Should Batman have been able to beat Captain America?

Lackey said:
but yeah, having the air sucked out of you isn't as bad as having your lungs explode, which is what would happen in space if you tried to hold your breath.

All that technical knowledge yet you still can't figure out how to pleasure a woman:(
but who needs them anyway:mad:
I wouldn't mind letting you explode in my space:o

Not Jake said:
All that technical knowledge yet you still can't figure out how to pleasure a woman:(
but who needs them anyway:mad:

yeah, who needs women when you can get a helper monkey, they're not just for wiping your ass anymore :up:

Well, I'm much more biased towards Batman, since I'm a big Bat-fan, but I think that Caps has a slight advantage in straight hand to hand fighting, but nevertheless, it'd be a good fight :up:

i'd vote for captain america on this one....batman is an excellent fighter but i do believe cap holds the edge.
it would be an excellent fight though!

If I had to choose I would say Captain America, but they fought in the Marvel VS DC crossover, and Batman won by a very small margin if my memory serves me right.

It always is with Batman. He has so many groupies. I personally don't think he's all that, I don't even really like Batman that much.

No, I mean that one was a literal popularity contest because it was based on readers' votes. Cap could be as strong as the Hulk and as fast as the Flash and he still wouldn't win it, because alas, Captain America is nowhere near as popular as Batman.

That whole thing was based on readers votes?! I didn't know that. More people voted for Storm then Wonderwoman?! thats a shock and a half

Well Storm was pretty popular in the 90s while Wonder Woman was stuck in a bit of a rut, I believe.

hmmm i'm gonna try and remember some of the match-ups, because I don't know who won them all and I would like to.

Superman VS Hulk (?)
Green Lantern VS Silver Surfer (?)
Captain Marvel VS Thor (?)
Flash VS Quicksilver (Flash)
Wonderwoman VS Storm (Storm)
Aquaman VS Namor (Aquaman)
Lobo VS Wolverine (Wolverine)
Robin VS Jubilee (Robin)
Superboy VS Spiderman (Spiderman)
Catwoman VS Elektra (?)
Batman VS Captain America (Batman)

Superman won, Surfer won, Thor won, and Elektra won. And yeah, the X-Men cartoon was still airing at the time Marvel vs. DC came out. More non-comic readers that I know have heard of X-Men from that and the movies than anything else.

Cap should win but he won't because when it all comes down to it, he'll be like Superman. He plays by the rules tries to talk things out before fighting; Batman fights dirty and so Cap would loses. Now if Cap didn't try and talk things out first and play by the rules it be another story.

Cap ain't Superman. He'll fight dirty if he has to. Cap doesn't have super-invulnrability to rely-Superman doesn't need to fight dirty. Sure, every time they Fight, Batman beats Superman, cause deep down inside, Superman is a good guy and Batman isn't.
Cap fought in WWII and killed Nazi's. He's a soldier. He does what has to be done when it needs to be done. Sure, he's got the boyscout attitude...because he'd rather not fight dirty...rather not doesn't mean he won't.

CaptainStacy said:
Heh. ALL of Captain America's Foes fight dirty, so "dirty fighting" doesn't nescessarily guarantee anything for Batman.

Cap is stronger, faster, has quicker reflexes, and FAR superior endurance. And he's certainly on par with Batman skill-wise.

Cap's even a better strategist, as evidenced with Cap taking command of both the Avengers AND JLA in that recent cross-over.

I think Cap has an excellent chance of winning any and all encounters with the Dark Knight.

They're both about the same strength, being able to bench about 800 lbs.

Batman doesn't care to lead.

BrianWilly said:
Someone told me on these boards that 616 Cap America is capable of bench-pressing half a ton or something...that's about 1000 pounds. According to this page, Batman presses "approximately 750 pounds." So in terms of physical strength, Cap whoops Bats. I don't even think normal human should be able to bench 1000 pounds...the world record is something like 514. If that's true, then in terms of physical strength Cap is definitely super/metahuman, whereas Batman is not.

I'm not saying that that's going to be the deciding factor in a fight between them, just trying to quiet all those people going "Caps and Batman are physically evenly matched!!!!!!1111" because they're not.

The world record is about 730 lbs, last I heard.

I just did a search, it's 821 lbs.

jonty30 said:
They're both about the same strength, being able to bench about 800 lbs.

Batman doesn't care to lead.

Nah, raw strength Cap is above Bruce, and he doesn't even have to work out to maintain it.

Cap is the winnah now and always

Niether will always win. They're too evenly matched. Bats an' Cap will always trade wins over each other. Basically, it all ends up in one huge draw.

X said:
Nah, raw strength Cap is above Bruce, and he doesn't even have to work out to maintain it.

Captain America can bench about 800 pounds, the upper limit for a normal human being.
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/c/captainamerica.htm

Batman is just as strong and is as capable in a fighting situation as Captain America.

Cap has the advantage in that he doesn't get fatigued and Batman is more vicious and probably more dextrous because he's not weighted down by 50 lbs of chainmail.

Cap is more of a conventional fighter and Batman will size up his opponent before doing anything.

The fight could go any which way.

jonty30 said:
Captain America can bench about 800 pounds, the upper limit for a normal human being.

Batman is just as strong and is as capable in a fighting situation as Captain America.

Cap has the advantage in that he doesn't get fatigued and Batman is more vicious and probably more dextrous because he's not weighted down by 50 lbs of chainmail.

Cap is more of a conventional fighter and Batman will size up his opponent before doing anything.

Er, yes, it could go either way.

But Cap is the pinnacle of a human being. The absolute best that one can be physically. Bruce Wayne is not. Bruce Wayne isn't even into working out extremely heavily, do you have any idea how many things he juggles in between being the playboy, forensic work, yadda yadda yadda?

Remember in Venom when Batman had strength issues and he had to rely on Venom? I've consistently seen Steve do a lot more impressive things.

That chainmail doesn't slow down Cap a bit. He's one of the most agile non super human beings in comicdom. You ever see him get decked by The Hulk and do a back flip saving his ass? If anything the resistance that chainmails created that he's adapted to has made him that much stronger. Shield isn't too too light either.

Well, the pic's pretty cool, but Ultimate Cap does have super strength and what not... :o

jonty30 said:

Wrong. If you worked out from here to eternity you would only get as strong as your genetic makeup would let you become. That is Batman. He is as strong and agile as his body will allow him to achieve.Batman being perfect in his body is a lot different than being perfect in my body.
Captain America through scientific means has enhanced his body past a point any human could achieve through exercise and or steroids. Captain America is THE perfect human specimen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"