Should free internet and accessibility be added to Bill of Rights?

Foreclosure is a big harsh, but if you don't pay your due bills, you should get cut off. Whether its gas, water, power or your damn phone..

Even if your water is poison?

I think the idea behind it is correct but I'm sure how you could craft actionable law behind it, especially with the legislative and executive branches in their current state. The naked greed and corruption going on now in regards to the internet needs to be stopped.

EDIT: I misread the title and thought it was asking if the internet should remain free as in "untampered with" aka net neutrality.

Last edited:
This a provocative question, and one that has --unfortunately- already been answered for us.... quite probably, for the full extent of most of our lives.

As has been referenced (by Elayis), the subject of 'Net Neutrality' springs to mind...
True, that is not strictly the subject here...
But it should be a part of it.
Given the established 'Money Talks' posture that the end of Net Neutrality has created, it will do no good to have 'free internet and accessibility added to Bill of Rights'

Corruption is now BUILT-IN.

Further, there has to be some oversight...

While the free-flow of information should be Constitutionally-guaranteed and fully protected .....

What good does that do when the information itself has been corrupted--perhaps 'PRE-Corrupted' would be the term--resulting in a flow of Constitutionally-protected CORRUPTION?

Go back to the Founding Fathers and 'Freedom Of The Press'....

Initially that very freedom came about from simply a lack of oversight.

Many of our cherished Founding Fathers owned newspapers...
....And used them to thoroughly and mercilessly BLAST their political opponents with the worst slurs and outright LIES they could think up !*

While this made for some ripping-fun in the papers, free-form snarking is not something that society should aspire to fostering...we already have Social Media for that.

(*reference Eric Burns 2006 book: Infamous Scribblers: The Founding Fathers and the Rowdy Beginnings of American Journalism....

I think the idea behind it is correct but I'm sure how you could craft actionable law behind it, especially with the legislative and executive branches in their current state. The naked greed and corruption going on now in regards to the internet needs to be stopped.

EDIT: I misread the title and thought it was asking if the internet should remain free as in "untampered with" aka net neutrality.

No, you were correct.

The title refers to "open internet" or net neutrality.

I'm fine with paying for internet service. But the government should keep the internet neutral.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• Lily Adler
    🔥🍨Getting hot scoops🍨🔥 (she/her)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"