Should Sandman die?

I voted to keep him alive just because of the precedant that Raimi established with the origin, story, and death of a villian all in the same movie. Why can't villians be able to come back again... I always thought it was kinda lame to use the excuse, "uh but we want a new villian in every movie, there are so many to choose from". They could easily showed Ock locked in a cage off in some cell. That way we know that he might not be in the next movie but, there is always a chance of his return.

If they did it right and kept Ock alive at the end, I wouldn't mind having Sandy bite the dust. I mean like Doc Ock said, he's a C grade villian that to me didn't have the in depth background story like a Gobby, Ock, Venom etc......

Since they killed off Ock (arguable) I lean towards keeping Sandy alive. But then I think that is kinda horsecrap that they would kill off Ock. Who is in the top 3 of Spidey villians but, keep this C grade not much depth villian alive. Damn... As I type this and divulge into thought my opinion is now mixed.... Cheers!

He should be caught in a horrible fire and turn into Glassman. :)

Sandman, GG2 and Venom will all die, that's right, even VENOM. If they killed GG and Ock, these villains don't stand a chance in hell.

I think Sandman is going to live through this one.

More than likely, he'll be incapacitated in some way...probably end up turned to glass.

No, lets have a change of pace here. I'd be happier to see him in somewhere like Ravencroft.

GG had to die.

Ock didn't.

Sandman? Shouldn't die, but they'll have to figure out someway to "keep him alive".

Visionary said:
Sandman, GG2 and Venom will all die, that's right, even VENOM. If they killed GG and Ock, these villains don't stand a chance in hell.
Venom won't be in the movie till the very end

sandman - dies
GG 2 - locked in insane asylum
Venom - jail (or only seen at end of movie)

Good variety of villain fates!

considering these movies are set in a semi "real world" setting, their isn't a prison on earth that could hold any of spiderman villians. Its better they die, because they ain't no wayeles spiderman can stop them in the movieverse. can you imagine the police trying to hold Dock ock in a cell? The only villain they could of kept alive is Normon osborn, but he needed to die to develop harrys spiderman hatred.

That's true, how do you put Spider-Man's villains in prison?

Another reason why I feel death will become of all the villains.

kill them all. prison cant hold anyone. kill them and somehow return them later well... maybe

yes, sadnman should die... dunno about sandman though

no deaths please, especially no suicides

uncle ben's killer commited suicide
norman osborn commited suicide
ock commited suicide.

enough already, show not only ordinary people need to pay for their crimes.

Norman Osborn did not commit Suicide, he accidentally killed himself!!

Anyways Sandman should not die but be apprehended, Green Goblin Can Die, and Venom, can live or appear at the end!!

boywonder13 said:
Norman Osborn did not commit Suicide, he accidentally killed himself!!

Anyways Sandman should not die but be apprehended, Green Goblin Can Die, and Venom, can live or appear at the end!!
accidentally or not, he commited suicide.

:o

Spidey's?

Spidey steps out of the shadows, removes his mask. The man is shocked to see who it is, takes a step back. His foot hits a loose pipe, he trips and falls out the window

Odin's Lapdog said:
no deaths please, especially no suicides

uncle ben's killer commited suicide
norman osborn commited suicide
ock commited suicide.

enough already, show not only ordinary people need to pay for their crimes.
Suicide:
  1. The act or an instance of intentionally killing oneself. (from dictionary.com).
The operative word here being INTENTIONALLY. Norman did not intend to kill himself - he intended to kill Spider-Man, who jumped out of the way.

Uncle Ben's killer did not intend to kill himself, he tripped over a bar and fell out a window in his haste to escape from Spider-Man.

The only one of these even CLOSE to being a suicide is Doc Ock - he knew that stopping his invention would most likely kill him, but he did it anyway. But the killer and GG were not suicides.

alright then. so how would you describe their deaths then?

personally if someone's actions lead to their own death whether willfully or not, i would class that as suicide.

i don't feel intent should hold such strong association to the word. I'm not sure whether a homicide is considered the same whether it's manslaughter or murder (ie varying levels of intent).

if for purely the basis of making a point, i will say Killed themselves instead of suicide.

Odin's Lapdog said:
alright then. so how would you describe their deaths then?
Accidents, naturally. Convenient, plot-device, Spidey-moral-saving accidents. Can't keep them in prison, can't have Spidey kill them...

That's why I would CONSIDER prison instead of death - because if it's death, Spidey's going to have to kill somebody SOMETIME - if they keep accidently skewering themselves in their manhoods, what is Spider-Man good for, really?

so you're alright with me saying they killed themselves rather than saying they commited suicide.

I mean killing one's self encoporates both doing it willingly or accidentally right?

uncle ben's killer and norman killed themselves accidentally while ock's had more intent behind it.

is that fair to say?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"