Should I get a Nintendo Wii or WiiU

Dangerman

Sidekick
Reaction score
I am thinking or getting my girls (ages 4 & 5) either a Wii or WiiU for Christmas. I am having a hard time trying to figure out which one I should buy. What do you guys recommend? I was already thinking about getting the WiiU when the price drops in the spring or summer and just getting a Wii for Christmas for $60 w/2 controllers but I don't know yet. All the reviews for the Wii U comes off poor.

WiiU...It also plays Wii games, then pick up the Wii Mini later when it hits stores.

wii-mini-1.jpg

I think it's only coming out in Canada. At least for the time being.

If I were in the same situation as the OP, I'd get a Wii U because it's backwards compatible. It has the ability to play new games, & also plays Wii games.

I am thinking or getting my girls (ages 4 & 5) either a Wii or WiiU for Christmas. I am having a hard time trying to figure out which one I should buy. What do you guys recommend? I was already thinking about getting the WiiU when the price drops in the spring or summer and just getting a Wii for Christmas for $60 w/2 controllers but I don't know yet. All the reviews for the Wii U comes off poor.
Just a heads up, the price probably won't drop for WiiU until it's second or third year. It really depends on it's sales and demand, and that's looking to already be fairly strong. I wouldn't hold out for a price drop.

If money is a factor, I'd get the Wii for the price point, but considering that Wii U is backwards compatible, I'd drop money on that.

Either purchase will be good, and getting a Wii is not a bad choice due to it's excellent library.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"