Should Batman have been able to beat Captain America?

Discussion in 'Fight Club' started by Dr. Fate, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Dr. Fate Registered

Now I'm starting to wonder if Storm should have really beat Wonder Woman...

2. KAD Registered

I love Storm, but there is no way she would win.

Unless she went ultra ruthless and sucked the air out of WW lungs

3. Not Jake Registered

I wish real Cap wore army boots:(

4. fifthfiend M4J3ST1C L3G1SL4C3R4TOR

As far as 'major WWII battles' goes, how much does fighting in large-scale battles largely determined by firepower prepare someone for individual hand-to-hand combat?

Not that this means Cap wouldn't win -- it's just I really don't see that point being relevant one way or another. Granted, Cap would've been fighting hands-on, but he'd mostly be up against infantry relying primarily on their firearms (to an extent, I suppose he'd be rather like Batman in that respect).

I do call bull**** on that 'beating up the Joker' line. Just on the short list of Batman's enemies there's Two-Face, Clayface, Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, Ra's Al Ghul, Lady Shiva, and Catwoman, which present a pretty diverse range of powers and abilities such as would give any peak-human battler of evil a workout.

-------------

Also, one general point I take exception with -- Steve Rogers having "more experience" than Batman. After you've accounted for decades spent frozen in that iceberg, does Cap really have the years on Bat? (If someone ran the numbers, I missed it, so, my bad if I did.) Bear in mind that Bruce Wayne's been in training since, what -- 12? 15? whereas Steve Rogers didn't join up and get Soldierized until 19 or thereabouts. On top of that, I'd throw in that, hell, soldiers at least have occasional downtime, whereas Bats has been at it night-in, night-out for as long as he's been in the game (okay, he took a bit of a vacation after his spine got cracked). Semi-insane single-minded zealotry has got to count for something there.

Also, Batman takes Ra's Al Ghul every time and the candles on that guy's birthday cake can probably be seen from space.

I'm not saying this tips it one way or the other, Cap certainly could well take it on other grounds, just saying Batman's really getting sold short in these couple particular areas.

5. Odin's Lapdog Registered

course not, not with what storm was doing, ororo would have to go into power overload i reckon to pull it off, it wouldn't be that easy:o

6. Odin's Lapdog Registered

but then he'd have to take the wings off the side of his head and no one likes that do they:(

7. roach I am the night

good points however Cap has lived at the Avengers mansion and now the tower....Cap also has a very cool chopper...chicks dig the chopper

8. roach I am the night

also while Cap has fought in some battles he was also going around taking down spies and saboteurs.....one mission had him deep in occupied France setting up the resistance.

9. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Batman and Captain America are both excellent hand-to-hand fighters; Batman because he trained in basically every martial arts style, Cap because he's a natural and uses the few styles he does know better than just about anyone else. I personally think Cap would kick Batman's ass in a straight-up, one-on-one fistfight. If you start adding in all of Batman's bulls*** from his utility belt, obviously the odds go in his favor.

10. roach I am the night

Cap is a master of Judo and boxing

11. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Yeah, 2 styles to Batman's 127 or some other outlandish number. But he'd still beat Batman 9 times out of 10, in my opinion.

Although, speaking of martial arts masters... I wonder how Daredevil would fare against Batman. He's apparently taken Cap down pretty handily, so I imagine Batman would be cake to him.

12. Slackerpower Registered

Yes................Captain America is a boyscout and batman does whatever it takes to win even if it's playing dirty or above the law cause thats what he is

13. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Captain America's not a boy scout. He's noble, sure, but he's no boy scout.

14. Slackerpower Registered

Would he cheat to win?

15. Slackerpower Registered

I didn't think so

16. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

How do you cheat to win in a fistfight? Kicking in the nuts? :confused:

17. roach I am the night

Please would someone explain to me what cheating in a fight is. Cap is a product of the military. He learned tactics and fighting from them....do you really think they didnt show him how to fight dirty????
    I think a lot of people throw Superman's personality on Cap because they share the same position in their respective worlds.

18. Not Jake Registered

I don't understand your earth rules such as how head decorations and footwear are connected. Could it be this concept of...fashion?

19. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

I pity the person who thinks Captain America is fashionable. :(

20. Lackey Registered

nerve strike

21. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

The US Navy?:confused:

22. Not Jake Registered

What, decorative wings and army boots are like a brown belt and black shoes. Belts are the head wings of the waist.:confused:

23. Victor Von Doom Registered

That was one of the funniest things that I have ever read on these forums. That's for adding the levity.

24. Eyeballing Registered

Hmm, i've never thought of that before. Could she really do something like that with her powers? Hmm VERY interesting, if she can i believe i like storm A LOT more now. even though she probably wouldn't do it, damn it!

Come to think of it why not, Ice Man could freeze the air someone is breathing in and out of their lungs hehehe :up: :bomb: :joker:

25. Eyeballing Registered

I agree:D twenty seven thumbs up :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: okay more like 6 thumbs up, but only because i cant fit anymore