Should Marvel seek out Pixar, or vice versa?

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by Son_of_Kalibak, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Son_of_Kalibak Registered

When I saw the incredibles, I thought that Pixar & Marvel would be a comic fan's dream.

Just think of the petty crap that would be thrown aside in a Marvel world created by Pixar.

No more, "They had to do it to put it on the big screen".

I just think that a Marvel/Pixar movie would ROCK!

Edit: Looking for opinions on this.

2. 3dman27 super-hero wannabe

3. GoldGoblin Registered

Yeah that would be awesome.

4. Casius--J Web Master

That would be pretty cool actually, i could picture an avengers film done with the same quality as in the incredibles. Cause whilst watchin that for the first time I forgot i was watchin an animation after a while.

Hmm marvel should consider it.

5. Mr. Magoo Registered

I think a Pixar/Marvel team-up would be pretty cool. Good luck convincing Pixar to do a Marvel movie though.

6. Advanced Dark Registered

Considering Disney and Pixar are now "one" I doubt Disney would want Marvel films taking money out of their bank. Pixar isn't the only CGI Film company though it's on top now...that won't last.

7. Sequential76 Registered

I agree. Pixar has gone Disney so that bird has flown. There are others out there more suited to realism than Pixar. Their's is a cartoony style. What's are some others beside WETA?

8. WallCrawl Registered

Not necessarily. John Lasseter, the director of Toy Story, Toy Story 2 and former CEO and creator of Pixar is Chief Creative Officer of the animation studios, and principal creative advisor at Walt Disney Imagineering. Lasseter has always been a staunch advocate of films where character is King, before and above anything else. It's what Pixar was founded on. It's just a matter of seeing who corrupts who: Will Lasseter be able to influence the rest of Disney, or will Disney get to him first. Keep in mind his authority extends farther than it used to, and is in charge of practically all animated projects now.

9. Chris Wallace LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

10. Advanced Dark Registered

Pixar was only interested in making original content in house to maximize profits and have total control. They've said time and time again they have no plans at present to make movies based on other companies characters. If Disney were to change that I doubt they would use a Marvel character. Besides Marvel isn't selling movie rights anymore. They're making the features themselves so Marvel would have to hire Pixar to make a Marvel film which means Disney would have to approve it and using Pixar to make a Marvel films doesn't make any sense at all because there is less profit potential.

11. TheVileOne Registered

That's not exactly true when you have Sony making the Spider-man films and Fox making the X-men films.

Marvel isn't making all the movies themselves.

12. Morgoth Registered

I agree. It would be cool to see a serious animation from them.

13. Advanced Dark Registered

I was referring to new franchises, and I highly doubt Sony would pay Pixar to make a Spiderman CGI film and expect it to make the same as the live action films. It would make no sense. Pixar isn't going to be making a Marvel film though it'd be nice to see an ALL CGI Marvel film like Marvel Zombies, Mort the Dead Teenager, Ant-Man, etc...However live action seems to draw a bigger box office when it comes to more mature films. If Marvel was to make a movie aimed for a broader audience tilted towards the kids like Nemo, Shrek, etc...Then CGI would maximize the box office potential at least with today's crowd. As the technology gets more and more perfected I'm not opposed to an all CGI Hulk or Spidey film but it still feels different. As a kid you want to be Superman or Spider-Man and it makes it much more believable when you see a live action film. Not sure how many kids want to grow up to be Nemo or Shrek so they can get away with that. LOL

14. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

Considering that Disney has now become Pixar's biznich (Pixar has creative control over all animated Disney movies, Steve Jobs is largest shareholder in Disney, and no more cheapquels) and that the other 3D animation studios (Dreamworks Animation SKG and Blue Sky Studios) completely suck, I see Pixar staying on top for quite a while.

15. Advanced Dark Registered

Dreamworks Shrek is awesome no doubt about that.

16. Sabretooth Registered

I'd love to see a Marvel movie (preferrably Hulk) done by a CGI company like Pixar or Dreamworks. So, I'm all for it. :up:

17. MaskedManJRK Registered

On one hand, that would be cool, on the other hand, it would diminish the chance of the Spirit movie I heard Brad Bird was interested in. :o

18. _JayR_ Registered

That would be really cool. I love Pixar. :up:

19. Wyrminarrd Registered

I´d rather that Pixar wouldn´t do marvel movies. I´d like animated superhero movies to have at least some edge to them and not be the completely kids friendly thing that Pixar seems to specialize in.

20. thegameq Registered

a dream come true, but I think Pixar's asking price may be out of Marvel's range.

21. 3dman27 super-hero wannabe

or in this case ,the superhero has transformed

22. adamcz Registered

One of the movies from the Paramount deal is a kids movie. Power kids or something stupid like that. CGI should definately be considered for that one.

Also, using a new/unique animated or otherwise artistic look is something I'd like to see for some new franchise. That Keanu Reeves Scanner movie had an interesting look that is easily identifiale. If a different but equally unique look could be used in combination with a compelling story, I'd be psyched. Of course the story has to be unusual in a way that makes sense with an unusual visual treatment.

23. ampersand Registered

I think Fantastic Four is way more suited to a Pixar type animated movie than live action.

24. Hellion Oppa Is Here

Maybe for characters like Power Pack. I think that could be cool.

25. Mr. Magoo Registered

Yeah I agree. Power Pack and Fantastic Four would make pretty sweet animated films. Although if they CG'ed Fantastic Four people would just think "wasn't this the Incredibles already?"