Should have waited for movie budget?

Discussion in 'Marvel's The Inhumans' started by Shazam, Jun 30, 2017.

?

WAS THIS A MISTAKE FOR MARVEL?

1. YES

2. NO

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

Filming in Hawaii shouldn't be so expensive.

And this is under Marvel Television, of course like the Netflix Marvel shows and Aos, they are trying to limit the action and spectacle because it is under a TV budget. There will be action but it won't be as elaborate compare to a MCU film in which you have a 10 minute action sequence, while with the likes of Mockingbird, Inhumans, Ghost Rider and the Defenders, would probably feature that long action sequence once or twice in a season but most of it will be a couple of whips here and there.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  2. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

I don't think anyone was expecting to see this show produce several drawn out action sequences that would match anything that we've seen from the MCU films.

However, we're 4 episodes in and we have yet to see anything that is really impressive. The fight choreography is sloppy and the show has pretty much placed several restrictions on nearly every Inhuman cast member by the end of Episode 2, which prevents them from using their powers.

The Flash, Arrow, and even Supergirl are able to make better use of their titular heroes's abilities without bankrupting themselves in the process.

3. psylockolussus

Its Marvel TV's ability to limit things as much as they can. This will be more true when Cloak/Dagger/Runaways come out.

4. Micromind

Micromind New World New Rules

Why do fight sequences and CGI effects look bad as compared to what's shown on AoS ?

Also apart from Serinda Swan and Anson Mount, acting is pretty bad.

5. psylockolussus

They hired the same company for the vfx and fight scenes?

6. eon001

eon001 Well-Known Member

If the Krypton teaser is anything to go by, then I think a tv budget would have been fine.
    [YT]PGVT6PQzRf0[/YT]
    I have a feeling Krypton is going to deliver everything I wanted from Inhumans.

Family drama, Alien cityscapes, Clean special effects, Scifi vehicles etc.

Not this weird 90's, fish out of water, road movie. :loco:

7. KevTravels

KevTravels Well-Known Member

I agree.

Marvel has so much $$$, I don't get why they couldn't splurge that on screen.

8. psylockolussus

Mostly because their tV division is cheap. Ideally, this should at least look like TV movies, not your typical sci fi show. And they should try to break the boundaries of being a TV show. Spending more $$$ wouldn't be an answer to a bad script but at least, it would look like they are trying harder since that should reflect on the production values.