Should s.w.o.r.d be introduced in this movie?

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
image.jpg

I think it would be a wonderful way to expand carols supporting cast and the marvel u in general. Plus it would make it easier for a kamala khan cameo.

Who would you cast as Abigail and the others? I'm sure it will have joss's blessing

Yes. I like how they introduced her in Avengers Earth Mightiest Heroes Cartoon and her involvement in SWORD. I wouldn't be surprise if Captain Marvel movie use some of the stories she appeared in that show.

I think it should be introduced in GotG2 instead. But have a strong presence in this film as well.

Hmmmmm. Maybe hinted at prior to Captain Marvel, but first seen in Captain Marvel?

I'd like to see Mar-Vell, Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) and ... maybe Rick Jones battling Yon-Rogg and the Kree with some kind of assistance. Abigail Brand and some SWORD soldiers could provide the necessary back-up and also provide Captain Marvel with a lasting day job and an "excuse" to explore the more cosmic side of the Marvel universe at the conclusion of the film.

I would love SWORD to show up and Brand along with it. In fact THAT should be a priority on the SHIELD show, not the "mystery" of Skye. Have Coulson tracking down missing long time SHIELD agents and assets, most dating to BEFORE the unraveling of HYDRA inside SHIELD. BOOM... Turns out that Fury had one last secret he didn't even share with Phil. A secret adjunct organization that was formed to observe and asses non terrestrial threats. Thanks to some true psychics on the team (another secret Fury kept from Phil, along with the confirmation that Thor's landing was NOT the first otherworldly contact certain parties on the planet are aware of) SWORD was never infiltrated by HYDRA, but didn't get involved with things since their mandate is not to get involved with international politics, but to be the first line of defense to keep the human race safe. SWORD can have been formed shortly after Fury started to work on the tesseract, as it was obviously not of this world.

I think SWORD should definitely be IN this movie, though ideally, I'd like to see them introduced sooner.

Brand is part mutant, so how likely is it that the MCU can even use her? I think S.W.O.R.D. itself should be OK, though.

Brand is part mutant, so how likely is it that the MCU can even use her? I think S.W.O.R.D. itself should be OK, though.

Is she a mutant? I thought she was half alien? And wasn't SWORD and Brand created after the deal with FOX? Would they even fall under that deal's stipulations?

It would be particularly sad and ironic if they couldn't use her in the MCU since she was in fact created by Joss Whedon in the first place.

Brand was talking to Magneto during one of the first post-AVX storylines and revealed that she was a Mutant on her mother's side and an alien on her father's side. However, I kind of think that it might be similar to the QS/SW thing. Marvel can use her, but they cannot mention her mutant side (they could just have her be half-human, half-alien in the movies instead). I'd love to see her, she's awesome.

I would love SWORD to show up and Brand along with it. In fact THAT should be a priority on the SHIELD show, not the "mystery" of Skye. Have Coulson tracking down missing long time SHIELD agents and assets, most dating to BEFORE the unraveling of HYDRA inside SHIELD. BOOM... Turns out that Fury had one last secret he didn't even share with Phil. A secret adjunct organization that was formed to observe and asses non terrestrial threats. Thanks to some true psychics on the team (another secret Fury kept from Phil, along with the confirmation that Thor's landing was NOT the first otherworldly contact certain parties on the planet are aware of) SWORD was never infiltrated by HYDRA, but didn't get involved with things since their mandate is not to get involved with international politics, but to be the first line of defense to keep the human race safe. SWORD can have been formed shortly after Fury started to work on the tesseract, as it was obviously not of this world.

So where were they during the Chitauri attack on NYC? I'm pretty sure that that counts as a "non-terrestrial" threat.

Is she a mutant? I thought she was half alien? And wasn't SWORD and Brand created after the deal with FOX? Would they even fall under that deal's stipulations?

My understanding is the deal specifically included future characters not yet created.

My belief is it should be in the movie provided Marvel has the rights to it. But that's a big If.

So where were they during the Chitauri attack on NYC? I'm pretty sure that that counts as a "non-terrestrial" threat.

Doh!

Okay... Scratch that. I still would like to see SWORD and Brand.

As mentioned of the Chitauri above, I would say yes to SWORD. I can see the formation of them after the Chitauri invasion in NYC.

Technically speaking, SWORD is officially a part of SHIELD.

Here's an excerpt from an IGN interview with Kevin Feige back in April.

IGN: This definitely has some components from some of the comics. Are we possibly looking at the start of S.W.O.R.D.?

Feige: Anything is possible. I would not say that that was the impetus for this.

Last edited:
I'd say it should at least be introduced in this movie if not earlier in another movie.

I would like SWORD, especially Abigail Brand, in the movie. It's supposed to be a deprtment of SHIELD right? SHIELD is supposed to be gone, but I guess it doesn't stretch things to much to consider SWORD its own thing. And Spider-Woman

Ideally, SWORD would get some shine in GotG2 and be built upon in CM, but having a presence by the conclusion of this film is something they should absolutely aim for.

That said, I have no idea how that plays into the current setting of rights distribution.

Now that the fox deal has happened I hope this goes ahead. There's still plenty of time to adjust the script before they start shooting. Basically, nick gets home office and Carol ends up running sword. Plus, what a wonderful way to introduce the fantastic four

Yes I really hope we get SWORD in this movie.

Yes I really hope we get SWORD in this movie.

and then what happened with them in the past 20 years ? nope introduce them after Avengers 4 , because SWORD would be no Sword without the Spacestation in the Orbit and to introduce that in a Movie who plays in the 90's would make no sence without creating to many plot holes who would spread through the entire MCU

Easy, just say they had to keep themselves secret. I mean, just because we didn't see them doesn't mean they weren't there.

Basically whenever there's a chemtrail or whatever, that's where they are lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"