Should Batman have been able to beat Captain America?

Majin Boo said:
no, Batman won in the comic because people voted that way :batman: .
Anyways, I give it to cap.
Yeah Marvel vs DC sucked primarily because of that voting thing.For example since when can Aquaman beat Sub-Mariner :rolleyes:.I would give the match to Cap but i think the battle might end in a draw.Much like when Hulk and the Juggernaut fought.Both were too evenly matched for there to be a true winner.

dark_knight_fan said:
Hmm, i've never thought of that before. Could she really do something like that with her powers? Hmm VERY interesting, if she can i believe i like storm A LOT more now. even though she probably wouldn't do it, damn it!

Come to think of it why not, Ice Man could freeze the air someone is breathing in and out of their lungs hehehe :up: :bomb: :joker:

she could create a localized twister that sucked the air out of her opponent and the immediatte area.

KAD said:
I love Storm, but there is no way she would win.

Unless she went ultra ruthless and sucked the air out of WW lungs

Even in that case, can't WW hold her breath in space?

fifthfiend said:

I don't think so.

I have seen her in space with a helmet or the protection of magic but never without.

On the other hand if this did happen the gods would ressurect her

When the Justice League comics were relaunched in 1997 with a miniseries pitting the League against white martians Wonder Woman did go one-on-one with a nasty white female martian in outer space sans space suit and won [no surprises there].

Aquaman vs. Namor should've gone to Namor when Marvel vs. DC came out, but I think Aquaman would stomp Namor now. Morrison beefed him up a bit and his current series shows how powerful he can be.

I guess Batman could use a nerve strike on Cap. Of course, he's never managed to use one on Deathstroke, who's basically the evil DC version of Cap.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Aquaman vs. Namor should've gone to Namor when Marvel vs. DC came out, but I think Aquaman would stomp Namor now. Morrison beefed him up a bit and his current series shows how powerful he can be.

I guess Batman could use a nerve strike on Cap. Of course, he's never managed to use one on Deathstroke, who's basically the evil DC version of Cap.

Cap also knows nerve strikes and would guard against them.

Not to mention his chainmail would blunt any such attacks.

KAD said:
Cap also knows nerve strikes and would guard against them.

Not to mention his chainmail would blunt any such attacks.

Plus i mean Cap is supossed to be the perfect human, i dont see how batman would be able to outlast him in terms of stamina, or even strength. Cap is supossed to be the limit of human potential isnt he?

Yup...in every possible way...

Thus making him more skilled then any trained human can become...

Ecaxtly, so i dont see how Bats can take him in HAND TO HAND, now if it was just an all out brawl i would have to say Bats wins, i mean come on the UTILITY belt, caps sheild CANT compete with that. Hand to hand Cap wins everytime or almost id say like 70-30.

But with their shield/utility belt id say it goes opposite 70-30 in favor of bats, i mean heck the guy has everything from chewing gum to condoms in that thing :D

goldmill said:
Actually the world powerlifting record is a tad over 900 in Bench Press. I believe it was set during the summer of last year(just FYI).

Nope, it's been broken again. Gene Rycheck Bench Pressed 1020 lbs and several others are on thier way to the 1000 lb mark.

Anyways....I don't think this is even close. Cap is stronger, faster, more agile, better strategy wise and as much or more fighting skill as Batman. All Cap needs is his shield and IMO he would take out Bats in under 60 seconds.

Manwithoutpeer said:
Nope, it's been broken again. Gene Rycheck Bench Pressed 1020 lbs and several others are on thier way to the 1000 lb mark.

Anyways....I don't think this is even close. Cap is stronger, faster, more agile, better strategy wise and as much or more fighting skill as Batman. All Cap needs is his shield and IMO he would take out Bats in under 60 seconds.

Wholly test tube babys batman!!! :eek: 1,020lbs? DAAAMN!!! I agree with you on hand to hand, cap takes him but come on w/bats utility belt, who knows how many gases, chemicals and the like he has in there.

ALl he has to do is get close enough, which im sure he could do and spary a localized gas to knock out Cap and game over. The shield may protect against anything colid or liquid even but gas doesnt stop as soon as the shield is put up .:D

TheCorpulent1 said:
Of course, he's never managed to use one on Deathstroke, who's basically the evil DC version of Cap.

a lot of people say that, but I don't see that way... for one, Deathstroke is easily smarter than Cap.

fifthfiend said:

yes she can...but not for extended periods of time... she'd be able to hold her breath long enough to knock Storm out, though.

Lackey said:
yes she can...but not for extended periods of time... she'd be able to hold her breath long enough to knock Storm out, though.

What kind of affect would getting struck by lighting have on WW?

The same effect it has on everything else.

Okay no, not at all, but who can pass up 5-year-old ****ty-scripting humor?

dark_knight_fan said:
What kind of affect would getting struck by lighting have on WW?

she's probably block it with her bracelets

but if it did hit her, I imagine it'd sting a bit, but it wouldn't put her down at all... it's just normal lightning afterall, it's not like it's Zeus's lightning.

Manwithoutpeer said:

Damn, I hadn't heard that yet. I'm surprised no one mentioned it on some of hte sites I visit. That is pretty sad then really since I don't think the deadlift record has gotten that high since the last mark was set at the mid 900s. No way should you be able to bench more than you deadlift, IMO.

I'll say it again. No flukes, no freak coincidences of water mains happening to burst at the right time to save Bats from humiliation...

Avengers/JLA # 2 - Batman concedes the fight to Captain America after a few blocked attacks.

Lackey said:
she's probably block it with her bracelets

but if it did hit her, I imagine it'd sting a bit, but it wouldn't put her down at all... it's just normal lightning afterall, it's not like it's Zeus's lightning.

Ummm as far as i know, WW's bracelets are made out of metal and metal conducts electricity. Soo unless her bracelets have magial properties that cancel out such a thing that wouldnt work :D

Cyclops said:
I'll say it again. No flukes, no freak coincidences of water mains happening to burst at the right time to save Bats from humiliation...

Avengers/JLA # 2 - Batman concedes the fight to Captain America after a few blocked attacks.

Yeah that basically was a W for Cap BUT, i didnt like it, i thoght it was a cop out totally they should have went to blows. Screw the whole they are the only ones that will listen to each other and reason instead of just fighting **** that i want a cap/bats brawl!!!!:D :batman:

dark_knight_fan said:
Ummm as far as i know, WW's bracelets are made out of metal and metal conducts electricity. Soo unless her bracelets have magial properties that cancel out such a thing that wouldnt work :D

umm...they do have magical properties and would be able to block lightning as well as most other types of energy

Lackey said:
umm...they do have magical properties and would be able to block lightning as well as most other types of energy

Ok, well i wasnt really too sure, thats why i put that :D :cyclops: :cool: :hellboy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"