Sequels Should Bucky become Captain America after CA3/Avengers3?

I don't think anyone is gonna be Captain America after IW.

I like that the reaction from all of us comic/movie fans is the same as the characters in the comics.
Steve Rogers is the ONLY Captain America.
Not because we won't accept a black guy (Falcon), or a past villain (Bucky), but because he is the only one who has such perfect ideals and morality to be the holder of the shield.
It's basically like how Thor is Thor. It's worthyness, but also, it's just that, Steve is Cap, Cap is Steve, just as much as Thor is Thor.

I personally would like to see Bucky try to take up the role like he did in the comics, maybe for one movie, him wrestling, trying to be like Cap, have the same morals. But by the end he drops the shield and admits he can't live up to that standard.

I would also be up for a movie with Falcon as Cap, only by the end to have resurrected Steve, and for him to STEP THE HECK DOWN FROM THE ROLE AND BE FALCON LIKE HE SHOULD BE, instead of being like. "I'm Cap still too guys, and if you don't like it you're just a hater."

I like the concept of Bucky trying and failing, and of Falcon taking up the role, doing okay, but realizing that he won't be accepted as Cap, since he isn't Steve. Just so long as that's the message that's sent.

I suspect they could do a CA 4 with a Steve Rogers on the run. In the end he redons his the title of Captain America.

I think Thanos will kill Cap in Avengers: Infinity War. I think Tony's vision in AoU will mostly come true.

captain-america-thanos-infinity-gauntlet.jpg

And yes, I think Tony should approach Bucky (having made peace with the fact that he killed his parents) and say "The world needs captain america." This will be temporary (because I think Chris Evans will want to stick around) and we might see a Nomad storyline play out.

I think similarly, Tony will retire (or become director of a new SHIELD) and pass the mantle of Iron Man to Iron Heart.

Evans is a huge part of the reason I love the character. I hope he stays in the role for a while.

I would be shocked if Bucky does not take up the mantle in Cap 4. During Civil War when Nat and Bucky were fighting, Nat says to Bucky "You could at least recognize me" or something to that effect hinting at a backstory yet to be explored.

Given more up to date information
from the Black Panther post credits scene
despite the 6 movie deal for Sebastian Stan there seems to be other plans in store for Sergeant Barnes

No, Captain America should always be Steve Rogers. I'm not a big fan of when a superhero is made of multiple characters. I would like to see Bucky return for future sequels though.

Same here. If they are going to keep in the current time line, keep steve, unless he DIES in infinity wars..

He'd have to have a pretty compelling reason to do something like that, especially when you consider the fact that he had a hand in SHIELD's demise in the first place.

It was pretty clear as well that Cap wasn't a big fan of secrecy and withholding information. He said it himself - he joined SHIELD to protect people, not to spy on them. I can't imagine any situation where Cap would reform SHIELD and become its leader. Seems to go against everything he stands for at this point.

Maybe that's why they pitch him for the job of the new director.. SO HE can fix the issues he raised about shield in Avengers 1 and 2..

Steve Rogers as the new Director of SHIELD would be even better because then as Director he would have even more of an impact not only on the government but the government wouldn't view all of these heroes as threats.

With Steve living a normal life or as close to a normal life seeing as he takes the mantle from Fury then that leaves a void as for who becomes the new Cap and really who else is better suited than Bucky?

We all know it worked well for many when Bucky was Cap for a short while in the comics but the MCU are a different type of media to do that thing, it would be weird, the movies are well established with Steve Rogers as Cap, and that is how it should stay in the films.
(

I agree a different medium which is aimed at a global audience which doesn't need just anybody embodying America while wearing an American flag. A suit, be it worn by one of the few stable super soldiers or another soldier who is slower is not needed to inspire the MCU world in the story or draw record numbers of Koreans to a real world theatre.

I am also of the opinion Cap should be like, director of SHIELD/The Avengers by the end of A4. Serves his role better than passing it off.

I would love to see a solo Winter Soldier film, honestly.

If Bucky survives the Infinity War he's retiring in Wakanda.

Nah. No offense to Sebastian Stan, but I don’t think he could pull it off.

Last edited:
I want Steve Rogers to die but then come back wearing this.

nomad-captain-america-comics-1202703.jpg

Stan has made himself a memorable Winter Soldier. Let's keep it at that.

Bucky as White Wolf that is or should be his new name from here on out in the MCU...period

The Bucky Cap suit is so sick, I’d love to see the MCU’s take on it. I think it would be cool to see Bucky as Cap. Just make it temporary. I want to see Falcon wield the shield after Bucky too. Bucky and Falcon are by far the two best of the secondary heroes, I wouldn’t mind if their roles got beefed up

But if Bucky were to become Cap 2.0 I wouldn't have a problem with Bucky taking up the mantle and becoming the new Captain America for the American people for the American government

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"