• Secure your account

    A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

  • Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should Marvel seek out Pixar, or vice versa?

Son_of_Kalibak

Civilian
Joined
Oct 23, 2004
Messages
242
Reaction score
0
Points
11
When I saw the incredibles, I thought that Pixar & Marvel would be a comic fan's dream.

Just think of the petty crap that would be thrown aside in a Marvel world created by Pixar.

No more, "They had to do it to put it on the big screen".

I just think that a Marvel/Pixar movie would ROCK!

Edit: Looking for opinions on this.
 
That would be pretty cool actually, i could picture an avengers film done with the same quality as in the incredibles. Cause whilst watchin that for the first time I forgot i was watchin an animation after a while.

Hmm marvel should consider it.
 
I think a Pixar/Marvel team-up would be pretty cool. Good luck convincing Pixar to do a Marvel movie though.
 
Considering Disney and Pixar are now "one" I doubt Disney would want Marvel films taking money out of their bank. Pixar isn't the only CGI Film company though it's on top now...that won't last.
 
I agree. Pixar has gone Disney so that bird has flown. There are others out there more suited to realism than Pixar. Their's is a cartoony style. What's are some others beside WETA?
 
Sequential76 said:
I agree. Pixar has gone Disney so that bird has flown.

Not necessarily. John Lasseter, the director of Toy Story, Toy Story 2 and former CEO and creator of Pixar is Chief Creative Officer of the animation studios, and principal creative advisor at Walt Disney Imagineering. Lasseter has always been a staunch advocate of films where character is King, before and above anything else. It's what Pixar was founded on. It's just a matter of seeing who corrupts who: Will Lasseter be able to influence the rest of Disney, or will Disney get to him first. Keep in mind his authority extends farther than it used to, and is in charge of practically all animated projects now.
 
WallCrawl said:
Not necessarily. John Lasseter, the director of Toy Story, Toy Story 2 and former CEO and creator of Pixar is Chief Creative Officer of the animation studios, and principal creative advisor at Walt Disney Imagineering. Lasseter has always been a staunch advocate of films where character is King, before and above anything else. It's what Pixar was founded on. It's just a matter of seeing who corrupts who: Will Lasseter be able to influence the rest of Disney, or will Disney get to him first. Keep in mind his authority extends farther than it used to, and is in charge of practically all animated projects now.

Pixar was only interested in making original content in house to maximize profits and have total control. They've said time and time again they have no plans at present to make movies based on other companies characters. If Disney were to change that I doubt they would use a Marvel character. Besides Marvel isn't selling movie rights anymore. They're making the features themselves so Marvel would have to hire Pixar to make a Marvel film which means Disney would have to approve it and using Pixar to make a Marvel films doesn't make any sense at all because there is less profit potential.
 
Advanced Dark said:
Pixar was only interested in making original content in house to maximize profits and have total control. They've said time and time again they have no plans at present to make movies based on other companies characters. If Disney were to change that I doubt they would use a Marvel character. Besides Marvel isn't selling movie rights anymore. They're making the features themselves so Marvel would have to hire Pixar to make a Marvel film which means Disney would have to approve it and using Pixar to make a Marvel films doesn't make any sense at all because there is less profit potential.
That's not exactly true when you have Sony making the Spider-man films and Fox making the X-men films.

Marvel isn't making all the movies themselves.
 
Son_of_Kalibak said:
When I saw the incredibles, I thought that Pixar & Marvel would be a comic fan's dream.

Just think of the petty crap that would be thrown aside in a Marvel world created by Pixar.

No more, "They had to do it to put it on the big screen".

I just think that a Marvel/Pixar movie would ROCK!

Edit: Looking for opinions on this.
I agree. It would be cool to see a serious animation from them.
 
TheVileOne said:
That's not exactly true when you have Sony making the Spider-man films and Fox making the X-men films.

Marvel isn't making all the movies themselves.

I was referring to new franchises, and I highly doubt Sony would pay Pixar to make a Spiderman CGI film and expect it to make the same as the live action films. It would make no sense. Pixar isn't going to be making a Marvel film though it'd be nice to see an ALL CGI Marvel film like Marvel Zombies, Mort the Dead Teenager, Ant-Man, etc...However live action seems to draw a bigger box office when it comes to more mature films. If Marvel was to make a movie aimed for a broader audience tilted towards the kids like Nemo, Shrek, etc...Then CGI would maximize the box office potential at least with today's crowd. As the technology gets more and more perfected I'm not opposed to an all CGI Hulk or Spidey film but it still feels different. As a kid you want to be Superman or Spider-Man and it makes it much more believable when you see a live action film. Not sure how many kids want to grow up to be Nemo or Shrek so they can get away with that. LOL
 
Advanced Dark said:
Considering Disney and Pixar are now "one" I doubt Disney would want Marvel films taking money out of their bank. Pixar isn't the only CGI Film company though it's on top now...that won't last.

Considering that Disney has now become Pixar's biznich (Pixar has creative control over all animated Disney movies, Steve Jobs is largest shareholder in Disney, and no more cheapquels) and that the other 3D animation studios (Dreamworks Animation SKG and Blue Sky Studios) completely suck, I see Pixar staying on top for quite a while.
 
I'd love to see a Marvel movie (preferrably Hulk) done by a CGI company like Pixar or Dreamworks. So, I'm all for it. :up:
 
On one hand, that would be cool, on the other hand, it would diminish the chance of the Spirit movie I heard Brad Bird was interested in. :o
 
That would be really cool. I love Pixar. :up:
 
I´d rather that Pixar wouldn´t do marvel movies. I´d like animated superhero movies to have at least some edge to them and not be the completely kids friendly thing that Pixar seems to specialize in.
 
Son_of_Kalibak said:
When I saw the incredibles, I thought that Pixar & Marvel would be a comic fan's dream.

Just think of the petty crap that would be thrown aside in a Marvel world created by Pixar.

No more, "They had to do it to put it on the big screen".

I just think that a Marvel/Pixar movie would ROCK!

Edit: Looking for opinions on this.

a dream come true, but I think Pixar's asking price may be out of Marvel's range.
 
Sequential76 said:
I agree. Pixar has gone Disney so that bird has flown.
or in this case ,the superhero has transformed
 
One of the movies from the Paramount deal is a kids movie. Power kids or something stupid like that. CGI should definately be considered for that one.

Also, using a new/unique animated or otherwise artistic look is something I'd like to see for some new franchise. That Keanu Reeves Scanner movie had an interesting look that is easily identifiale. If a different but equally unique look could be used in combination with a compelling story, I'd be psyched. Of course the story has to be unusual in a way that makes sense with an unusual visual treatment.
 
I think Fantastic Four is way more suited to a Pixar type animated movie than live action.
 
Maybe for characters like Power Pack. I think that could be cool.
 
Yeah I agree. Power Pack and Fantastic Four would make pretty sweet animated films. Although if they CG'ed Fantastic Four people would just think "wasn't this the Incredibles already?"
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
200,716
Messages
21,792,052
Members
45,617
Latest member
Mr E
Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"