Deadpool 2 Should Deadpool sequels parody CBM controversies?

OutOfBoose

#ReleaseTheAyerCut
Reaction score
Like Martha from BvS, Mandarin from IM3, Superman/Batman killing etc.?

Sure. But just in some extent. You never want them to be just parodies of superhero genres. And rely for it. As throwing jokes sure, but as parody not.

Poked fun of, sure. But probably not full blown parody. Martha I can see being included, but even Deadpool cut out a GL-related tirade from Ryan because it would go over people's heads. So they probably don't want to be too meta with poking fun of other superhero films. Plus they got two other characters to balance too and probably a more fleshed out villain, since they're aware of their shortcomings in the first film.

I could totally picture it: Deadpool and Cable going toe to toe and Deadpool tells Cable to save Martha. Cable looks at him perplexed and either Deadpool cheap shots Cable or Cable just punches Deadpool anyway.

Civil War already did it so don't use that...they should parody Marvel Studios movies and FOXs stuff nothing from DC that might not be taken very well by DC people

Poked fun of, sure. But probably not full blown parody. Martha I can see being included, but even Deadpool cut out a GL-related tirade from Ryan because it would go over people's heads. So they probably don't want to be too meta with poking fun of other superhero films. Plus they got two other characters to balance too and probably a more fleshed out villain, since they're aware of their shortcomings in the first film.

Wait, what's this? They filmed a GL tirade for Deadpool?

Yeah. He ranted about production beginning without a completed script and whatnot as a joke about GL in the film (all issues he's spoken publicly about regarding GL in interviews) but they cut it out because it was too meta.

he should parody marvel's tanking sales
the laughably written comics like squirrel girl
and the PC obession

he should parody marvel's tanking sales
the laughably written comics like squirrel girl
and the PC obession

Loved his "Is it sexist to hit you? Is it more sexist to not hit you??" little line from the first film.

Civil War already did it so don't use that...they should parody Marvel Studios movies and FOXs stuff nothing from DC that might not be taken very well by DC people

You mean the fanboys on SuperHeroHype?

I loved the line "Wait for it, she's gonna do the superhero landing... there it is, the superhero landing"... Hilarious, always wondered why Hollywood keeps doing the superhero landing in every movie, it looks so cheesy and they still do it even after that line in Deadpool...

The villain has him down and out, on the cusp of delivering the killing blow, asks him "any last words?"
Deadpool sputters, "what's your mom's name again?".

Corny, contrived, obvious, and I'd love it.

The villain has him down and out, on the cusp of delivering the killing blow, asks him "any last words?"
Deadpool sputters, "what's your mom's name again?".

Corny, contrived, obvious, and I'd love it.

Yeah I think that's about as obvious as it should get.

I just had the thought of the post credits scene would be similar to last movie where he teases the next one, and here he'd say that next time he meets the Avengers, but then talking to someone off camera say "wait, what? The deal's not through yet? But I just told them. Man these nerds are gonna be raging about the canon on the internet..."

Wait, what's this? They filmed a GL tirade for Deadpool?

It's in the deleted/extended scenes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"