Birds of Prey Should Birds of Prey have a mid or post credits scene?

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
I ask you all if Birds of Prey (2020) should have a mid or post-credits scene given the fact that Aquaman (2018) basically had one to start off this new direction that the DCEU seems to be going in...so should Birds of Prey have one? Yes? Or no? If yes, then what should it be?

Honestly, I'm not really bothered either way. If it does and it's good, great. If it doesn't, no problem (so long as I haven't sat through the whole damn credits because someone lied to me and said it did!).

I wouldn't be surprised if we do get one and it probably involves Batman showing up well the new Batman who is gonna replace Affleck or it involves Mr. J somehow with Joker showing up

Or maybe Batgirl, seeing as how she's a major part of the BoP in the comics.

Or maybe Batgirl, seeing as how she's a major part of the BoP in the comics.

That's true they can also do that and by doing that they can basically build Batgirl up to have her own franchise within the DCEU that way

I can definitely see potential in a Batgirl solo franchise.

I can definitely see potential in a Batgirl solo franchise.

I do too especially if Birds of Prey builds on that but the only way to do that is a mid or post-credits scene where we do get Batgirl but then by having Batgirl have her own separate franchise...her own separate universe then how do you fit Batman into her universe?

I'd be quite happy seeing Batgirl on her own before we see her interact with Batman. Maybe just see her reading a newspaper headline on his latest exploits. Then maybe he could turn up in a mid/post credits scene of her first solo (where she's been a little bit lucky to win the day) and say something like "If you're going to do this you need to be shown how to do it properly".

I'd be quite happy seeing Batgirl on her own before we see her interact with Batman. Maybe just see her reading a newspaper headline on his latest exploits. Then maybe he could turn up in a mid/post credits scene of her first solo (where she's been a little bit lucky to win the day) and say something like "If you're going to do this you need to be shown how to do it properly".

Sort of like a mentor to protege similar to Tony/Peter in the MCU but Bruce mentoring Barbara...I could get behind that

That's the kind of thing. It's perfectly believable that he'd 'show her the ropes' but that doesn't mean he'd have to swoop in and save the day all the time. He gives her the tools for the job but then she does her own thing. And he's there for a 'heart to heart' if she's had a particularly harrowing case (or even a failure), with her maybe asking "How do you do this? Without it affecting you?"

Or let's say Mr J showed up in a post credits or even a mid credits scene then it wouldn't surprise me if Joker decides he wants Harley back even though she managed to break away from him

Apparently Leto is done as Joker but even if that is true they can always recast

Post credit scene

Cass at an orphanage, is told that someone very special is there to visit her. The person can be slightly seen through a window rolling in a wheel chair, but we can't see her actual appearance. As she gets closer, the camera pans upward and it's revealed to be Barbara Gordon. She smiles at her and the camera fades out.

Pretty impressive.

I think this film should have a post credits scene but honestly I am all out of ideas as to what it should be

As long as it's done to NOT market a sequel or upcoming release or undoing the end of the film I'm fine with it.

I'd rather to be continued fade out be used. Just my unpopular opinion.:shrug:

Definitely no. End this Batman related continuities outside of Reeves world.

At a certain point, I think films with post-credit scenes that have more to do with marketing another film in an "extended universe" than the actual story of said film need to be relegated to an official after-credits teaser period just to separate it further from the film that just took place.

Narrative in MCU:
Mike Mignola recently sat down in an interview where he commented on being a fan of some MCU films but not so much a fan of entire movies that felt like filler episodes that you wanted to bypass just to get to the main story. Post-credit scenes I used to really like but as of late they are a distraction sort of demoting the whole movie that has just been watched. Of course, post-credit scenes aren't the main problem though... Too many IP's that are supposed to be part of an extended universe crammed in-between team-up movies (not to mention solo films like Ragnarok also feeling overly crammed) I think make the MCU as of late seem like a ridiculous attempt at covering the whole of comics history via roller coaster ride with some films simply doing their job at filling a slot until the next one is made.

The 1 movie at a time (and plot elements that don't service the immediate film being made excised) Kevin Feige talked about in interviews when asked about his process of making films after Justice League's reception a few years back. This approach perhaps can be seen as an encouragement that there is a way for a studio to make a lot of interconnected movies that have theatrical releases for an audience to enjoy. However, in reality post-Endgame it feels like while financial success was gained the flipside was narrative sacrifice.

Thanos was barely built up pre-Infinity War in the actual story of the many films that came before to the point where there wasn't time to really introduce him within Infinity War as too much going on and limited timeframe
(although narrative payoff in Endgame was audience pleasing moments over story logic so probably not worth it so I digress:whatever:). The writers and directors made a pre-script "manifesto" of ideas, numerous scripts (extensive backhistory of Thanos for example as a reference point to draw from characterization wise as no time to lay out in the actual film), and miles of footage to edit through with some stuff that was filmed (aerial battle scene referenced by James Gunn's brother for instance) that we'll never see. Just look at CBM and see all the stuff the writers keep saying each month with additional details pertaining to manifesto, scripts, and deleted material and it's enough to write a book on.

Narrative Cohesion for Theatrical Films in General:
Narrative cohesion across many theatrical films is hard to do with each film following a 3 act structure within a limited timeframe. Joss Whedon has said in interviews how he thinks Empire Strikes back was a bad idea for there to just simply be a "To Be Continued" sort of ending as a matter of doing one's job as a film maker.

The Russos perhaps don't share this same view as it was reported pre-Infinity War how the last 2 Avengers films weren't going to be filmed together for logistical reasons which made sense due to the massive scheduling aspects involved. Still though, the films weren't designated as a part 1 or Part 2...

Now, just this past week the writers also claimed that separating this final 2-film send-off into 2 separate films was a mandate by Marvel Studio's. Extensive narrative cohesion isn't always a given in an extended universe to make it a success and often comes with a lot of risk but I think perhaps can be pulled off better than making about 20 films and only servicing it as an over arching backstory (Infinity Saga) after the fact when a lot of said movies had nothing to do with building that up.

Back to Post-Credit Clip Topic:
So yeah, I'm tired of an entire film going by then having distracting elements at the end that have nothing to do with said film's story anymore while like 5 years ago I would've been thinking is was a real neat novelty. Give me some of those many scenes deleted (or script versions) that're never seen on Blu-Ray meant to fill-in backstory instead.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"