Should Hercules be introduced in the MCU?

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
Should The Son of Zeus be introduced in the MCU? I definitely say he should be not only because Hercules is a demi-god but also because of the fact that Hercules like Thor is also a god but at the same time introducing him you also introduce the Olympians the Greek gods into the MCU as well which would obviously be great to see Marvel's take on that whole world

It would be amusing to have Hercules as a character, but have it be really ambivalent about where the hell he comes from, aside from the fact that he's utterly convinced that he's the Hercules from the legends and that he's the son of Zeus. Like this guy with superhuman strength just shows up, maybe as the "sidekick" to some Korean genius kid, and wants to be an Avenger.

To make Hercules a deeper character than that just makes him Thor Lite, sadly.

I'd be concerned about adding another pantheon of sort-of gods to the MCU, especially one that has been so well tread as the Olympians. I'd introduce Hercules - played, of course, by Joe Manganiello - as an Eternal. I'd mash up Gilgamesh/The Forgotten One as the MCU's version of Herc while definitely keeping Herc's personality. The Eternals can be introduced as relatives of the big purple guy in Infinity War.

No. We already have Thor and Hercules would be redundant.

I'd rather see Namor, Spectrum, Blue Marvel, Sentry, Silverclaw, She-Hulk, Black Knight and Wonder Man before we see Hercules.

And I can also see Black Knight and Wonder Man getting a solo film that wouldn't be a franchise but a one and done thing. Black Knight would be similar to The Red Violin where it would be Dane Whitman gaining the Ebony Blade from a dying Nathan Garrett with Garrett claiming that he was corrupted by its power and showing the adventures of previous black knights starting with Sir Percy up to the present day with Dane ending the film promising to use it for good and resist its evil power. (He will eventually fail and his future self will become Proctor who'd be the villain in an Avengers sequel.)

Wonder Man would be an origin story. We know that he's played by Nathan Fillion but I'd like to see him die and be brought back to life by his arms dealer brother.

I don't see much franchise potential for either since Proctor is the only real enemy of Dane's and Simon only has Grim Reaper. Even Ant-Man still has Whirlwind, Egghead and Crossfire left to fight.

Hercules ? Finally Kevin Sorbo will get his time to shine in a MCU movie.

948064.jpg

I'd like him to show up at some point, but probably not until Hemsworth has not been Thor for a while.

Hercules replacing Thor in the MCU would actually be perfect

I would have loved him on Agents of SHIELD (with Phobos joining the Secret Warriors). I don't think he'd do well in the movies, though.

I think the MCU could benefit from having Olympians take the Asgardians' spotlight for a while.
There's herc's connection with amadeus cho, Ares' membership of the Mighty Avengers that could come into play, plus the likes of Venus and Athena that have super-team connections. Not to mention Pluto is a badass too :)

I think it becomes redundant to have two pantheons in the MCU (which won't actually be pantheons, given that they went a different route) as it's still so small, and the Greek one has been a bit overdone compared to the Norse one, so they got the right one in. This isn't the comics where things go one with lots of new issues every months for decade upon decade, it's a far smaller world.

I think it's better to adapt characters that are more unique at this point, as Hercules kind of just becomes a new Thor.

I vote no. I reserve the right to change my mind in the future. I don't think he fits in the current lineup.

I would say, yes-if. Yes, he should be introduced, *if* they come up with a good purpose and story surrounding Olympus, its existence, and its historical and thematic relationship with Asgard.

I think he should but the trick is finding out a way to make it different to the asgardians story. Like instead of having Olympus they all got exiled and want to come back like the Pak run. Amadeus could be the protagonist like Arthur in the tick.

Or maybe they have a rivalry with the asgardians, like the kree and the skrulls

I don't know if he could be introduced as a major character (which I love, btw) having a big role in the MCU. However, I'd like to see, even in brief cameos, other pantheons.

Forgotten One or Hercules?:
If Marvel can find a way then yes at some point. I read an issue of Quasar where both him as well as The Forgotten One (the exiled eternal of many names going by Gilgamesh, Samson, amongst others as wanders amongst civilizations throughout history) appear in the same issue.

Hercules definitely had a more attention catching personality in the Quasar 28-29 (Comics Dated 1991; This bizarre plot involves "Her" otherwise known as Ayesha/Kismet/Paragon trying find perfect male counterpart and pretty silly but I found it interesting this is the same character that appeared in Gaurdians 2. Comics history contrasted here: You Call it Fate; I Call it Kismet.)

The Forgotten One's main moments seem to be his first comics appearance in the Thor: Eternal saga where he sported a special costume given by the celestials to be their messenger of sorts to the Eternals residing in Olympia before him and Thor are teleported to a celestial ship where they battle one another. After that issue, no more cool celestial costume as now joins his eternal brethren on earth no longer exiled like he was before the start of the issue. Not until more recently did Marvel try and re-invent the character with a new costume in Eternals: Volume 4 where he kicks around several other Eternals does he seem to really make a mark about 30 years later.

Mesh 2 Characters?:
Therefore, yes I think it's possible to mesh Hercules with The Forgotten One for movie's sake. Only issue I have with this is there's a whole pantheon and mythological component from Marvel comics that surround Hercules that would be tougher to hem in with the Eternals so you're essentially then just getting Hercules smushed into something else which I don't really think is a good idea as Hercules is the more notable character...

Anyway, if Marvel wanted to make a myth heavy movie, they seemed to have veered away from that with the Thor movies from the get-go despite talk about wanting to make something to rival Lord of The Rings before Thor 1 came out. I think the character just wouldn't get served the way he should be and a really good way to fit both him and the mythological components that surround him in the comics need to be interwoven to make it feel like getting the actual character on screen not just inserted into something else.

Last edited:
I think the Forgotten One works better as Gilgamesh, one of my favorite obscure Avengers. He even was a flatmate of Hercules in his last series. :word:

I don't know if he could be introduced as a major character (which I love, btw) having a big role in the MCU. However, I'd like to see, even in brief cameos, other pantheons.

He might be fun as Thor’s dingus mate but I actually think he could have his own part of the universe, especially after hemsworth’s contract is up

Henry-Cavill-920x584.jpg

Yes he should.

Haha that would be fun. Can he do comedy?

If they could make him work then I'd want to see Hercules.

I dunno, I think they should cast someone more... Mediterranean looking as Hercules. Plus Hercules is a comedic and often over the top character, and I'm not sure Cavill can pull that off. Now Wonder Man, on the other hand... he would be perfect for Wonder Man.

I think they should not only introduce Hercules, but the entire Greek/Roman Pantheon into MCU; now that Asgard is gone, I think having the Greek/Roman gods will be the perfect timing. We will also get Ares to join the Dark Avengers if we go that route.

I think they should not only introduce Hercules, but the entire Greek/Roman Pantheon into MCU; now that Asgard is gone, I think having the Greek/Roman gods will be the perfect timing. We will also get Ares to join the Dark Avengers if we go that route.

Could have had them ruling earth before the asgardians took it over when conquering the nine realms. That's why we have myths of them.

I'd like a lot to see something like this in te MCU!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"