The Dark Knight Rises Should Scarecrow Return In TDKR???

No. More Scarecrow would feel like a waste of time. And I dont like the idae of having him in 3 movies while Jokers was only in 1. Get a new villian or not for that 2ndary villain role.

The Riddler won't be much of a threat as the main villain, he can work better as the side villain. That's why I think Scarecrow should be the main villain, because he can be much more threatening than The Riddler.

He wasn't even a villian per se in Dark Knight. He was used a vehicle to close out the "fear" theme in BB, and show how it changes to "escalation".

If you didn't notice, no one feared him in Dark Knight, not the mob, not Batman, and most notably, not the public...bad place not even the dogs. It was to show through escalation of the publics willingness to follow Batmans example, they could escalate over their fear if they rose up against common thugs. Then they showed at the party when the senator exclaimed "we don't fear thugs like you" to the Joker that escalation was a two way street to the public. This was solidified when Joker had the Batman impersonator captive...escalation comes at a cost if you choose to go down that path.

I'd like to see him have another cameo, maybe a little bigger than his one in TDK. It would be amusing if he kept popping up and Batman had to take him down again. I also think that it keeps a sense of continuity between the films. Instead of villains just popping up and disappearing at the end of each movie.

Having said that, I don't think he should be the main villain. It would feel like they were going backwards instead of forwards.

I'd like to see him again, not as the main villain, but as a cameo, maybe we see him in a newly built Arkham, locked up next to the Joker or something similar would be good, but i don't want them to force him into the plot if an appearance isn't necessary.

I am always FOR returning villains/characters.

I'd love it if Scarecrow appeared again.

As long as they don't kill him at any point in this franchise i will be happy. Bigger role than TDK and smaller than BB= good enough for me

yeah bring him back. He has been a cool part of these movies

I voted no, at most all I would want to see would be a cameo in arkham, maybe have batman coming to speak with him, or the joker and walking past either of their cells.

Yes so we can see The Joker poisoned with fear gas :woot:

Make him a more important villain and I'm all in. Otherwise, no.

After seeing the Joker....I don't think Scarecrow should be in it. If they wanna show him, show him locked up. Thats it. lol We need new villains.

^Good Point.The gas wouldnt affect the Clown Prince Of Crime!!!
A good Cameo in a 3rd film would be good for me.Bigger than TDK though.....

In Arkham, but nowhere else.

this is just my opinion, scarecrow vs joker in 4th film...or scarecrow and joker somehow work together kinda like in knightfall...

i believe in harvey two face coming back

No. He's been done plenty, he's not that great of a villain and there are tons of other great Batman villains to use.

My thoughs exactly. Scarecrow's had his screen-time; now it's time for another of the rogues to have their day.

Obviously, given Nolan's 'realistic' parameters (limitations?), there are quite a few rogues who will never be used - some of the more 'fantastical' ones will never be considered.

Hugo Strange, the Penguin and Mr.Freeze (if some of his more 'sci-fi' elements where rethought) could be used (Freeze may still have the stigma of B&R attached to him but that didnt stop Echart from delivering an amazing Two-Face) but..............

.........It's a shame they used Deadshot in 'Gotham Knight' as I would have loved to have seen the character of Floyd Lawton on screen.

So as the next best thing, I think that the Reaper/Caspian would be an interesting villain, with many interesting parrellels to Batman/Bruce (just like Deadshot). Some may recall the rumours before 'Begins' of the Reapers involvement in the movie.

Who'd play him in anyones guess (Eastwood would have been perfect a few years ago), but, I'd get a real kick out of seeing Nolan's take on the Reaper:-

The_Reaper_1.jpg

CovBatsYr2-2.jpg

145517983_74932b2734_o.jpg

erher.jpg

I know there arent going to be many who agree with me on the idea of the Reaper but, what the hey, I think he's got real movie potential.......................

I don't really care, if he's back for a bigger role fine if not I'm ok with it.

I say yes, but not as the main villian. The scarecrow really only showed up at the end of BB and then that was all we really saw you know. We need to see the Scarecrow at 100%

Scarecrow seems like the thorn that will always be at the bottom of Batman's foot. He was in BB and TDK. Let him be in B3, he could have cell in Arkham, where Hugo Strange just looks at him and shakes his head.

I want him to return to because it would just be a really great way to tie all three of the movies together with villain. And also... Scarecrow rocks. As far as the role being bigger, I think he needs just a couple more minutes screentime, more dialogue, and it'll be great.

Edit: Also, if he does make an appearance, I would like him to have more of an actual costume. It doesn't have to be an exact adaptation from the comics, but something that atleast somewhat resembles his costume would be great. And if he would use a scythe, that would be so awesome!

Last edited:
I say an Arkham cameo but nothing more than that unless he's absolutely necessary for the plot.

- Jow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"