Should Marvel Cancel Ant-Man?

Ant Man in development since 2006 and right before production starts, the script is altered and writer/director bails. Thats called an Epic Fail to me :(

epic-fail-gifs-bicycle-stunt-fail-2.gif

We really need something to bring this back from Failville.

IMO,it only fails if it is cancelled .
it has not failed yet, it does need help though.

First thing I want to hear is delay so they don't rush this, second a decent director announcement.

I'd support cancelling it if Avengers 2 weren't already so far into development, that way they could work Pym into that and have him involved in Ultron's creation. I feel like Pym was left out so that this movie could be made, so it'd be a waste to just end up cancelling the movie altogether.

Do we need this topic anymore? Shooting starts in August.

keep it open till the movie hits the theatre.. never know what may happen :o

Late to the party, voted "No" to cancellation/delay. Glad they're going ahead with new director at the lead. I have never been a big fan of Ant-Man as a singular character (or Goliath/Giant-Man/Yellow Jacket for that matter), I get easily irritated by Paul Rudd on screen in his movies, and I am very skeptical of the Micheal Douglas hiring choice. So why do I even care about this movie?

(1) The test footage they already released on that ABC TV special and the presented costume looked sweet!

(2) Let's get this out of the way, hope it comes out really well and move onto other character introduction projects. I see no reason (and I guess Marvel didn't either) to waste the 2nd MCU slot for a 2015 release. There is no time for another project to get fast green lit and be good.

So Ant-Man, I say to you GOOD LUCK and for god sake, you better be bringing Wasp to this party with you!!!

I predict whatevers been seen so far wont be as awesome as the real film. Itll be 100 X better than that test footage.

Wrights test footage was very cool and I am sure they will use it as a benchmark for the type of quality they wish to achieve .

Should The Mods Cancel This Thread?

I'm not one of those fans who think the sun rises and sets on Edgar Wright's ass, so no; Marvel should not cancel Ant-Man.

I also don't think the general audience, who have come to really love the Marvel product, really care one way or another who directs them.

As I said before its MARVEL'S ANT-MAN not Joe Q. Director's. There has to be a 50/50 going on between what Marvel needs for the MCU and what the filmmakers/writers bring to it. That doesnt mean these filmmakers arent artists and cant use their work at Marvel to reach new heights in their craft. From what James Gunn has said, it sounds like a real great collaborative/creative experience.

Last edited:
I wonder if Jon Favreau Branagh and Taylor would agree that it was such a great collaboration .

No. Obviously they have plans, and are going to tie it into Age of Ultron. I bet it's going to bring a lot of past politics of the MCU into it.

The fact that the release date was moved closer to AoU, to me, suggests that either it ties into it, or that it went on simultaneously.

Or the release date was moved closer because they don't want to compete against the November and December films.

I wonder if Jon Favreau Branagh and Taylor would agree that it was such a great collaboration .

I wonder if Whedon and the Russos would agree. as for Favreau, I wonder if he would have gotten the chance to do C&A(a dud of a movie) and the The Jungle Book (seems like Disney likes him) without Iron Man.

Favreau's experience with Iron Man 2 must not have been that bad as he did reprise his Happy Hogan role in Iron Man 3 and did executive produce that film, The Avengers and the upcoming Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Favreau's experience with Iron Man 2 must not have been that bad as he did reprise his Happy Hogan role in Iron Man 3 and did executive produce that film, The Avengers and the upcoming Avengers: Age of Ultron.

An executive producer credit means F-ALL, it means you throw some of your own money at something and wait for the profit to come back in...its the producer that does all the hard work, the associate producer puts all the people together and pops their head in on set once in a while...

I think as long as youre not a total *****ey diva, you can get along with MARVEL at this point. A business will always have some rough spots here and there. Im sure they dont want that to happen.

Last edited:
^ Exactly. You know what you're getting when you work with Marvel, everyone knows how they do things at this point.
And no, they shouldn't cancel Ant-man. They could pull it off, no doubt.

Favreau's been covered above
Branagh seemed to have a decent time with it, and has stated he's open to coming back for the right film
Taylor's a hired gun, a TV director who specialty lies in making things look cool, so he honestly just seems completely indifferent one way or the other.

If you're gunna make this argument, you go with Patty Jenkins, Terrence Howard, Ed Norton, and Mickey Rourke. C'mon man, it's right there in the Trolling Basics handbook!

This whole thing reminds me of tech support. The IT staff is busy getting things to work but the client who knows little of what's going on thinks they know what's up. The IT Staff is just thinking "Will you just chill we got this..........oh god stop calling".

The only question left is just how disappointing "Ant Man-The Next Generation" is going to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"