or anything like it that would enhance his endurance. Cap has the edge here, whether you want to admit it or not.:xmen:

Oh really? I must have missed that Batman WASN'T a normal human and was given the Super Soldier Serum or anything like it that would enhance his endurance. Cap has the edge here, whether you want to admit it or not.:xmen:
Alot of us agreed to disagree on this one.

That's the most backwards thing i've ever read. Every bit of DC tries to be Marvel in any way it can. Even the fact Superman and Batman have any kind of personality is owed to Marvel.
DACMAN have you ever read a DC comic in your life? Wow!? Wow!? :whatever:
superman and batman evolved like any other characters. why would you credit them to marvel? Give me some hard evidence.

This is how it would go down....

:brucebat:

takes Cap's

:cap:

in the face then

:batty:

is blocked by Cap's

:cap:

then Cap's

:cap: + :batman:

= Captain America the winner! :bow:

DACMAN have you ever read a DC comic in your life? Wow!? Wow!? :whatever:
superman and batman evolved like any other characters. why would you credit them to marvel? Give me some hard evidence.

Yes. I read a lot of Batman and Superman. They "evolved" after the Marvel Age of comics (the early 60's for those of you who need "hard evidence"). Stan Lee introduced the hero that had at home problems and character flaws. Superman and Batman had none of those until Marvel did it first. The reason Marvel turned so many heads in the early 60's was because of that. Superheroes at the time were nothing more than their costume and powers. Marvel injected them with humanity. Anyone who doesn't know that, I would assume, isn't a very big comic fan to begin with.

Way to resurrect a thread after being dead for years. Oh! And Cap would own Bats. They are basically even but that super soldier formula would give Cap the edge becuase it would go on for hours and Cap would not get tired at all. They are basically dead even. I'd say Cap is a better strategist while Bats is the better detective, deducing Cap has no real weaknesses, he'd bow out, like he did in JLA vs. Avengers.

CAptin America ftw

I like Batman more, but I agree. Batman is the world's greatest detective. Cap on the other hand is the world's greatest fighter and military strategist. Not to mention Cap is pushing the superhuman ability card (peak human everything and doesn't tire), while Bruce is simply a human.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"