Solo Should Dash Rendar be in the film?

Karelia

RN4L
Reaction score
I've been getting more into the EU/Legends lately, and just recently played Shadows of the Empire (yeah, I know.) But I think it would be quite awesome to see a younger Dash Rendar appear in this film, along side Han Solo. I imagine Solo will be running into all kinds of Mercenaries/Bounty Hunters... so why not a fan favorite?

Dash Rendar is still quite popular amongst the fans. I remember when people spotted a YT-2400 in one of the Rebels trailers, and people were hyping/hoping it was Dash's (it wasn't.) So the character isn't forgotten, and is still loved.

He has ties to the Empire/Black Sun in his storyline. Being exiled from the Imperial Acedamy because of being framed by the Black Sun (Prince Xisor.)

Obviously we don't know too much about the film, or the direction and what not... but I think Dash would be a cool character/cameo for this film. Who wouldn't love to see The Outrider on the big screen?

I think there's room for him in the canon, whether it be film, animated, graphic novels, books... whatever..

Last edited:
No. I rather not have any of the obvious rip off characters from the EU.

If they're going to include anyone from Shadows of the Empire then I'd prefer they go with Prince Xizor.

Now there is a character I could go for.

I'd prefer Woody Harrelson not play Dash Rendar anyway.

I think the Kasdans would rather use their own character instead.

I've always cringed at that name. I have no idea about the character.

After seeing this movie, I really want at least an animated movie of Shadows of the Empire. Bring it back into canon! To add to that, an animated movie is really the only way they could since they treated it as basically a movie release minus the movie the first time - novel adaptation, comic book, and video game, so a lot of the legwork has already been done. I think a lot of people who enjoyed the story back in the day (for me, it was the N64 game) would want to see the movie but an animated version would hedge their bets since it's obviously not a completely new property.

I think Shadows of the Empire has basically been removed from canon based on recent events.

Which recent events are you talking about?

I don't know how it could be made less canon than the time Disney said it was no longer canon, honestly.

I don't know how it could be made less canon than the time Disney said it was no longer canon, honestly.

Which is why they would have to adapt it into a new production for it to be canon. Admiral Thrawn wasn't canon until they brought him back. The question is whether there is room to bring this story back.

Just beacuse they went out and said that everything is "not canon" doesn't mean they won't use that material ever again. There's no reason to disregard good material just beacuse of reasons.
For example, the part about
Han being in the Empire and saving Chewie from slavedom was from the EU in the beginning right? And look, it's canon now.

Just beacuse they went out and said that everything is "not canon" doesn't mean they won't use that material ever again. There's no reason to disregard good material just beacuse of reasons.
For example, the part about
Han being in the Empire and saving Chewie from slavedom was from the EU in the beginning right? And look, it's canon now.

Yes, but they didn't go and make the stories that were written before about Han canon. I don't disagree they could pull from it, but as is, the Shadows of the Empire game isn't canon and won't be, judging from their MO (ex. Thrawn coming over, but not making previous Thrawn material canon). That's all I mean.

For what it's worth, a few of the nick-nacks in Vos's collection and some of the verbal references are Han stuff from Legends, old novels from the 80s and stuff.

And Rendar's ship is still in the new/special editions of A New Hope if I'm not mistaken, don't think they've removed that in the post-'97 versions.

But nah, you don't want to reference Rendar again. Lame quasi-Han from a multimedia project 20 years ago that went nowhere, the guy's just poor-man's Solo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"