Should Dark Phoenix Be Shelved When Disney gets Fox?

I think if Marvel go to 4 films a year, one of them should be smaller and not so much of a big blockbuster. They could put Black Widow in as one of these smaller films as a low key spy movie.

I'd like that a lot. Unfortunately the mediocre ScarJo takes far too large a salary ($25 million now) for anything but a blockbuster. :csad:

It still takes a while for all of that to work. They can't just fire studio heads over nights and transfer property. I am 99% certain that Dark Phoenix gets released unless the world is destroyed or something catastrophic happens.
As soon as Disney gets the rights (end of this year) then they can begin the process of canceling the theatrical release. I've never seen any article that said it will take until 2020 like you said. That makes zero sense

As soon as Disney gets the rights (end of this year) then they can begin the process of canceling the theatrical release. I've never seen any article that said it will take until 2020 like you said. That makes zero sense

It makes no financial sense to cancel the release. It will get released and will be the end of the Fox films minus Deadpool.

Go ahead and release, but they should add a laugh track to it.

Seriously, get Ryan Reynolds to narrate the whole thing. I'd pay to see that... and that's pretty much the only way I'd pay to see it.

Get Woody Allen to redub some fake dialogue onto it.

Get Woody Allen to redub some fake dialogue onto it.

XS5LK.gif

Go ahead and release, but they should add a laugh track to it.

Or just play the "Benny Hill" theme music over it. That music makes watching anything enjoyable;)

By all accounts, it lacks the Shi'Ar and the third act lacks action. Plus, it got delayed. I say shelve it.

Maybe at most they can give it a limited release like the Interview? Don't release it in all countries though.

I think Marvel should shelve it. If they release Dark Phoenix movie, then MCU will never get to make their own movies based on the Dark Phoenix Saga. It's not worth the trouble. Just throw it in the same museum as the Ark from Raiders of the Lost Ark and it will become one with the legend.

The great thing now is that regardless of whether Dark Phoenix is released into theaters, held back for Disney's new streaming service or burned for warmth, IT WILL NOT HAVE ANY SKRULLS.

I honestly rather the MCU not use the Dark Phoenix anyway and adapt other stories. So losing that as a story option doesn't bother me.

Shelve this thing along with New Mutants. I know financially they've already sunk money into it, but it's too good a storyline to screw up TWICE by the same studio.

I think Marvel should shelve it. If they release Dark Phoenix movie, then MCU will never get to make their own movies based on the Dark Phoenix Saga. It's not worth the trouble. Just throw it in the same museum as the Ark from Raiders of the Lost Ark and it will become one with the legend.

I think this film will be so unlike Dark Phoenix and Marvel's characters will be so unlike Fox's characters, that they could do it at some point if they want.

And I also think it's the kind of story that should be built up to - not the way Fox has rushed it both times. We should get to see Jean as Jean before she becomes Dark Phoenix, so it should be many films and many years down the road.

I think this film will be so unlike Dark Phoenix and Marvel's characters will be so unlike Fox's characters, that they could do it at some point if they want.

And I also think it's the kind of story that should be built up to - not the way Fox has rushed it both times. We should get to see Jean as Jean before she becomes Dark Phoenix, so it should be many films and many years down the road.

Why not rename it then, and remove any reference to the Dark Phoenix force?

It can be a generic sci-fi film or even generic X-Men film which isn't about something specific.

As I've already said, it can be just called "Fifty Shades of Dark Grey."

If Jean is going to be in the MCU, it'll be kind of hard to not do any part of the Phoenix story line. It's like 80% of her character. Lol. They definitely should build it up and MAYBE do a full story line like 6-8 years after they debut. She should become the phoenix first and then go dark like two or three films after after. But definitely after they've tackled a bunch of other great story lines we haven't seen yet. Hopefully we'll get Sinister or the Shadow King pretty quickly.

I honestly rather the MCU not use the Dark Phoenix anyway and adapt other stories. So losing that as a story option doesn't bother me.

Even if they don't plan to do the Dark Phoenix Saga, why should they release a movie that handicap them in the first place? It's better to have the option to do that iconic story line instead of having that choice taken away from you.

Its quite shameful the amount of people wanting Dark Phoenix to be cancelled simply because of pure spite to anything that isnt a part of the MCU. Im looking forward to the film and hope it can finish the Fox Xmen universe on a high, it deserves to bow out on the big screen at the very least, after some of the top level films theyve given us and the fact they started the comic book movie era. Discarding this in the junk pile or straight to dvd is disrespectful, to the actors in it if nothing else. I hope Kinberg adds in some send off scene at the end during reshoots to cap off the universe in a fitting and dignifying manner.

Cancel it. Dump it into Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, the new Disney steaming service or put it up on YouTube for free.

This Kinberg fiasco should not be allowed to further poison the brand.

Actually, the best option would be for it to disappear completely.
If someone really wants to see it, let them hunt it down like those of us who've seen the Corman F4.

Why not rename it then, and remove any reference to the Dark Phoenix force?

It can be a generic sci-fi film or even generic X-Men film which isn't about something specific.

As I've already said, it can be just called "Fifty Shades of Dark Grey."
or Phoenix Farce. It could shape up to be one of the best comedies of 2019.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"